• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

LGW Upkeep

Rate this topic

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

Any chance we could promote Mabus and 2 others with webpage knowhow to site supervisors and make CRL, KRSmith, and Kipwinger mods?  This webpage needs help in a bad way.  The Red Wings are crappy, but that doesnt mean LGW needs to be a mess too.

I'll help too of needed.

26 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Any chance we could promote Mabus and 2 others with webpage knowhow to site supervisors and make CRL, KRSmith, and Kipwinger mods?  This webpage needs help in a bad way.  The Red Wings are crappy, but that doesnt mean LGW needs to be a mess too.

> Implying I will do janitorial work for free

gtfo

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yup!  Are you capable od site maintenance?

Depends on what that entails. If it's just having the ability to remove spam threads when I see them, sure. I spend enough time here that any Korean attack would quickly be crushed under my steel toe jackboot.

Then I'd move on to permabanning anyone without a DBZ avatar.

22 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Depends on what that entails. If it's just having the ability to remove spam threads when I see them, sure. I spend enough time here that any Korean attack would quickly be crushed under my steel toe jackboot.

If there's anyone who's here enough and deserving of holy mod powers it's probably you.

I'm here enough but I can't be trusted with power in any form. Gimme 3 beers and I'll be issuing 7 days suspensions for no other reason than abusing power is fun.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If there's anyone who's here enough and deserving of holy mod powers it's probably you.

I'm here enough but I can't be trusted with power in any form. Gimme 3 beers and I'll be issuing 7 days suspensions for no other reason than abusing power is fun.

I think everyone here should be given holy mod powers. I crave chaos.

58 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Spam removal is 90 percent of the battle.

3 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Happy to help in any way as well. Do we know the causes of the outages?

Cool.

18 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Developers aren't free. We're actually very expensive.   

55 minutes ago, Rivalred said:

Some speak of spam, yet the quality of posts and information on the site went south a long time ago. This in fact is a reason many old seasoned members do not post or we have lost mods. 

Some members in this thread post a lot of spam.... 

Some say its spam, But it's not, but it is.

Pick one

I don't think we have a spam problem at all, unless you're counting the Koreans and the Russians. I think we have a serious problem with the team being absolute suck. Posting is even slow on the Wings HFBoards these days. The diehard Wings fanbase is smaller than most people realize I think. Most stop watching or watch something else when the team is this bad.

In regards to LGW specifically, I'm at a loss at what to do. People like myself, Dabura, Krsmith, and 91ryans, are in here daily trying to maintain this place. I'm inclined to say be the change you want to see in this instance. If you find any of our personalities abrasive, I'm inclined to say beggars can't be choosers if you don't wanna participate yourself....

IDK. I'm sure it comes off dickish but I truly mean to be honest. Team needs to better for folks to have interest. In the meantime we can take solace in the fact that we were here in the bad times. True fans through good and bad.

HF, Reddit and twitter all pull views away from this site. Doesn't help that the site has been down randomly so much this year. If I remember right, it wasn't working game one. That's an issue. 

No doubt this forum needs some helping hands.

New background without Tatar would be nice as well...

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Some say its spam, But it's not, but it is.

Pick one

I don't think we have a spam problem at all, unless you're counting the Koreans and the Russians. I think we have a serious problem with the team being absolute suck. Posting is even slow on the Wings HFBoards these days. The diehard Wings fanbase is smaller than most people realize I think. Most stop watching or watch something else when the team is this bad.

In regards to LGW specifically, I'm at a loss at what to do. People like myself, Dabura, Krsmith, and 91ryans, are in here daily trying to maintain this place. I'm inclined to say be the change you want to see in this instance. If you find any of our personalities abrasive, I'm inclined to say beggars can't be choosers if you don't wanna participate yourself....

IDK. I'm sure it comes off dickish but I truly mean to be honest. Team needs to better for folks to have interest. In the meantime we can take solace in the fact that we were here in the bad times. True fans through good and bad.

I'm constantly here despite not posting a whole lot.