• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Wings trade with Coyotes for G Eric Comrie, trade D Vili Saarijarvi

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Legace, and Cujo, and Osgood the first time, and Wregget, and Ranford, and Mrazek, and Howard, and Conklin, and MacDonald, and Gustavsson, and...

Yeah...While we've had some very good netminders (Ozzie/Hasek/Vernon) - many have been pretty average.

If we're not in the top 3 come June - that Russian kid might be the way to go.

Comrie didn't play in ARI because they have Kuemper and Raanta. He did well for their AHL club, I think 4-0. He's only got 5 prior games in the NHL with WPG on emergency call ups. Former second rounder..why not? Bernier and Howard have been abysmal..Howard is gone after this season 100%. May as well take a zero risk chance on Comrie, he could surprise people. 

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

The only way I consider Askarov, is if we acquire another 1st round pick and it ends up between 10-15. I doubt he'd even be available there, but that's the only way I'd take him.

The lowest we'll draft is 4th, and I'd personally rather take any of the forwards (Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Stutzle, Lundell), or even the defenseman (Drysdale) ahead of the goalie (Askarov)...

This

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

If you really thought Zadina was a bust, then you would never think he would be worth a 1st round pick.

It's not what I think, it's about perception... the wings have been doing a good job of inventing then talking up positives for a scorer, who doesn't score and who's lost in his own zone.  Packaged with what's likely to be a high 2nd rounder it may get you up to pick 8 or so.

14 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Comrie didn't play in ARI because they have Kuemper and Raanta. He did well for their AHL club, I think 4-0. He's only got 5 prior games in the NHL with WPG on emergency call ups. Former second rounder..why not? Bernier and Howard have been abysmal..Howard is gone after this season 100%. May as well take a zero risk chance on Comrie, he could surprise people. 

We'll see. Howard was really only abysmal for that 5-6 game stretch in November. Wouldn't surprise me for him to comeback from this injury and finish out a completely average Jimmy Howard season and get re-signed. We'll see I guess.

But I agree we should be trying things like Comrie. We don't look too good in the net department in the immediate future.

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We'll see. Howard was really only abysmal for that 5-6 game stretch in November. Wouldn't surprise me for him to comeback from this injury and finish out a completely average Jimmy Howard season and get re-signed. We'll see I guess.

But I agree we should be trying things like Comrie. We don't look too good in the net department in the immediate future.

I dunno about re-signing him. If he finishes decent, maybe. But not for $4 million.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I dunno about re-signing him. If he finishes decent, maybe. But not for $4 million.

I could see matching Bernier (3 mil) and giving him that for 1 more year.

Will depend what the goalie market looks like this summer. Their might be more and better teams than us going after Markstrom.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:16 PM, Dabura said:

@ely s is the guy to ask about Germanbro stuff.

I will say this tho: "Could be the next Marner" seems to be an unspoken theme with a number of this draft's top forwards.

Yesterday Mannheim played at league leading Munich (3-2 OT win) and he looked more like a Datsyuk type of a player. Sneaky, stealing/retrieving pucks all the time. Unfortunately we don´t have takeaway stats but it must have been at least five yesterday. He is extremly successfull along the boards in the neutral zone through his stickhandling and speed given his age and weight in a man´s league. That´s why he seems more of a passer, he is stealing pucks and creating brakeaway, 2on1 sitiuations that way. He is able to do everything at real high speed, very good anticipation offensively and defensively, playing the right way. Third most shots on the team, is playing pk and pp. #8 in scoring(25 GP, 5-18-23, 2nd on team) in at least 1:38 less ice time than the players ahead of him. The league leading scorer has got 30 points in as many games but with 4:38 more ice time per game.

you can only guess how good he will be, to me he looks like a well rounded player who plays like a vet out there, the right way, responsible, combined with excellent speed( first steps an topspeed) and skill. Whoever picks him will get a real good player.

14 minutes ago, ely s said:

Yesterday Mannheim played at league leading Munich (3-2 OT win) and he looked more like a Datsyuk type of a player. Sneaky, stealing/retrieving pucks all the time. Unfortunately we don´t have takeaway stats but it must have been at least five yesterday. He is extremly successfull along the boards in the neutral zone through his stickhandling and speed given his age and weight in a man´s league. That´s why he seems more of a passer, he is stealing pucks and creating brakeaway, 2on1 sitiuations that way. He is able to do everything at real high speed, very good anticipation offensively and defensively, playing the right way. Third most shots on the team, is playing pk and pp. #8 in scoring(25 GP, 5-18-23, 2nd on team) in at least 1:38 less ice time than the players ahead of him. The league leading scorer has got 30 points in as many games but with 4:38 more ice time per game.

you can only guess how good he will be, to me he looks like a well rounded player who plays like a vet out there, the right way, responsible, combined with excellent speed( first steps an topspeed) and skill. Whoever picks him will get a real good player.

