• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Wings trade with Coyotes for G Eric Comrie, trade D Vili Saarijarvi

Rate this topic

Hasek is not available.  He is literaly the only goalie I have ever seen who could consistently win hopeless games, in spite of the team in front of him, for a decade, in Buffalo.. 

This is an OK trade.  Change of scenery for both, and Howard is probably out for weeks/months if his injury history holds true. 

11 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Maybe this is for Howard’s ego. He has a career 4.21 GAA average. Now Howard doesn’t have the worst GAA on the team.

And please don’t let this be our December trade. 

It's not December yet, so... I expect a blockbuster by mid December...

17 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agreed. Wings could lose Comrie on waivers which means they traded Ville for nothing.

Oh I like the trade. I don't see Saarijarvi ever becoming anything. Sounds like Comrie will be our 2/3 goalie. Howard and Bernier are both becoming expendable quickly. I'm ready to go full Pickard/Comrie is we have to.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh I like the trade. I don't see Saarijarvi ever becoming anything. Sounds like Comrie will be our 2/3 goalie. Howard and Bernier are both becoming expendable quickly. I'm ready to go full Pickard/Comrie is we have to.

Saarijarvi is skilled, but never had what it was going to take to make the NHL. He's basically Adam Almqvist (lite)...

Comrie was once a very highly touted goalie prospect. He's still only 24 years old, so ya never know. I'd say the likelihood of him ever being anything more than a backup / depth goaltender is slim, but you can't lose a trade when you gave up nothing to get him.

Saarijarvi was basically the defense version of Pope...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Saarijarvi is skilled, but never had what it was going to take to make the NHL. He's basically Adam Almqvist (lite)...

Comrie was once a very highly touted goalie prospect. He's still only 24 years old, so ya never know. I'd say the likelihood of him ever being anything more than a backup / depth goaltender is slim, but you can't lose a trade when you gave up nothing to get him.

Saarijarvi was basically the defense version of Pope...

Right. I see a slightly greater chance that Comrie will make an impact as a 2/3 Goalie. I don't ever see Saarijarvi as being a top8 Dman.