No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

TRADE ALERT! Wings Acquire Robby Fabbri

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The normies over on reddit are having a full meltdown about this article lol

Just posted it on HF Boards... waiting to see how the big brains react

I skimmed through the piece. TBH, I don't think he's saying anything particularly controversial.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Which one is #3? The one with Samuel L? Cause that one is the ****

Yup and yup.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No it's just baseless speculation lol. Reddit is easily offended. Trash website.

I do kinda wonder if Ottaw's treasure trove of 2020 picks isn't kinda harshin' Yzerman's vibe. Finishing below the Sens in the standings and watching them make 800 picks in the first two rounds would be absolute rock bottom for this organization, unless perhaps we get Lafreniere and the Sens don't even pick in the top three. Anyway, point is, I wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman is setting up to go hunting for 2020 1sts. Cornering the market on cheap, flippable 23-year-old RFAs could be part of that.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why wasn't there a TRADE ALERT! thread created for Perlini? WHY @Dabura???

I felt we all needed an injection of HYPE! after last night's game. :lol:

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I do kinda wonder if Ottaw's treasure trove of 2020 picks isn't kinda harshin' Yzerman's vibe. Finishing below the Sens in the standings and watching them make 800 picks in the first two rounds would be absolute rock bottom for this organization, unless perhaps we get Lafreniere and the Sens don't even pick in the top three. Anyway, point is, I wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman is setting up to go hunting for 2020 1sts. Cornering the market on cheap, flippable 23-year-old RFAs could be part of that.

Having 8,000 picks and still not picking top3 would be very senator-esque. So that will probably happen.

PS I'm seeing Russian bros posting that Holland canceled his trip to binlan...

3 minutes ago, mackel said:

Real countries have Thanksgiving in October...  

NO THEY DO NOT

Thanksgiving is essentially a harvest festival, at least that's what it was before we started calling it thanksgiving. How can you have a harvest festival when carrots, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, beets, turnips, broccoli, and celery are all still in the field in October??? Are these veggies somehow beneath you haughty canucks? Unworthy of your celebration?

Canada is as maddening as it is lawless

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

NO THEY DO NOT

Thanksgiving is essentially a harvest festival, at least that's what it was before we started calling it thanksgiving. How can you have a harvest festival when carrots, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, beets, turnips, broccoli, and celery are all still in the field in October??? Are these veggies somehow beneath you haughty canucks? Unworthy of your celebration?

These are harvested in October...  in real countries :-)

15 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Couple of weeks ago I was talking to my dad complaining that the Wings are so conservative that they'd rather have a guy who has no chance of scoring than a guy who has no chance of defending.  I was lamenting the fact that there are always guys available who can score, but who can't do much else; and that rather than stockpile 200 Darren Helm types we should maybe take a flier on a guy with offense.  I was thinking another Vanek...so basically Jason Spezza. 

And then we traded for Perlini and Fabbri.

So they did the exact thing I was asking for, but in a way I wasn't.  So I sorta HAVE to like these trades...but I don't feel good about it.

Real monkey paw hours

On 11/7/2019 at 10:18 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

NO THEY DO NOT

You guys can have your harvest festival. we'll keep Thanksgiving 

It's really funny to make fun of Canada. When you guys need your maple syrup though, we'll be the ones laughing. 

On 11/9/2019 at 11:46 AM, Euro_Twins said:

You guys can have your harvest festival. we'll keep Thanksgiving 

It's really funny to make fun of Canada. When you guys need your maple syrup though, we'll be the ones laughing. 

Careful what you wish for Leaf. Americans when the maple syrup wells dry up:

726bbe81-6515-4e8f-a3b1-2c2530f01cdd.jpg