• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/30 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) GDT - Capitals @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM ET (NHLN)

Rate this topic

Under Jeff Blashill we have only been getting worse. I think it's time for a change.

We need someone who can coach these youngin's up. The talents there and we need them to start stepping up big time. That or finally get that #1 lottery pick and maybe get better then.

18 minutes ago, JasonNewEra said:

Under Jeff Blashill we have only been getting worse. I think it's time for a change.

We need someone who can coach these youngin's up. The talents there and we need them to start stepping up big time. That or finally get that #1 lottery pick and maybe get better then.

On the bright side ("bright side")...looks like we have 31st overall on lockdown. Doesn't guarantee us a lotto win, but it's something.

8 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Finishing 31st last year likely would have gotten us Bowen Byram.

Not sure if you mean that as a positive or a negative lol.

I should probably be saying this in the draft thread, but I'll just say it here: Colorado finished the 2016-17 season in last place, slid three spots in the lotto draw, and took Cale Makar 4th overall. "How's Makar doing?" you ask? Well, it took him a couple of seasons to get to the NHL, but he's finally arrived -- and I do mean *arrived*. Kid is currently looking like the no-brainer bet for the 2020 Calder Trophy.

• 8 goals and 26 points through 26 games played.
  • Skates better than everyone.
  • An unreal generator of offense.
  • Despite being a 21-year-old rookie defenseman who's about as smallish as our own Filip Hronek, he hasn't been called for a single penalty this season.

If this is the player Makar truly is, he's the new Erik Karlsson. It's too early to call anything, of course, but obviously the early returns at the NHL level are stratospheric. Joe Sakic looks like a genius. This is the same Joe Sakic who most of us viewed as a joke of a GM just a few years ago.

What's my point here? Well, as Mickey Redmond would say: "You never know. You just. Never. Know."

On that note, here's an interesting tidbit about last night's game:

https://wingsnation.com/2019/11/30/wings-postgame-winless-in-nine/

Patrik Nemeth quietly had a monster night. The Swedish D-man posted a 78.95 CF%. His partner Filip Hronek had a 74.29 CF%. Very strong numbers from the Red Wings top-pair.

If we're going to stay sane while the Wings are in flames, we've gotta find positives hidden in the negatives.

20 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Not sure if you mean that as a positive or a negative lol.

I should probably be saying this in the draft thread, but I'll just say it here: Colorado finished the 2016-17 season in last place, slid three spots in the lotto draw, and took Cale Makar 4th overall. "How's Makar doing?" you ask? Well, it took him a couple of seasons to get to the NHL, but he's finally arrived -- and I do mean *arrived*. Kid is currently looking like the no-brainer bet for the 2020 Calder Trophy.

• 8 goals and 26 points through 26 games played.
  • Skates better than everyone.
  • An unreal generator of offense.
  • Despite being a 21-year-old rookie defenseman who's about as smallish as our own Filip Hronek, he hasn't been called for a single penalty this season.

If this is the player Makar truly is, he's the new Erik Karlsson. It's too early to call anything, of course, but obviously the early returns at the NHL level are stratospheric. Joe Sakic looks like a genius. This is the same Joe Sakic who most of us viewed as a joke of a GM just a few years ago.

What's my point here? Well, as Mickey Redmond would say: "You never know. You just. Never. Know."

On that note, here's an interesting tidbit about last night's game:

https://wingsnation.com/2019/11/30/wings-postgame-winless-in-nine/

If we're going to stay sane while the Wings are in flames, we've gotta find positives hidden in the negatives.

I don't think that drafting an elite player at 4th overall makes you a genius. A monkey can do that. Sack-itch still sucks.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't think that drafting an elite player at 4th overall makes you a genius. A monkey can do that. Sack-itch still sucks.

Show of hands: How many of us here thought Makar was the best player in that draft?

Or even the 4th best?

23 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Show of hands: How many of us here thought Makar was the best player in that draft?

Or even the 4th best?

I tend to lean towards Dmen who actually play D like Heiskanen

But I remember watching the Avs playoffs last year when Makar joined the squad and I remember immediately thinking HOLY s*** THIS KID IS GOOD AF. He's one of those players that's compelling to watch even when he's doing simple things. Oozes talent.

Girard is REALLY good too

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I tend to lean towards Dmen who actually play D like Heiskanen

But I remember watching the Avs playoffs last year when Makar joined the squad and I remember immediately thinking HOLY s*** THIS KID IS GOOD AF. He's one of those players that's compelling to watch even when he's doing simple things. Oozes talent.

Girard is REALLY good too

Sure. Heiskanen could easily end up being the better defenseman. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that hockey is stupid and life is weird.

Edited by Dabura

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Sure. Heiskanen could easily end up being the better defenseman. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that hockey is stupid and life is weird.

Didn't mean it as a jab at Makar, I just prefer Heiskanen and Seider types if I was building out a team.