• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Jeff Blashill History

Rate this topic

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Perlini has shown flashes with the puck, but his line rarely ever has the puck. He does forecheck hard for the most part. But that's about all he can do on a line that is literally the worst in the entire league. I brought up Zadina because fans would be pissed if he were given the same treatment as Perlini, not because I think the players are at all comparable. Like I said, Zadina is a MUCH better player than Perlini.

That's the thing though. He already has outplayed Adam f***ing Erne (among other players), but hasn't been rewarded for it.

I'm sure the injury *also* effected his play, but he *also* needed the minutes and linemates to start producing.

That's my whole point though... Fabbri didn't "work" for s***. He was given top six minutes and quality linemates the moment he put on the Red Wings jersey. Why wasn't Perlini afforded the same opportunity? If he were put in that sort of situation, I don't doubt for a second that he would have produced as well. The skill is there.

Fabbri was scoring as a top 6 forward before getting hurt, and was starting to get back into that groove just before the trade. Perlini hasn't scored above a third line level in his career at this point. Perlini topped out in his sophomore season. He doesn't have major knee injuries to blame. 

Fabbri couldn't work his way up the lineup in St. Louis because they have a cup winning roster. He still showed more on their fourth line than Perlini has shown on ours. 

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree that Perlini likely doesn't have a future in Detroit. I'm not advocating giving him an opportunity because I think he's this unreal player. I'm advocating giving him an opportunity so we can find out what we have in him. Right now, we have no idea.

Give him some quality line mates for a dozen games, up his trade value, and maybe we can trade him at the deadline for a team looking for scoring depth. Playing him every game with the worst players on the team isn't doing anyone (player or team) any favors.

Just like demoting players who DID earn their ice time wouldn't do them any favours. 

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Fabbri was scoring as a top 6 forward before getting hurt, and was starting to get back into that groove just before the trade. Perlini hasn't scored above a third line level in his career at this point. Perlini topped out in his sophomore season. He doesn't have major knee injuries to blame. 

Fabbri couldn't work his way up the lineup in St. Louis because they have a cup winning roster. He still showed more on their fourth line than Perlini has shown on ours. 

But he has scored at a 3rd line level. Correct? In my original lineup, I had him pegged as a 3rd line winger. Apparently that's blasphemy... The skill is there with Perlini. He is not a 4th line player on an average team, let alone the worst team in the entire league. It's dumb, and I can't believe you (and others) are actually arguing this...

We have two options. We can continue playing him on our 4th line with non NHL talent, and let him walk this offseason, losing out on him and Regula. OR we can put him on a line with actual NHL quality players, boost his stats, and trade him at the deadline...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

But he has scored at a 3rd line level. Correct? In my original lineup, I had him pegged as a 3rd line winger. Apparently that's blasphemy... The skill is there with Perlini. He is not a 4th line player on an average team, let alone the worst team in the entire league. It's dumb, and I can't believe you (and others) are actually arguing this...

We have two options. We can continue playing him on our 4th line with non NHL talent, and let him walk this offseason, losing out on him and Regula. OR we can put him on a line with actual NHL quality players, boost his stats, and trade him at the deadline...

...and the third line is where he started here. Guess what? He didn't do s***. There are 50 games left. At some point the onus is on him to earn ice time. The only thing I'm arguing is coddling players because of where they *should* be. 

Hell, in Chicago he couldn't crack the roster. Did Arizona and Chicago misuse him too? Perhaps he just isn't as good as you think he is. We need players that makes this team better. Not players who depend on others to do the work for them. This season is about developing the players with a future here. Not cutting their ice time to try and increase someone's trade value. 

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

...and the third line is where he started here. Guess what? He didn't do s***. There are 50 games left. At some point the onus is on him to earn ice time. The only thing I'm arguing is coddling players because of where they *should* be. 

Hell, in Chicago he couldn't crack the roster. Did Arizona and Chicago misuse him too? Perhaps he just isn't as good as you think he is. We need players that makes this team better. Not players who depend on others to do the work for them. This season is about developing the players with a future here. Not cutting their ice time to try and increase someone's trade value. 

starting to smell like Jurco all over again

11 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

He started on the 3rd line with 4th line caliber players (at best). He has yet to play a single game with a quality linemate. Do you think Erne is a better player than Perlini? He's not. But yet he's being "coddled" and playing above where he "should" be...

You're acting as if I'm suggesting something outlandish here. I'm not. I'm saying give him a few games with quality linemates to see what he can do. There's literally no downside in doing so.

Developing the players with a future here? And who is that exactly? We don't have more than 4 or 5 forwards on this team that should be here beyond the rebuild...

