• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

Larkin's Stick Slamming

Rate this topic

I mean, easy for us to say. He's the young captain (basically captain) of a terrible team that looks like it's out to lunch half the time. On top of that, we know he's a really emotional guy and he hates losing as much as he loves winning.

He'll figure out whatever he has to figure out in due time.

Edited by Dabura

It bugs me because I'm a cheap old bat, and sticks cost money, but maybe it's better that he blow off some steam than go out half-cocked and make mistakes because he's not focused due to the anger or try to fight someone and get hurt.

Ideally he'll learn to channel that anger and focus it into hard play.

He'll be fine. I'm sure he knows this years team is the worst he's played on since he came aboard, and there will be frustration. Hopefully the team finishes dead last and snags first overall in the lottery, that's the best outcome this season can bring. Yzerman seems to consider this season one of evaluation, and Larkin should too. Play his best, no pressure.

5 hours ago, Rivalred said:

At least one player is showing some passion and determination 

He's pointless and -4 in his last six games... This team is awful, but that simply isn't good enough for our supposed best player and future captain...

DeKeyser, Daley, Ericsson, Green, Abby, Nielsen, Helm, and Howard should all be dumped. But no one would want them. Well, Green would fetch something at the deadline if he's healthy. Maybe. At least 4 of them are done in Detroit after this season. The rest will have to burn off..slowlyyyy.

10 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Larkin still doing it.  

I get being frustrated but I definitely agree it’s over the top behaviour.  That hit on Ovi after the empty net hatty was embarrassing.  He’s certainly not doing himself any favours 

It's starting to get old, I agree. What he did against the Caps, tripping up Ovechkin after the empty net goal, breaking his stick, going to the bench, breaking it some more. He needs to carry himself better or maybe captain considerations need to go elsewhere. 

I hate to be like that, and at the beginning of the season I was all for giving him the C, but now i'm second guessing that. Lead by example Larkin, all eyes are on you. Acting out after every loss is making the team look worse. Keep it under control.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:23 PM, chaps80 said:

DeKeyser, Daley, Ericsson, Green, Abby, Nielsen, Helm, and Howard should all be dumped. But no one would want them. Well, Green would fetch something at the deadline if he's healthy. Maybe. At least 4 of them are done in Detroit after this season. The rest will have to burn off..slowlyyyy.

Maybe we could get Holland to take them?