• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Babs got fired

Rate this topic

Leafs fire Babs  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/25/2019 at 1:58 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

There gonna get absolutely crushed in the playoffs this year too I can feel it

And there's another off season of "how will they get out of this one" coming.

I can't wait to watch this happen, cause it will.

On 11/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, gcom007 said:

He didn’t win a Cup in Anaheim. 

And Giggy carried that team on his back to the Finals. Unreal goaltending performance.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:57 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And who's fault is it that they're in boom or bust right NOW? That's on Dubas. He's created a roster situation where if they don't win a cup this year there in trouble again. Their in for another summer of hard work completely redoing the roster AGAIN regardless of what happens.

At least when we had a young Dats and Z they had Lids to lead them and protect them. Tavares is supposed to be that bridge between the coach and the players and idk if he was snoozing on that one, but that bridge seems to have been neglected. Johnny T was a mistake.m the s*** show that is Toronto.

Hell yeah, you gots it. Laughs fans are dumb anyways. None of the ones i know wanted Nylander moved for anything. Can't believe that little s*** made 10 million last year. Signing Tavares was stupid with the big money that was going to be handed out to Matthews and Marner too. He totally neglected the blueline and waived the one backup (McIllhenney) he had that could actually step in for Andersen, who they always burn out. Hutchinson with his 4.50 GAA isn't stepping in that's for sure. Eventually clued in and brought in Muzzin, Barrie, and Ceci, who with the exception of Muzzin, don't seem to be doing much anyways. Their whole blueline are UFAs in the offseason with the exception of Reilly. And Dermott (RFA). Clusterf***age.

9 hours ago, Dabura said:

They got Cherry's scalp. They realized there's nothing stopping them from claiming any other wrongthinker's scalp. Blood is in the water.

...Or this is a genuine thing and there's a serious culture problem and this has nothing to do with politics.

I'll let people reach their own conclusions.

The Thought Police are coming. And they'll be wearing p***y hats, waving rainbow flags, and yelling "racist" at anyone who doesn't join them.

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The Thought Police are coming. And they'll be wearing p***y hats, waving rainbow flags, and yelling "racist" at anyone who doesn't join them.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

nm

The conservative talking points are working Neo! Dont let up now lol

Anywaysssss

https://www.nhl.com/news/mitchell-marner-praises-former-toronto-maple-leafs-coach-mike-babcock/c-311822964

Marner praises Babs for making him a better player

Kadri also came out on Twitter saying Babs is an excellent coach

Pooping on Babs is hereby CANCELLED 

V2EvQFO.jpg

Did you know Kyle Dubas believes in science? He's so smart, he even does math. Look at this arbitrary stat, it PROVES Marner is the best player in the league. Babcock is doing fine, probably the best coach in the league, it's our crappy schedule, no backup goalie, and injuries that are holding us back. Actually no, it was Babcock's fault the whole time, he's really not even that good. O'Keefe won the freaking CALDER CUP dude AND he reads the wall street journal. Guy's probably the smartest brain in hockey. It's just that league gave us this crappy schedule, no back up goalie, and injuries are killing us.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

V2EvQFO.jpg

Did you know Kyle Dubas believes in science? He's so smart, he even does math. Look at this arbitrary stat, it PROVES Marner is the best player in the league. Babcock is doing fine, probably the best coach in the league, it's our crappy schedule, no backup goalie, and injuries that are holding us back. Actually no, it was Babcock's fault the whole time, he's really not even that good. O'Keefe won the freaking CALDER CUP dude AND he reads the wall street journal. Guy's probably the smartest brain in hockey. It's just that league gave us this crappy schedule, no back up goalie, and injuries are killing us.

You're trying too hard.  God love you, but you're trying too hard.  Lot of teams have tough schedules, or deficiency at specific positions, or injuries.  Hell, look at the mighty Blue Jackets laboring into the playoff picture despite dealing with all three. 

You know what lots of teams don't have?  Tavares, Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Reilly, and Anderson to build around.  There's not excuse for their early season struggles, and REALLY rapid turnaround, that doesn't involve an entire team quitting on their assh*le coach.

Edited by kipwinger

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You're trying too hard.  God love you, but you're trying too hard.  Lot of teams have tough schedules, or deficiency at specific positions, or injuries.  Hell, look at the mighty Blue Jackets laboring into the playoff picture despite dealing with all three. 

