• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

TRADE ALERT! Wings Acquire Robby Fabbri

Rate this topic

Couple of weeks ago I was talking to my dad complaining that the Wings are so conservative that they'd rather have a guy who has no chance of scoring than a guy who has no chance of defending.  I was lamenting the fact that there are always guys available who can score, but who can't do much else; and that rather than stockpile 200 Darren Helm types we should maybe take a flier on a guy with offense.  I was thinking another Vanek...so basically Jason Spezza. 

And then we traded for Perlini and Fabbri.

So they did the exact thing I was asking for, but in a way I wasn't.  So I sorta HAVE to like these trades...but I don't feel good about it.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Couple of weeks ago I was talking to my dad complaining that the Wings are so conservative that they'd rather have a guy who has no chance of scoring than a guy who has no chance of defending.  I was lamenting the fact that there are always guys available who can score, but who can't do much else; and that rather than stockpile 200 Darren Helm types we should maybe take a flier on a guy with offense.  I was thinking another Vanek...so basically Jason Spezza. 

And then we traded for Perlini and Fabbri.

So they did the exact thing I was asking for, but in a way I wasn't.  So I sorta HAVE to like these trades...but I don't feel good about it.

RE: Trades

Yzerman

Related image

Holland

Related image

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Has anyone scored less points in almost 400 games than Ciccone?

Fabbri had these hats designed for Blues fans

MFW we're getting new merch!

Stu Grimson probably.  Scored 39 points in over 700 games. 

Ciccone was a defenseman, so they don't score as much anyway.  

5 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

sooooo with the recent trade pattern 2014 Draft I am expecting one of these guys with a G to be a Wing soon bye bye __________?

image.png.c985f5e9d8c7c65a20367e49c6c97684.png

Demko isn't going anywhere, and the other two guys suck...

26 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Maybe we can pry Markstrom out of Van early, I just doubt it, that seems like a draft day trade

We need someone... Howard seems to have fallen off a cliff and landed next to Bernier....  

What would Markstrom cost do you reckon?

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Zadina? 

Careful now

McGuire: Don't Be Surprised If Zadina is Traded

"When I've watched him play, the one thing that stands out is when the puck is going his way, it's really good. When it's not going his way, it's not so good. He's going to have to find a way to get over that.

"You have to compete without the puck, you gotta want to get it back and you can't quit on plays. That's something I've seen him do when it hasn't gone his way. When it goes his way, he's pretty good. But we'll see. It's pretty early in his career."

"Once you change the management and you were drafted by the previous group, you don't have nearly as much familiarity with the guys coming in and they don't have the same familiarity with you. Usually but not always, it opens up more potential to be moved."

"When asked if Yzerman likely had reports from his days as general manager in Tampa Bay that Zadina never should've been picked sixth overall in the 2018 draft, McGuire said, "That's fair. That's more than fair."

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

[viewing the crime scene of Ken Holland's legacy's murder]

DANNY WITWER: I worked homicide before federal. This is what we call an orgy of bulletin board material. You know how many orgies I had as a homicide cop?

OFFICER FLETCHER: How many?

WITWER: None.

[crouches down and looks back up]

WITWER: This was all arranged.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

[viewing the crime scene of Ken Holland's legacy's murder]

DANNY WITWER: I worked homicide before federal. This is what we call an orgy of bulletin board material. You know how many orgies I had as a homicide cop?

OFFICER FLETCHER: How many?

WITWER: None.

[crouches down and looks back up]

WITWER: This was all arranged.

The normies over on reddit are having a full meltdown about this article lol

Just posted it on HF Boards... waiting to see how the big brains react