• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/24 Herculean GDT - Hurricanes @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

I almost hope we get massacred today just so the guys are pissed enough to take a giant s*** on Toronto’s honeymoon with Keefe. The HF boards are expecting a huge win with the Leafs having some days off for Keefe to work with them. I saw some guy say the following: 

This will be a huge win for us. I can feel it. Keefe will destroy Babcock's apprentice.”

The joy it would bring to see the Wings drop a massive hailstorm on Toronto’s parade planning is unparalleled.

Well, I hope they enjoyed walking home from NJ, so they could think about what they did, there.  Worst game of the season in terms of effort (lack thereof) and hockey skills.  They are better than this.  I believe they need to pin a "C" on Larkin and let him take the responsibility out there.  They are rudderless, and have no common focus. 

Blashill is not up to the challenge.  He's not a bad coach - but he's the wrong one for this bunch.  Other teams are statistically younger and substantially less talented individually than this roster.  Yet they manage to win games convincingly.  I don't think we can let them skate (no pun intended) because they are young.  They should show MORE drive and energy as up and coming NHL 'stars,' not flabby efforts like the play they tend to display as a rule.

If they do not get their heads on straight and play like they deserve to be Red Wings, we can expect more of the NJ game.  Brutal.

Let's go, Red Wings.  Seriously.  Let's....

/end looo rant

Edited by puckloo39

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

For some reason I thought it was gonna be this video

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Mantha out and a hole in the top line...

Zadina on a hot streak...

This is the perfect storm. I expect big things.

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/notes-zadina-called-up-after-manthas-injury/c-311744122

"I'd temper any expectations in the sense that he just played two games in a row, so this will be his third in three nights," Wings coach Jeff Blashill said. "They got in at 4 in the morning from Milwaukee. I've lived that life. It's not easy. You're grinding through the third day and now you got to come play in the NHL. So it's not an easy thing to ask of him.

"With that said, we needed a forward. We wanted somebody with high-end skill. That's why he was drafted sixth overall. We're hoping he can come in and give us a good game as much as he can. He'll have a chance to play with good players. I'm not going to say where or what for sure, but he'll spend time on the power play and play with good players. We're hoping he can grind out a good game tonight."

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

Zadimples is here to save us all....

Consider:

• His birthday is in a few days
  • US Thanksgiving is this week
  • The Wings suck and need something, anything to feel good about

Would be lindo maravilhoso (as the Brazilians say) to see him lead us to a win tonight.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Consider:

• His birthday is in a few days
  • US Thanksgiving is this week
  • The Wings suck and need something, anything to feel good about

Would be lindo maravilhoso (as the Brazilians say) to see him lead us to a win tonight.

I have seen Zadina play with the Griffs.. he was electric... so yes, happy birthday to him and his dimples - the Wings are turkeys right now, and I would love nothing more than to see a little Fabbri Effect tonight, spark a win.

Lineup.jpg

Safe to assume these lines -- and pairings -- are all very fluid.

Just now, puckloo39 said:

I have seen Zadina play with the Griffs.. he was electric... so yes, happy birthday to him and his dimples - the Wings are turkeys right now, and I would love nothing more than to see a little Fabbri Effect tonight, spark a win.

ELECTRIC DUMPLES HYPE!

Win it for looooooooooo! :D

3 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

I got excited for a nanosecond, until I saw who had the puck on the breakaway....

Such is life. :whatsthat:

End of 1st. No score.

Kind of even period, I guess. A bunch of odd-man rushes for Carolina, but we had some good chances of our own.