You know what lots of teams don't have?  Tavares, Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Reilly, and Anderson to build around.  There's not excuse for their early season struggles, and REALLY rapid turnaround, that doesn't involve an entire team quitting on their assh*le coach.

If only making the playoffs was accomplished in November.

29 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not like Babs' playoff record in Toronto was some feather in his cap.

Good chance the Leafs won't make the playoffs this season.

Bloated pretty boy salaries, and a lack of any desire to play well in their own end will continue to nag them.

49 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not like Babs' playoff record in Toronto was some feather in his cap.

18 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Good chance the Leafs won't make the playoffs this season.

Bloated pretty boy salaries, and a lack of any desire to play well in their own end will continue to nag them.

I was saying b4 the Babs firing, I hate the way their team plays. They play like individuals, they don't always hustle. It's a team of scorers. I think it's good to have a lot of scorers, but building a roster is a lil more nuanced than literally only having scorers. Trading Kadri seriously hurt the team, even though IMO it looked like a good move on paper.

I think Babs and O'keefe are probably both decent coaches. The real flaw is in the roster in Toronto.

But yeah Babs lost the room. Not sure I would have caved to those lazy players though.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I was saying b4 the Babs firing, I hate the way their team plays. They play like individuals, they don't always hustle. It's a team of scorers. I think it's good to have a lot of scorers, but building a roster is a lil more nuanced than literally only having scorers. Trading Kadri seriously hurt the team, even though IMO it looked like a good move on paper.

I think Babs and O'keefe are probably both decent coaches. The real flaw is in the roster in Toronto.

But yeah Babs lost the room. Not sure I would have caved to those lazy players though.

I saw this coming a few years ago when Shanny mentioned 'team friendly contracts'...Dubas 'we'll work it out to keep this team together'...Matthews/Marner 'yeah this is why we have agents'.

This is absolutely no surprise to me.

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think they have any more scorers than we did with Dats, Z, Hossa, and Franzen.  You could probably say their depth players are more offensively minded than Detroit had, and I'd agree that moving Kadri was a bit short sighted, but I just don't see the problem being that too many of their scoring guys are too good at scoring. 

I think the problem is more likely that they have a team full of kids, none of whom have been around long enough to have learned what they need to do to win at the NHL level.  Combined with the fact that they've got a coach who needs a season or so to learn what works and does not work at this level.  Probably adding some quality vets over the next year or two would help, kinda like what Carolina has tried to do with Justin Williams. But basically the reason why the Leafs have underachieved IMO were A) Their team is super young, and B) None of them wanted to play for Babcock. 

They sorta remind me of the Wings in 2005, 06, 07.  Too soft, too skilled, too little, too this too that.  Nah man, they just have to mature a little bit.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I don't think they have any more scorers than we did with Dats, Z, Hossa, and Franzen.  You could probably say their depth players are more offensively minded than Detroit had, and I'd agree that moving Kadri was a bit short sighted, but I just don't see the problem being that too many of their scoring guys are too good at scoring. 

I think the problem is more likely that they have a team full of kids, none of whom have been around long enough to have learned what they need to do to win at the NHL level.  Combined with the fact that they've got a coach who needs a season or so to learn what works and does not work at this level.  Probably adding some quality vets over the next year or two would help, kinda like what Carolina has tried to do with Justin Williams. But basically the reason why the Leafs have underachieved IMO were A) Their team is super young, and B) None of them wanted to play for Babcock. 

They sorta remind me of the Wings in 2005, 06, 07.  Too soft, too skilled, too little, too this too that.  Nah man, they just have to mature a little bit.

I just look down the roster and it's mostly all guys who wanna play offensively and get PP time. I think it would serve them a lot to move some of these for a role player. A shutdown C like Kadri. Some checking line PKers. A capable backup goalie.

But yeah they're also super young. I do think the Johnny T contract unnecessarily sped up their rebuild and screwed them on their young players contracts. Now they have overpaid young superstars who don't play a mature game, live in a market that treats them like gods, and they successfully got their coach fired cause he's a meanie. IMO I just see so many bad precedent being set their.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I just look down the roster and it's mostly all guys who wanna play offensively and get PP time. I think it would serve them a lot to move some of these for a role player. A shutdown C like Kadri. Some checking line PKers. A capable backup goalie.

