• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

11/29 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ GDT - Red Wings @ Flyers - 4:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

At this point, try AA at center again, try Bert - Larkin - Zadina and Perlini - AA - Fabbri as our top 6. 

Exactly! Those 6 should be our top 6. When you've score 1 goal in 9+ periods, you should be putting all of your eggs in one (or two) basket(s)...

Can't we just send Blash to Disney World for a couple weeks? Let him check out the new Star Wars set up, see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. He can take ironic pics next to Voldemort, and he can get himself some quality mouse ears. Let Bylsma run it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. 

Seriously, Blashill just needs to go for the sake and sanity of the fans. It's just not working.

5 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Can't we just send Blash to Disney World for a couple weeks? Let him check out the new Star Wars set up, see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. He can take ironic pics next to Voldemort, and he can get himself some quality mouse ears. Let Bylsma run it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. 

Seriously, Blashill just needs to go for the sake and sanity of the fans. It's just not working.

Is the Food & Wine thing happening at Epcot? He could get some fun pics doing a World Showcase alcoholic run.

3 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Meanwhile MacKinnon just got his 39th point... in 24 games. Good for them and their draft lottery luck. 

And Cale Makar is looking like the second coming of Erik Karlsson.

I hate that the Avs are as good as they are. It kills me.

Edited by Dabura

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Srsly tho. I'm now 97% convinced that 75% of this team's problems = coaching. This is unreal. This is absolutely, positively unreal.

you know we're on the same page with this... and name someone Captain.  The plan to let that leadership position wander around is not a good one.

1 minute ago, Yzerman19 said:

it has been for 3 years

I mean, at least he was getting points out of the young guys. But literally no one is scoring now. Larkin is a ghost. This is baaaaaaaaad.

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

you know we're on the same page with this... and name someone Captain.  The plan to let that leadership position wander around is not a good one.

I was ok with not naming a captain, because putting that on Larkin while knowing the team is built to suck...that would be borderline abuse. But maybe you're right. :mellow:

I like Biega over Bowey in a big way. A lot of Vancouver fans were pretty fired up on other boards when they dealt him, they loved him as a 7th D.

When Bowey came over, Caps fans were pretty much like "Good riddance turnover machine"

This has been my opinion on both also, I think Biega plays hard, and fights for the puck, makes it tough on the other players each shift. What he lacks in skill he makes up for in effort.

Bowey turns it over way too much and has poor hockey sense on the ice. What he lacks in skill he tries to make up for with skill he doesn't have, and the result is miserable. I'd be content not seeing him dress for another game and trying Biega for a solid 20+ games and see how it goes.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I mean, at least he was getting points out of the young guys. But literally no one is scoring now. Larkin is a ghost. This is baaaaaaaaad.

I was ok with not naming a captain, because putting that on Larkin while knowing the team is built to suck...that would be borderline abuse. But maybe you're right. :mellow:

I am probably wrong -- however, I think not giving people responsibility is often the way to have them become depressed and hopeless, when things are not going well.  Some players rise to the occasion.  However, that said -- it might be too late this year.... or too late for Larkin, period.  We may have missed the window with him.