• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/23 The Devils in the Derail GDT - Red Wings @ Devils - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Bernier stole that period.. need to wake up and come out firing in the 2nd. 5 shots isn't gonna cut it.

I get that Blashill cares more about quality than quantity. But, I mean, tell me how many of those 5 shots were "high-quality" shots.

You can't get outshot by a 2:1 ratio every night and think you're going to magically win a whole lot of games. It'd be one thing if we had solid special teams and solid goaltending, but we don't. We literally have everything working against us, and we want to be cute with shot attempts. :sleepy:

I'm a big fan of just throwing junk on net and seeing if you get lucky with a rebound. Goals are goals if they are ugly or pretty. I'd rather see them grind around the front of the net, toss some pucks on the goalie and see what happens. Get the goalie into it a bit, get him working. It's his first start of the season I think they said, he's gotta be at least a little nervous. Test him.

6 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm a big fan of just throwing junk on net and seeing if you get lucky with a rebound. Goals are goals if they are ugly or pretty. I'd rather see them grind around the front of the net, toss some pucks on the goalie and see what happens. Get the goalie into it a bit, get him working. It's his first start of the season I think they said, he's gotta be at least a little nervous. Test him.

Yep, I've always said ugly goals are beautiful goals.

4 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

That's another thing that's been bugging me -- net presence. This season's team doesn't get to juicy rebounds. Doesn't happen. Never the first man to that puck, always just a step or two late to it. It's actually kind of incredible.

(Hopefully they make me look really stupid for saying this.)