• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

LGW Upkeep

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Some say its spam, But it's not, but it is.

Pick one

I don't think we have a spam problem at all, unless you're counting the Koreans and the Russians. I think we have a serious problem with the team being absolute suck. Posting is even slow on the Wings HFBoards these days. The diehard Wings fanbase is smaller than most people realize I think. Most stop watching or watch something else when the team is this bad.

In regards to LGW specifically, I'm at a loss at what to do. People like myself, Dabura, Krsmith, and 91ryans, are in here daily trying to maintain this place. I'm inclined to say be the change you want to see in this instance. If you find any of our personalities abrasive, I'm inclined to say beggars can't be choosers if you don't wanna participate yourself....

IDK. I'm sure it comes off dickish but I truly mean to be honest. Team needs to better for folks to have interest. In the meantime we can take solace in the fact that we were here in the bad times. True fans through good and bad.

Leftwinger: Am i a joke to you?

12 hours ago, xault said:

HF, Reddit and twitter all pull views away from this site. Doesn't help that the site has been down randomly so much this year. If I remember right, it wasn't working game one. That's an issue. 

No doubt this forum needs some helping hands.

New background without Tatar would be nice as well...

r/hockey really took off the last 5 years. Betcha they stole a whole lot of eyes.

Going down for a week every other month will eventually kill this place if it continues. Agreed that is a big problem.

8 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I'm constantly here despite not posting a whole lot. 

Oh I know you are. ******* newfies invading this board...

I just have to say that it would really blow if lgw would die.
I get that this forum have seen greater days in regards of number of active users and traffic but I really enjoy the stuff from you guys that are still here.

Lurked here a couple of years before joining and this is the best place to discuss/s***post about red wings hockey I have found online. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

17 hours ago, Rivalred said:

Some speak of spam, yet the quality of posts and information on the site went south a long time ago. This in fact is a reason many old seasoned members do not post or we have lost mods. 

Some members in this thread post a lot of spam.... 

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Some say its spam, But it's not, but it is.

Pick one

I don't think we have a spam problem at all, unless you're counting the Koreans and the Russians. I think we have a serious problem with the team being absolute suck. Posting is even slow on the Wings HFBoards these days. The diehard Wings fanbase is smaller than most people realize I think. Most stop watching or watch something else when the team is this bad.

In regards to LGW specifically, I'm at a loss at what to do. People like myself, Dabura, Krsmith, and 91ryans, are in here daily trying to maintain this place. I'm inclined to say be the change you want to see in this instance. If you find any of our personalities abrasive, I'm inclined to say beggars can't be choosers if you don't wanna participate yourself....

IDK. I'm sure it comes off dickish but I truly mean to be honest. Team needs to better for folks to have interest. In the meantime we can take solace in the fact that we were here in the bad times. True fans through good and bad.

Admittedly, not all of my posts are winners. Most probably aren't. I definitely do the low-energy s***posting thing. And maybe that's something I should change, for the betterment of the community. Because it's probably fair to say we've got a bit of a chicken-egg thing going on, where, yeah, maybe the tongue-in-cheek banter is a consequence of there not being many people here...and/or maybe it's *part of the reason why we don't have many people here in the first place*.

Ultimately, though, I do think it mostly comes down to the Wings sucking. Look at the Blackhawks. No one gave a s*** about them for a long time. Why? Because they were the model of futility. But then they got some great young talent and they started winning and all of a sudden people cared.

Am I accusing Wings fans of being fairweather fans? I mean, sure, I guess. I'm not even saying it disparagingly. Most fans have limited time on their hands. If the team is garbage and it looks like management and ownership aren't in a huge rush to change things, why should fans -- people with limited time on their hands -- post obsessively about the team on an internet forum every day? The current regulars -- myself included -- are outliers, not the norm.

I don't want to be defensive about any of this, mostly because I don't feel there's anything I need to be defensive about. But, in my defense (if a defense is called for), I'm doing what I can to get people talking. If people want to talk in decidedly non-spammy ways, there are GDTs, there's a thread devoted to discussing Wings prospects, there's a thread devoted to discussing the 2020 draft, there are multiple threads devoted to discussing the rebuild, there are some threads I've been wanting to make for a while now but haven't because I'm kind of waiting for some other people to organically start those discussions.

I don't want this to become The Dabura Place. At the risk of coming off as really self-centered, I'll say that there are days where I fear people see this as The Dabura Place, like I'm some egotistical dingus who's just decided to take over these boards and circle jerk with The Boyz. That's really not the case. I don't have very many interesting things to say, but my hope is that if I'm always giving people reasons to post stuff here (that's what I'm trying to do), good things will happen. It's entirely possible that my efforts are misguided. It's entirely possible that my efforts aren't necessarily misguided but my approach misses the mark. I'm open to suggestions. Though, I agree with CRL that "Be the change you want to see" is probably the best attitude right now for each and every one of us.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall...

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I don't want this to become The Dabura Place. At the risk of coming off as really self-centered, I'll say that there are days where I fear people see this as The Dabura Place, like I'm some egotistical dingus who's just decided to take over these boards and circle jerk with The Boyz. That's really not the case. I don't have very many interesting things to say, but my hope is that if I'm always giving people reasons to post stuff here (that's what I'm trying to do), good things will happen. It's entirely possible that my efforts are misguided. It's entirely possible that my efforts aren't necessarily misguided but my approach misses the mark. I'm open to suggestions. Though, I agree with CRL that "Be the change you want to see" is probably the best attitude right now for each and every one of us.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall...