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

starting to smell like Jurco all over again

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, he has 50 games left to figure it out. I just don't buy placement in the lineup as an excuse to accomplish literally nothing. Sure you have s***tier linemates. But you also face the opposing team's s***tier players. Make something happen. 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He started on the 3rd line with 4th line caliber players (at best). He has yet to play a single game with a quality linemate. Do you think Erne is a better player than Perlini? He's not. But yet he's being "coddled" and playing above where he "should" be...

You're acting as if I'm suggesting something outlandish here. I'm not. I'm saying give him a few games with quality linemates to see what he can do. There's literally no downside in doing so.

Developing the players with a future here? And who is that exactly? We don't have more than 4 or 5 forwards on this team that should be here beyond the rebuild...

The current top 6 have been our 6 best forwards.It's just the way it goes man. Best performing players get the ice time. Nobody is saying what you're suggesting is outlandish. I'm just saying if he wants to move up, earn it. Bert did it. Mantha did it. Time for Perlini to put up or shut up.  

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

The current top 6 have been our 6 best forwards.It's just the way it goes man. Best performing players get the ice time. Nobody is saying what you're suggesting is outlandish. I'm just saying if he wants to move up, earn it. Bert did it. Mantha did it. Time for Perlini to put up or shut up.  

AGAIN, he has "earned it"... He has been better than Erne, as well as every other bottom six forward, but is still stuck with two of the team's (league's) worst linemates...

I asked CRL earlier, and I'll ask you now... Bertuzzi is our leading goal scorer this season with 25 points. How many points do you think he would score anchored to the likes of Nielsen, Ehn, Erne and Abdelkader all season? Never mind saying he'd play better and move up, because in Perlini's situation, he has played better and hasn't moved up. Assuming Bertuzzi is stapled to that line, how many points do you think he would put up?

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

AGAIN, he has "earned it"... He has been better than Erne, as well as every other bottom six forward, but is still stuck with two of the team's (league's) worst linemates...

I asked CRL earlier, and I'll ask you now... Bertuzzi is our leading goal scorer this season with 25 points. How many points do you think he would score anchored to the likes of Nielsen, Ehn, Erne and Abdelkader all season? Never mind saying he'd play better and move up, because in Perlini's situation, he has played better and hasn't moved up. Assuming Bertuzzi is stapled to that line, how many points do you think he would put up?

Answer: More than Perlini

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Bert does everything like a boss

I'm fully convinced he'd have a better SV% than Howard if he put the pads on. 

42 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Perhaps he just isn't as good as you think he is.

That's a very real possibility, and one that I would easily accept if he were given an opportunity. Until that happens, I'm going to assume the past three years weren't a complete fluke, and he's much better than he has been this season, playing with s*** for linemates.

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Answer: More than Perlini

Translation: significantly less than he has now....

Maybe 5 points?

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Perlini, age 23, if he just had decent linemates he would be awesome
Ehn, age 23, he will never amount to anything

Goals:

Perlini = 0
Ehn = 1

If Ehn just had decent linemates I think he could be an amazing player

Notice the one goal from Ehn came when he was actually out there playing with a great player: Zadina

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree that Perlini likely doesn't have a future in Detroit. I'm not advocating giving him an opportunity because I think he's this unreal player. I'm advocating giving him an opportunity so we can find out what we have in him. Right now, we have no idea.

Give him some quality line mates for a dozen games, up his trade value, and maybe we can trade him at the deadline for a team looking for scoring depth. Playing him every game with the worst players on the team isn't doing anyone (player or team) any favors.

Id have no problem bumping him up but i wouldnt be expecting perlini to be in demand from teams asking for scoring depth lol , i think at this point we have to accept this trade is a bust so far ao good for fabbri and id suspect we’d hang on to him till next season at least but if the kid keeps going and has say 25 pts in 30 games come deadline( havent checked his stats so im just shooting numbers) id suspect we’d be able to pull a late 2nd or a 3rd if we wanted to 

again , no problem bumping him up but im not expecting him to start torching it up at any point , id be more concerned with boosting AA’s numbers as hed fetch us the best return

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Id have no problem bumping him up but i wouldnt be expecting perlini to be in demand from teams asking for scoring depth lol , i think at this point we have to accept this trade is a bust so far ao good for fabbri and id suspect we’d hang on to him till next season at least but if the kid keeps going and has say 25 pts in 30 games come deadline( havent checked his stats so im just shooting numbers) id suspect we’d be able to pull a late 2nd or a 3rd if we wanted to 

again , no problem bumping him up but im not expecting him to start torching it up at any point , id be more concerned with boosting AA’s numbers as hed fetch us the best return

If Perlini started producing he probably could fetch a return at the deadline. Probably not much though. There's no way we should be shopping Fabbri at the deadline, unless a team is willing to overpay with a 1st round pick. A 23 year old that has been one of our better players this season. Keep him around as part of the core. I agree on trying to boost Athanasiou's numbers and shopping him at the deadline.