• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Jeff Blashill History

Rate this topic

A liitle bit from Blashill's past:

Blashill was born in Southfield, Michigan and raised in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, where his father Jim was a professor at nearby Lake Superior State University. Jim had originally worked as a police officer in Detroit and served as a professor of criminal justice at LSSU for over 30 years.[citation needed] Jeff's brother, Tim Blashill, also played and coached college hockey. Tim currently coaches high school hockey in Big Rapids, Michigan, and also serves as program coordinator for Ferris State University's Ewigleben Arena.

do you think we are going to have to put up with Blashill for the entire season?  One would hope, if there is going to be a change, that it will happen before the TDL, so the new coach has input on players moving out and possibly moving in/up.

I SOOOOOOO wish that Larionov is going to be our next HC.  We need to get away from EVERYTHING Babcock related and Blashill is just Babcock Lite, just not as good at coaching. He treats certain players like s*** (ie AA) and uses the wrong players in the wrong places....disney.com and Helm have ZERO business in the top 9.

Edited by LeftWinger

45 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

do you think we are going to have to put up with Blashill for the entire season?  One would hope, if there is going to be a change, that it will happen before the TDL, so the new coach has input on players moving out and possibly moving in/up.

I SOOOOOOO wish that Larionov is going to be our next HC.  We need to get away from EVERYTHING Babcock related and Blashill is just Babcock Lite, just not as good at coaching. He treats certain players like s*** (ie AA) and uses the wrong players in the wrong places....disney.com and Helm have ZERO business in the top 9.

I don't see Blashill going anywhere this season. It also wouldn't shock me to see him get that extra year next season. I'm starting to lean in the direction of letting him go after this season though. I don't know much about Larionov as a coach, but I'd be open to the idea of him coming back in an assistant coaching role (at least to start). He's one of the smartest players I've seen play the game.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

If AA played defense or utilized his teammates instead of trying to do everything himself, he'd get more ice time. 

On a roster this bad, yes, you're gonna see guys like disney.com and Helm in the top 9. There isn't any more than four forwards on this team that are currently better than either one of them. 

58 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

If AA played defense or utilized his teammates instead of trying to do everything himself, he'd get more ice time. 

On a roster this bad, yes, you're gonna see guys like disney.com and Helm in the top 9. There isn't any more than four forwards on this team that are currently better than either one of them. 

We're bad. Really bad. However, I disagree that Helm and Glendening should be in the top six. Id put all of Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Athanasiou, Perlini, Zadina and Filppula ahead of them on the depth chart. I'd also put Hirose ahead of them despite being demoted to the AHL...

With everyone healthy, my ideal lineup would look something like this...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Filppula - Zadina
Hirose - Athanasiou - Perlini
Helm - Glendening - Abdelkader / Erne

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

We're bad. Really bad. However, I disagree that Helm and Glendening should be in the top six. Id put all of Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Athanasiou, Perlini, Zadina and Filppula ahead of them on the depth chart. I'd also put Hirose ahead of them despite being demoted to the AHL...

I didn't say they should be in the top 6. 

27 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There are (maybe) 10 teams in this league that would use Glendenning as 4th liner. 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

There are (maybe) 10 teams in this league that would use Glendenning as 4th liner. 

What? Glendening is a defensive stalwart with very little offensive awareness. He can win faceoffs, kill penalties and grind against other teams' top lines. Glendening is a prototypical 4th liner. Where do you think he should ideally be on this team / average team / top team?

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What? Glendening is a defensive stalwart with very little offensive awareness. He can win faceoffs, kill penalties and grind against other teams' top lines. Glendening is a prototypical 4th liner. Where do you think he should ideally be on this team / average team / top team?

This isn't pre-cap. Team's can't afford to stack three lines and roll out an elite checking line anymore. 

Guys like Glendenning will find themselves up the lineup all the time. Also, if he's playing against the other teams top lines, he isn't exactly getting forth line minutes now is he. 

On this team he should be no lower than 3rd line wing. Probably in place of one of the "i" brothers you slotted in on the wing. But then again, AA shouldn't be playing center. Come to think of it, outside of that top unit, your whole line-up is nuts. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Wait, what? 29 games played. 5 goals (6th on the team). 20 points (4th on the team). -33 (worst in the NHL). And still getting top 6 ice time among forwards. How is he being treated unfairly?

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

This isn't pre-cap. Team's can't afford to stack three lines and roll out an elite checking line anymore.

An elite checking line? I wouldn't even say Glendening is an "elite" checking line center (very good, yes, but not elite), let alone the two wingers... Teams can afford to have a $1.8M 4th line center. Build a core and fill the rest with cheap ELC's.

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Guys like Glendenning will find themselves up the lineup all the time. Also, if he's playing against the other teams top lines, he isn't exactly getting forth line minutes now is he. 

