• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/30 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) GDT - Capitals @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM ET (NHLN)

Rate this topic

Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

Off topic, The Mandalorian is pretty good huh?

Yes and no

It's better than what we're used to at the moment I think

First episode: "You can get there unless you learn to ride this dinosaur" Gets there on dinosaur. Droid waltzes right up with no dinosaur. WTF man? I hate the obvious plot holes.

Last episode: The butch female merc seemed super forced. Like all of that could've happened without her, it didn't add anything to the story, and now as quickly as we met her she's gone again. And in general the episode ends with no progress being made. Baby yoda and new boba are in the same spot as when we started the episode, and we've learned nothing new about them as characters. Is every episode just gonna be miscellaneous side quests like this??

In general I think Disney has struggled with character development and keeping a unified plot-line through all the starwars they've touched. But so far this one has been better...

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yes and no

It's better than what we're used to at the moment I think

First episode: "You can get there unless you learn to ride this dinosaur" Gets there on dinosaur. Droid waltzes right up with no dinosaur. WTF man? I hate the obvious plot holes.

Last episode: The butch female merc seemed super forced. Like all of that could've happened without her, it didn't add anything to the story, and now as quickly as we met her she's gone again. And in general the episode ends with no progress being made. Baby yoda and new boba are in the same spot as when we started the episode, and we've learned nothing new about them as characters. Is every episode just gonna be miscellaneous side quests like this??

In general I think Disney has struggled with character development and keeping a unified plot-line through all the starwars they've touched. But so far this one has been better...

That bothered me about the first chapter as well.  A digression like that should either provide a future utility or an opportunity for exposition, but not only did it avoid both, the conditional setup was abandoned too!  I don’t even remember, did he ride the dinosaur out as well?

2 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

That bothered me about the first chapter as well.  A digression like that should either provide a future utility or an opportunity for exposition, but not only did it avoid both, the conditional setup was abandoned too!  I don’t even remember, did he ride the dinosaur out as well?

He did.

Really feels like Disney is just trying to sell toys with some of these half-assed sub plots. Like now they can sell new boba on a dinosaur action figures for $50, instead of just a Boba for $25.

2 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm getting a gut feeling this might be the one for Blash and we might have a new coach Monday. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he does get fired at some point this season. I don't think any coach can really do much with what we have though. Until we shed the Kenny Holland era contracts (such as Abdelkader), all we can do is kick tires.