I absolutely intend to annoy and drive everyone off this board so I can laugh manically in the lonely vacuum I have created.

Good luck all.

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I get that this forum have seen greater days in regards of number of active users and traffic but I really enjoy the stuff from you guys that are still here.

Lurked here a couple of years before joining and this is the best place to discuss/s***post about red wings hockey I have found online. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dont lie. No one enjoys the crap we spew. We dont even enjoy it. 

20 hours ago, Rivalred said:

Some speak of spam, yet the quality of posts and information on the site went south a long time ago. This in fact is a reason many old seasoned members do not post or we have lost mods. 

Some members in this thread post a lot of spam.... 

Like rivalred for instance 

14 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I'm constantly here despite not posting a whole lot. 

No one cares karen

I think the last few seasons have proven to me that a lot of Wings fans were, in fact, fairweather fans. The number of hardcore fans turned out to be far less than I thought. Many of whom used to post in here. I think many will come back when the team is good again, but will they be welcomed?

15 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I think the last few seasons have proven to me that a lot of Wings fans were, in fact, fairweather fans. The number of hardcore fans turned out to be far less than I thought. Many of whom used to post in here. I think many will come back when the team is good again, but will they be welcomed?

Of course they will.

I support your right to call them fair weather fans, but we should welcome new believers across the board.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Why arent we seeing any response from Matt?  This is strange.

It really would be nice to get some more official insight on what’s going on and where things could go. I’d love to start Photoshopping something other than Svech Lives if it’d help. Also work in digital marketing/e-commerce and have built sites and done replatforming and the like. I’m sure many here have skills they could bring to the table, aside from our never-ending onslaught of s*** talking. 

F0372509-7C43-4607-B849-D4C22F659057.jpeg

8 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Seriously. I’ve been posting here basically my entire adult life. Living outside Detroit, it’s become my main connection to other Red Wings fans. Feels weird watching all the games when this place is down. HF boards is not the same.

Edited by gcom007

The Red Wings being trash is a big reason for low activity without question maybe the biggest reason by a bit.

But...

I can tell you this. When the forums were down for game one and many days after I thought that was the end of LGW. It happen during the summer a few times as well, but I tossed it up to just it being summer. But it has happen quite a bit since game one.

I find it odd... in this day and age, we have no contact from the person/people that run this forum. With tools like discord, facebook and twitter really no reason for it. We rarely get a reason for anything anymore, if ever.

I honestly expect for one day this forum too just disappear without notice. Which kind of sucks to think about.

I’m around just not posting much.   I have been really busy playing shows this year, more than ever, so my free time has been occupied.  Still lurking to keep up though, since I live in PA and not many local wings fans other than me.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

r/hockey really took off the last 5 years. Betcha they stole a whole lot of eyes.

Going down for a week every other month will eventually kill this place if it continues. Agreed that is a big problem.

Oh I know you are. ******* newfies invading this board...

Not a Newfie, I just live here. I'm the rare dude from Toronto who was smart enough to not cheer for the Leafs.

14 hours ago, gcom007 said:

It really would be nice to get some more official insight on what’s going on and where things could go. I’d love to start Photoshopping something other than Svech Lives if it’d help. Also work in digital marketing/e-commerce and have built sites and done replatforming and the like. I’m sure many here have skills they could bring to the table, aside from our never-ending onslaught of s*** talking. 

Seriously. I’ve been posting here basically my entire adult life. Living outside Detroit, it’s become my main connection to other Red Wings fans. Feels weird watching all the games when this place is down. HF boards is not the same.

If this site continues to bungle, I will help you with the creation and upkeep of a sister site. Next time it's down, email me - scottlucidi@gmail.com.  This site has brought me a lot of entertainment, so I will never fully abandon it.  But I'd like our back up plan to feel like home, too.  HOF Boards site feels like a hotel.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Of course they will.

I support your right to call them fair weather fans, but we should welcome new believers across the board.

They cant be "new" believers if they left when things were going bad. They'd be jumping back on the bandwagon. 

17 hours ago, xault said:

The Red Wings being trash is a big reason for low activity without question maybe the biggest reason by a bit.

But...

I can tell you this. When the forums were down for game one and many days after I thought that was the end of LGW. It happen during the summer a few times as well, but I tossed it up to just it being summer. But it has happen quite a bit since game one.

I find it odd... in this day and age, we have no contact from the person/people that run this forum. With tools like discord, facebook and twitter really no reason for it. We rarely get a reason for anything anymore, if ever.

I honestly expect for one day this forum too just disappear without notice. Which kind of sucks to think about.

That's what happened to dropyourgloves and the hockeyfights site.  Libraries of hockey film gone in an instant.

16 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This was a work of art. Well done.

Off topic...does anyone else see a left areola?

This is the one I did after the thread. I hacked it together quickly on my iPad for the thread originally. Did a cleaner job with more details second go-round. Was a solid idea. 

On 11/29/2019 at 1:15 AM, gcom007 said:

Would you be up for doing a piece like that Svech one (which is glorious, btw) a few times a week? I mean the GDTs, specifically. I've been thinking about putting a little more creative energy into them, sprucing them up, getting people to flex their artistic muscles, giving people more reasons to browse and participate.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Would you be up for doing a piece like that Svech one (which is glorious, btw) a few times a week? I mean the GDTs, specifically. I've been thinking about putting a little more creative energy into them, sprucing them up, getting people to flex their artistic muscles, giving people more reasons to browse and participate.

How about CRLs MS paint skills?