Big thank you to you, the official LGW DEL scout

"With the 1st overall selection in the 2020 NHL entry draft, the Detroit Red Wings select... Timothy Stutlze"

MadWhisperedIberianmidwifetoad-size_rest

3 hours ago, ely s said:

And that, my friends, is why we pay ely s the big bucks. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Big thank you to you, the official LGW DEL scout

"With the 1st overall selection in the 2020 NHL entry draft, the Detroit Red Wings select... Timothy Stutlze"

MadWhisperedIberianmidwifetoad-size_rest

Stoooooooooooooooooots

On 12/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Legace, and Cujo, and Osgood the first time, and Wregget, and Ranford, and Mrazek, and Howard, and Conklin, and MacDonald, and Gustavsson, and...

Cujo was excellent in his two seasons in DET, the third was the lockout season. Playoff eliminations in the first and second rounds, but we ran into two hot underdog teams with goalies playing out of their minds that carried them (Giggy and Kipper) to the Finals and lost by one goal in Game 7's. Those exits weren't Cujo's fault, and '04 was a s***show with Hasek deciding to come out of retirement after one year and the Wings owning his rights, and Legace being one of the best backups in the league. Cujo was treated like s***. Put on the trade block, sent down to GR. Then Hasek had a season ender and it was damn good we had him.

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Cujo was excellent in his two seasons in DET, the third was the lockout season. Playoff eliminations in the first and second rounds, but we ran into two hot underdog teams with goalies playing out of their minds that carried them (Giggy and Kipper) to the Finals and lost by one goal in Game 7's. Those exits weren't Cujo's fault, and '04 was a s***show with Hasek deciding to come out of retirement after one year and the Wings owning his rights, and Legace being one of the best backups in the league. Cujo was treated like s***. Put on the trade block, sent down to GR. Then Hasek had a season ender and it was damn good we had him.

I always liked Cujo and used to get s*** for it. Dominator definitely f***ed up his stay here a bit.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

55 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Comrie right now: 2.71 GAA with 0.917%

Nagle: 2.23 GAA with 0.916%
Poulin: 2.22 GAA with 0.915%

Sure seems like we never needed this guy in the AHL

Yzerman is a genius. Comrie has only been slightly better over the extremely small sample size.

If we could get a slightly better, younger version of Matt Puempel for free, should we do it? Or nah? We don't need that, because we already have a Matt Puempel...

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yzerman is a genius. Comrie has only been slightly better over the extremely small sample size.

Comrie's arguably been worse, unless you honestly care about 0.01 - 0.02 sv%

32 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If we could get a slightly better, younger version of Matt Puempel for free, should we do it? Or nah? We don't need that, because we already have a Matt Puempel...

I'd rather have Tangradi

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Comrie's arguably been worse, unless you honestly care about 0.01 - 0.02 sv%

Exactly. He's been "slightly" better so far. GAA to goalies is as useless a stat as +/- is to players. It's a team stat. SV% is the much more telling stat.

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'd rather have Tangradi

Exactly. Wasn't it nice to get an Eric Tangradi back for free? Imagine if he was in his early 20's, Yzerman had the opportunity to pick him up for free, but passed because we already have Matt Puempel / Chris Terry...

27 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Exactly. He's been "slightly" better so far. GAA to goalies is as useless a stat as +/- is to players. It's a team stat. SV% is the much more telling stat.

Exactly. Wasn't it nice to get an Eric Tangradi back for free? Imagine if he was in his early 20's, Yzerman had the opportunity to pick him up for free, but passed because we already have Matt Puempel / Chris Terry...

Lol I set u up for that one.

Tangradi could hit by a car tomorrow and I would not care lmao

Damn Comrie with that 0.01% advantage, how could Yzerman have been so blind to such an upgrade?

50 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lol I set u up for that one.

Tangradi could hit by a car tomorrow and I would not care lmao

Damn Comrie with that 0.01% advantage, how could Yzerman have been so blind to such an upgrade?

Classy. You're missing the point though. If you can upgrade the organization, especially one that severely lacks depth at a particular position, you do it, no matter how big or small the upgrade might be. The Tangradi signing was a great move, just like a Comrie claim would have been in my opinion. You disagree. Whatever.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Classy. You're missing the point though. If you can upgrade the organization, especially one that severely lacks depth at a particular position, you do it, no matter how big or small the upgrade might be. The Tangradi signing was a great move, just like a Comrie claim would have been in my opinion. You disagree. Whatever.

"Muh 0.01% upgrade!"

44 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Small sample size. I'm sure Yzerman knew it would only be a 0.01% upgrade though...

In less exact terms, I'm sure that's exactly what happened.

"Nvm this kid isn't any better than what we already have" /waived

Keep digging that hole thou

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

58 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

In less exact terms, I'm sure that's exactly what happened.

"Nvm this kid isn't any better than what we already have" /waived

Keep digging that hole thou

Yeah, I'm digging a pretty big hole by suggesting we should have claimed a free asset to add to a depleted position in the organization...