• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

11/29 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ GDT - Red Wings @ Flyers - 4:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

And fix the training staff also.... come on.... ericsson 5 five games and injured again. Nemeth out for the 3rd time this season!!! I mean.... do we need to rush them back so they get injured right away?

Such poor decisions in this team

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

If a coaching change isn't in the cards, the focus should be getting a juicy 1st. I'm about as done with AA as I am with Blashill.

We're not picking 1st...We're still licking the sweat from the nutsack of the 'Hockey Gods'...Expect to drop back a few spots no matter where we finish.

3 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

I am probably wrong -- however, I think not giving people responsibility is often the way to have them become depressed and hopeless, when things are not going well.  Some players rise to the occasion.  However, that said -- it might be too late this year.... or too late for Larkin, period.  We may have missed the window with him.

I've not once felt Larkin was a legit 80 plus pts player...A solid 70 to 75 pts - yeah, but right now he's on pace for 50...If he's lucky.

what is the point of scratching hirose if not to bring some more ppl up? he is juggling to much with the roster... not letting ppl take their marks. especially as we have long term injuries... we could let them play more

2 minutes ago, Yzerman19 said:

And fix the training staff also.... come on.... ericsson 5 five games and injured again. Nemeth out for the 3rd time this season!!! I mean.... do we need to rush them back so they get injured right away?

Such poor decisions in this team

Training staff has no control over aging, and injury prone vets.

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

We're not picking 1st...We're still licking the sweat from the nutsack of the 'Hockey Gods'...Expect to drop back a few spots no matter where we finish.

I don't buy into the "the hockey gods hate us" stuff. But, just to be clear, I meant we should be looking to get another 1st-round pick.

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I've not once felt Larkin was a legit 80 plus pts player...A solid 70 to 75 pts - yeah, but right now he's on pace for 50...If he's lucky.

I've felt he's a legit 80(+) guy -- if a few things go right. He's still pretty young. He's been playing on teams that can't score. There's no scoring depth and teams are realizing that, which means he's getting aggressively targeted in matchups.

Getting a guy like Quinton Byfield, who would likely become our 1C within the next three years, would help Larkin's cause and the Wings' cause quite a bit. Putting Larkin with Lafreniere would also help.

Team's just got nothing going on right now aside from a few good players.

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Honestly...Is there anyone on this roster that is not for sale?

Carley Johnston.

Edited by Dabura

Just now, Dabura said:

I've felt he's a legit 80(+) guy -- if a few things go right. He's still pretty young. He's been playing on teams that can't score. There's no scoring depth and teams are realizing that, which means he's getting aggressively targeted in matchups.

Getting a guy like Quinton Byfield, who would likely become our 1C within the next three years, would help Larkin's cause and the Wings' cause quite a bit. Putting Larkin with Lafreniere would also help.

Team's just got nothing else going on right now aside from a few good players.

We ain't getting that French Canuck kid...$5 says Chicago, or Minnesota, or Columbus will screw us while we drop to 3rd...I've said it before - Larkin would dmake an excellent 2nd line center on 20 sumthin teams.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

We ain't getting that French Canuck kid...$5 says Chicago, or Minnesota, or Columbus will screw us while we drop to 3rd...I've said it before - Larkin would dmake an excellent 2nd line center on 20 sumthin teams.

OK, then we're not getting Lafreniere, who's likely going 1st overall. That still leaves -- for starters -- Byfield.

Got a cold coming on and run down so I watched this from bed. Fell asleep towards end of first. Woke up and wow, another disastrous loss. Don’t even know what to say. Was it at least a better game or is Bert and the heads talking s***?

7 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Curious to see if we break the club losing streak record of 14 games - only 6 to go!

I'm certain this club will break records - in  bad way...Icing on the top will be the lotto draft where as always we drop back a few spots.

Ugh...At this pace expect a few more years of this...

2 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Got a cold coming on and run down so I watched this from bed. Fell asleep towards end of first. Woke up and wow, another disastrous loss. Don’t even know what to say. Was it at least a better game or is Bert and the heads talking s***?

Nope - just another 3 Stooges re-run.

1 hour ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I like Biega over Bowey in a big way. A lot of Vancouver fans were pretty fired up on other boards when they dealt him, they loved him as a 7th D.

When Bowey came over, Caps fans were pretty much like "Good riddance turnover machine"

This has been my opinion on both also, I think Biega plays hard, and fights for the puck, makes it tough on the other players each shift. What he lacks in skill he makes up for in effort.

Bowey turns it over way too much and has poor hockey sense on the ice. What he lacks in skill he tries to make up for with skill he doesn't have, and the result is miserable. I'd be content not seeing him dress for another game and trying Biega for a solid 20+ games and see how it goes.

I'm a big Biega fan.

He's not slow, he works hard, and has some sandpaper. It's amazing that that's all you need as a Dman to impress me these days, but it is what it is.

How I'd honestly rank the D:

1. Hronek
2. Dekeyser
3. Nemeth
4. Green
5. Biega
6. McIlrath
7. Daley
8. Cholowski
9. Bowey
10. Ericsson
11. Hicketts

Hronek is as always the only thing to write home about. DK and Nemeth can at least keep their heads above water against the competitions better lines. Green is quickly losing all trade value. Biega and McIIrath DO THEIR JOBS. They don't have a lot to contribute but they get in and out without totally humiliating themselves. Daley is Daley, old and broken but serviceable if heallthy. Cholowski and Bowey suck. Both should be in the AHL. Ericsson is a pylon. Hicketts is not skilled enough to be an NHL small-man.

EDIT: Yes I honestly believe we obtained our 5th best dman for one David Pope. It's sickening how bad this team is.

Dekeyser - Hronek
Nemeth - Green
Biega - McIlrath
Daley

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

If a coaching change isn't in the cards, the focus should be getting a juicy 1st. I'm about as done with AA as I am with Blashill.

I really truly believe that Blash is to the point of throwing s**t against the wall to see what sticks. I really do. He's desperate. He doesn't have any ideas left and the team knows it. That's what I'm seeing. You can't keep a coach around at that point.

At this point, I would rather they just make Carley Johnston the Head Coach. You don't even have to film the game. Just keep the camera aimed at the bench the whole time. People would rather watch that.

Let it rain likes.

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I really truly believe that Blash is to the point of throwing s**t against the wall to see what sticks. I really do. He's desperate. He doesn't have any ideas left and the team knows it. That's what I'm seeing. You can't keep a coach around at that point.

At this point, I would rather they just make Carley Johnston the Head Coach. You don't even have to film the game. Just keep the camera aimed at the bench the whole time. People would rather watch that.

Let it rain likes.

DO IT