He wouldn't and shouldn't be playing against other team's top line every single shift... Throw that line out there after a power-play, when our top guys are tired, and the opposing team's top guys are hungry.

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

On this team he should be no lower than 3rd line wing.

Right now, you're probably right. With everyone healthy, I disagree.

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Probably in place of one of the "i" brothers you slotted in on the wing.

Who is that? Bertuzzi, Fabbri or Perlini? You really think Glendening is better suited in a scoring role than any of those three?

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

But then again, AA shouldn't be playing center. Come to think of it, outside of that top unit, your whole line-up is nuts. 

Yeah, because Athanasiou was so terrible at center last season wasn't he?

I'd love to see what your ideal lineup looks like...

16 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Wait, what? 29 games played. 5 goals (6th on the team). 20 points (4th on the team). -33 (worst in the NHL). And still getting top 6 ice time among forwards. How is he being treated unfairly?

I wouldn't say anyone on this team is being "mistreated", but there are definitely players being underutilized. I wouldn't lump Athanasiou in that category, but Perlini on the other hand...

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

disney.com would be an every day player on any team in this league. He is the ideal fourth line center. 

I agree. I could be wrong, but I took it as him saying that Glendening would be *better* than a 4th liner on all but (maybe) 10 teams in the league...

That, I disagree with...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

I agree. I could be wrong, but I took it as him saying that Glendening would be *better* than a 4th liner on all but (maybe) 10 teams in the league...

That, I disagree with...

He has literally been our fifith best forward this season. While not a top 6 type of player, I get why he's been getting top 6 minutes at points during these last few seasons. 

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

An elite checking line? I wouldn't even say Glendening is an "elite" checking line center (very good, yes, but not elite), let alone the two wingers... Teams can afford to have a $1.8M 4th line center. Build a core and fill the rest with cheap ELC's.

So pay your 4th line center 1.8M and fill your third line with cheap ELCs. Make sense. 

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He wouldn't and shouldn't be playing against other team's top line every single shift... Throw that line out there after a power-play, when our top guys are tired, and the opposing team's top guys are hungry.

You were the one that mentioned his usage against other teams top lines. You even said he could grind against them. I assumed you were being complementary. 

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Right now, you're probably right. With everyone healthy, I disagree.

I am right yes. Still right with everyone healthy

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Who is that? Bertuzzi, Fabbri or Perlini? You really think Glendening is better suited in a scoring role than any of those three?

Bertuzzi? You insult me. He's irreplaceable, and our best player. Also, scoring role? LOL Those two losers have two goals between them in 41 games. Glendenning has 4. 

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, because Athanasiou was so terrible at center last season wasn't he?

It's 10 degrees here today. I think I'll take my winter tires off and put my all seasons back on. 

AA's a bum. You're cherry picking your sample size. And you know it. 

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd love to see what your ideal lineup looks like...

It would look like total s***. Just like yours. 

12 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

He has literally been our fifith best forward this season. While not a top 6 type of player, I get why he's been getting top 6 minutes at points during these last few seasons. 

Based solely on points? Sure. He's also been put in a situation to succeed, playing with players that can gift him points. Remember that time Abdelkader scored 23 goals, 44 points, off the backs of Datsyuk and Zetterberg? Switch Perlini and Glendening for a dozen games, and I guarantee Perlini surpasses Glenny in points.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So pay your 4th line center 1.8M and fill your third line with cheap ELCs. Make sense. 

It sure does. It's literally what every team tries to do...

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You were the one that mentioned his usage against other teams top lines. You even said he could grind against them. I assumed you were being complementary. 

It was a compliment. You think because I have Glendening on the 4th line, I don't like him? I love Glenny. He's a great 4th line grinder...

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Also, scoring role? LOL Those two losers have two goals between them in 41 games. Glendenning has 4. 

What two "losers"? Fabbri has 6 goals in 14 games... Perlini has 0 goals in 17 games, playing with two boat anchors. Yes literal anchors...

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

AA's a bum. You're cherry picking your sample size. And you know it. 

How am I cherry picking a sample size? You said Athanasiou shouldn't play center. I point to the one stretch when he actually played center, and played quite well... We get it. You hate Athanasiou...

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It's 10 degrees here today. I think I'll take my winter tires off and put my all seasons back on. 

It's 10 degrees here today too. What's your point?

My ideal lineup going into next season (because there is literally no point for this season):

Fabbri - Filppula - Lafreniere
Hirose - Ras - Zadina
Perlini - Glendening - Abdelkader

Erne

Hronek - Dekeyser 
Krug - Seider 
Cholowski - Nemeth

Biega, McIlrath

Markstrom
Bernier

Departing:

Helm will be a deadline trade, Nielsen will be bought out, AA will be moved during summer.