But yeah they're also super young. I do think the Johnny T contract unnecessarily sped up their rebuild and screwed them on their young players contracts. Now they have overpaid young superstars who don't play a mature game, live in a market that treats them like gods, and they successfully got their coach fired cause he's a meanie. IMO I just see so many bad precedent being set their.

Or they have young superstars locked up for years making less money than they'd eventually get paid as UFA's, who haven't learned to play a mature game YET, and who quit on a coach because he was a manipulative egomaniac, not because he was a hardass.  Tons of hardass coaches are beloved around the league: Gallant, Laviolette, and Quenneville just to name a few. I think players tend to balk at coaches who are openly antagonistic toward their players. Babs passed into the Mike Keenan, Viktor Tikhonov, realm.  There's a difference between demanding and dictatorial. 

I think everyone wants to point the finger at Matthews, Marner, and Nylander because they're all smug little assh*les, and I totally get that.  But they aren't the problem.  Do they play perfect games yet, absolutely not.  Are they the drivers for most of Toronto's success?  Absolutely.  Every fan of every team goes on endlessly about the need for elite talent, only in Toronto's case is having so much elite talent considered a flaw.  I tend to agree that they should probably move a Johnsson or Kapanen or Timashov for some more versatile role players.  But I look at their roster and see only two guys are over the age of thirty, more than half of their roster is under the age of 26, and almost none of them have any experience going on long playoff runs.  I generally conclude that the team they have is fine (minus a few tweeks) but they to mature, not overhual a quality roster.  It took the Caps 14 years to develop a "sell your soul to win" attitude.  I think TO's stars will probably get there too, but it's going to take some internal growth. 

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Or they have young superstars locked up for years making less money than they'd eventually get paid as UFA's, who haven't learned to play a mature game YET, and who quit on a coach because he was a manipulative egomaniac, not because he was a hardass.  Tons of hardass coaches are beloved around the league: Gallant, Laviolette, and Quenneville just to name a few. I think players tend to balk at coaches who are openly antagonistic toward their players. Babs passed into the Mike Keenan, Viktor Tikhonov, realm.  There's a difference between demanding and dictatorial. 

I think everyone wants to point the finger at Matthews, Marner, and Nylander because they're all smug little assh*les, and I totally get that.  But they aren't the problem.  Do they play perfect games yet, absolutely not.  Are they the drivers for most of Toronto's success?  Absolutely.  Every fan of every team goes on endlessly about the need for elite talent, only in Toronto's case is having so much elite talent considered a flaw.  I tend to agree that they should probably move a Johnsson or Kapanen or Timashov for some more versatile role players.  But I look at their roster and see only two guys are over the age of thirty, more than half of their roster is under the age of 26, and almost none of them have any experience going on long playoff runs.  I generally conclude that the team they have is fine (minus a few tweeks) but they to mature, not overhual a quality roster.  It took the Caps 14 years to develop a "sell your soul to win" attitude.  I think TO's stars will probably get there too, but it's going to take some internal growth. 

I see the core their as Tavares/Marner/Matthews/Rielly. That's their elite talent and none of them should be moved. Yes they'll all get older and wiser with time. I think they rushed things with Tavares and that led to them spending $11 mil+ that they didn't need to, but it is what it is. I think a wiser organization would have looked back on the Phanuef/Kessel days and said hey maybe we don't need Tavares RIGHT NOW. Lets let this younger roster develop themselves, keep cap costs lean, and not rush things.

Lucky for them they still have a glut of young secondary talent that can be used or traded for what they will need in the future. Like the players you mentioned.

I like to bring up Kadri because, to me, his example is a microcosm of the flaw in how they are building that roster. Here is a player who bought in to Babs system and who Babs molded into a fantastic shutdown 2C. Despite all the psycho mindgame stuff that came out Kadri still had nothing but good things to say about Babs. This guy should be your shiny beacon on a hill. You have your young players rooming with this guy on road trips and stuff.

But no, Dubas overloaded a young team with salary and Kadri eventually got forced out. He could have been a great character player on that team for years while young players come up the right way. Now they have their nice guy butt wiping coach who wont hurt their egos.

They're gonna get older and better, but I foresee problems with that team in the future.