Daley will be shown the door, Green moved at deadline for peanuts, lol @ Ericsson

It's been okay, Howard. 

Based solely on points? Sure. He's also been put in a situation to succeed, playing with players that can gift him points. Remember that time Abdelkader scored 23 goals, 44 points, off the backs of Datsyuk and Zetterberg? Switch Perlini and Glendening for a dozen games, and I guarantee Perlini surpasses Glenny in points

disney.com has always managed to put up a few points, no matter where he is in the lineup. Dude earns it. When Perlini earns it, he'll get his chance too. Look at the change we've seen in Mantha because he learned that he has to earn it. 

How am I cherry picking a sample size? You said Athanasiou shouldn't play center. I point to the one stretch when he actually played center, and played quite well... We get it. You hate Athanasiou...

@The 91 of Ryans We received an anonymous tip that you dislike a player of Indian heritage. We must therefore relieve of your duties on this board. We respect you as a poster, but we are disappointed by your actions in this circumstance.

Press conference in one hour

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Based solely on points? Sure. He's also been put in a situation to succeed, playing with players that can gift him points. Remember that time Abdelkader scored 23 goals, 44 points, off the backs of Datsyuk and Zetterberg? Switch Perlini and Glendening for a dozen games, and I guarantee Perlini surpasses Glenny in points.

It sure does. It's literally what every team tries to do...

It was a compliment. You think because I have Glendening on the 4th line, I don't like him? I love Glenny. He's a great 4th line grinder...

What two "losers"? Fabbri has 6 goals in 14 games... Perlini has 0 goals in 17 games, playing with two boat anchors. Yes literal anchors...

It's 10 degrees here today too. What's your point?

A couple things:

- I wasn't talking about Fabbri. He's been great. I was talking about Hirose and Perlini. Neither will be on this team next year.

- you're wrong

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

disney.com has always managed to put up a few points, no matter where he is in the lineup. Dude earns it. When Perlini earns it, he'll get his chance too. Look at the change we've seen in Mantha because he learned that he has to earn it. 

That's the difference though. A player like Glendening can produce (minimal offense) wherever he is in the lineup. It's just the style of game he plays. A player like Perlini needs to play with skilled players. He's a lost cause in a checking role. Switching Glendening and Perlini would benefit both players and the team.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

A couple things:

- I wasn't talking about Fabbri. He's been great. I was talking about Hirose and Perlini. Neither will be on this team next year.

- you're wrong

You said "probably in place of one of the "i" brothers you spotted on the wing"... To me, that would be Bertuzz"i", Fabbr"i", and Perlin"i". Why would anyone think you were talking about H"i"rose? What about Zad"i"na? Athanas"i"ou? Are they "i" brothers too?

I wouldn't be surprised if neither are on this team next year either, but I do think Perlini deserves a look with like-skilled players. I also think if given the opportunity, he would impress enough to earn a contract beyond this season. He probably won't get it though, so whatever...

What exactly is it that I'm "wrong" about? Glendening is a 4th line player, playing above his skill set. That, I'm right about. Perlini has some untapped potential, and could be a solid middle six winger. That's more of an opinion, but one I'll stand by until proven otherwise.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Abby is not a fair comparison. There are no Datsyuks or Zbergs on this team.

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's the difference though. A player like Glendening can produce (minimal offense) wherever he is in the lineup. It's just the style of game he plays. A player like Perlini needs to play with skilled players. He's a lost cause in a checking role. Switching Glendening and Perlini would benefit both players and the team.

You said "probably in place of one of the "i" brothers you spotted on the wing"... To me, that would be Bertuzz"i", Fabbr"i", and Perlin"i". Why would anyone think you were talking about H"i"rose? What about Zad"i"na? Athanas"i"ou? Are they "i" brothers too?

I wouldn't be surprised if neither are on this team next year either, but I do think Perlini deserves a look with like-skilled players. I also think if given the opportunity, he would impress enough to earn a contract beyond this season. He probably won't get it though, so whatever...

What exactly is it that I'm "wrong" about? Glendening is a 4th line player, playing above his skill set. That, I'm right about. Perlini has some untapped potential, and could be a solid middle six winger. That's more of an opinion, but one I'll stand by until proven otherwise.

Cleary was once in the same situation. He had to learn to be a middle 6/bottom 6 guy. Then he found his place. Perlini may have to be groomed to take on the same role.

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I dunno man, if a player can't manage anything in sheltered fourth line minutes, I'm not convinced they deserve to take someone else's spot. 

Sure it would be great for disney.com to be in the bottom 6 where he belongs. But he will get those minutes until someone takes them.

I bet Mantha or Bert would chip in on the fourth line.