• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Jeff Blashill History

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If Perlini started producing he probably could fetch a return at the deadline. Probably not much though. There's no way we should be shopping Fabbri at the deadline, unless a team is willing to overpay with a 1st round pick. A 23 year old that has been one of our better players this season. Keep him around as part of the core. I agree on trying to boost Athanasiou's numbers and shopping him at the deadline.

I feel like the return would be better for guys like AA during summer anyway. There will be more opportunity to go around once a few players are shed at the deadline. Finish the season strong like last year. At least this time they'll be too far behind in the standings to work their way up. 

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Id have no problem bumping him up but i wouldnt be expecting perlini to be in demand from teams asking for scoring depth lol , i think at this point we have to accept this trade is a bust so far ao good for fabbri and id suspect we’d hang on to him till next season at least but if the kid keeps going and has say 25 pts in 30 games come deadline( havent checked his stats so im just shooting numbers) id suspect we’d be able to pull a late 2nd or a 3rd if we wanted to 

again , no problem bumping him up but im not expecting him to start torching it up at any point , id be more concerned with boosting AA’s numbers as hed fetch us the best return

The Perlini trade certainly feels like a bust right now; people who were saying he'll be playing in Europe next year are looking smart. Maybe he and Erne and Hirose and Ehn can all be Liiga teammates.

No point in moving Fabbri unless it's part of an ambitious package for a big-name player. Give Fabbri a bridge deal and hope he continues to be one of the best bargains in the league for the next couple of years.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If Perlini started producing he probably could fetch a return at the deadline. Probably not much though. There's no way we should be shopping Fabbri at the deadline, unless a team is willing to overpay with a 1st round pick. A 23 year old that has been one of our better players this season. Keep him around as part of the core. I agree on trying to boost Athanasiou's numbers and shopping him at the deadline.

I didnt say we would shop fabbri but i would consider dealing him if say we could land the 50-55th pick (no chance in hell we get a first for him). As well as he’s done, its been only 15 games and we’ll always have to worry about the next big injury being it for him and i still dont see him with the wings longterm so id strongly consider it,but i dont think stevie would trade him at this point so no need to worry

AA only gets moved if we can get a top prospect or a 1st imo , i wouldnt deal him for a second as i believe he can get back to being a 30 goal guy, we can easily sign him to two years at a reasonable price and get him going towards that mark and deal him to a contender 2021 deadline and a team with cap problems would love to get a guy who can score 30 for 4-4.5 for 1 & 1/2 yrs left on his deal

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I feel like the return would be better for guys like AA during summer anyway. There will be more opportunity to go around once a few players are shed at the deadline. Finish the season strong like last year. At least this time they'll be too far behind in the standings to work their way up. 

He has to finish strong and end up with say 25 goals otherwise id say we sign him to a 2 yr deal at reasonable cap and wait till 2021 id say hes our best asset that we’d be willing to part with but i wouldnt just sell him to what i believe is a low price just to get rid of him

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I didnt say we would shop fabbri but i would consider dealing him if say we could land the 50-55th pick (no chance in hell we get a first for him). As well as he’s done, its been only 15 games and we’ll always have to worry about the next big injury being it for him and i still dont see him with the wings longterm so id strongly consider it,but i dont think stevie would trade him at this point so no need to worry

AA only gets moved if we can get a top prospect or a 1st imo , i wouldnt deal him for a second as i believe he can get back to being a 30 goal guy, we can easily sign him to two years at a reasonable price and get him going towards that mark and deal him to a contender 2021 deadline and a team with cap problems would love to get a guy who can score 30 for 4-4.5 for 1 & 1/2 yrs left on his deal

Yeah, it sure was easy last time :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He has to finish strong and end up with say 25 goals otherwise id say we sign him to a 2 yr deal at reasonable cap and wait till 2021 id say hes our best asset that we’d be willing to part with but i wouldnt just sell him to what i believe is a low price just to get rid of him

He won't be moved for the sake of getting rid of him. He will be moved because he likely doesn't fit into the team going forward, and can help obtain assets. Regardless of his season totals, all he has to do is finish strong. Either way, he'll be scouted. Teams will know what he is. We can't hide that.  

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The Perlini trade certainly feels like a bust right now; people who were saying he'll be playing in Europe next year are looking smart. Maybe he and Erne and Hirose and Ehn can all be Liiga teammates.

No point in moving Fabbri unless it's part of an ambitious package for a big-name player. Give Fabbri a bridge deal and hope he continues to be one of the best bargains in the league for the next couple of years.

Europe haha i got so much s*** for that , still think hirose will get another look but none of these guys here longterm imo , ive always liked chase pearson and think he might be able to be up next year m like givani smith as another bottom 6 guy over those you mentioned ... either way stevie will have alot of work to be done to get rid of a helm,nielsen

i think  abdelkader sticks around one more year and we buy him out after next season and take the 4 year cap hit and thats it , unless stevie can find a taker for him at 50% and throw in a hirose  + 3rd rounder or something 

i dont expect us to trade fabbri , im saying id strongly consider it depending what we get at the deadline , if someone offers us the 78th pick in the 3rd probably not but if we can get 50? Maybe .... i dont wish anyone to ever get hurt but im just waiting for it to happen with him, sadly some guys just get injury problems their whole careers and he looks to be one of them although hes been ok for 15 games so far 

bertuzzi larkin mantha 

Lafraniere/byfield veleno zadina

svechnikov rasmussen mastrosimone/berggren

thats what i see in the longterm for the wings in the top 9 and some might not workout but theres also say smith/pearson who might be able to play on the 3rd , doesnt include AA,grewe(who i think will be a wing),soderblom(who we hope will be a gem pick) hirose, next years draft picks etc... point is i dont see how fabbri can possibly be a wing in 2-3 yrs even with some guys being moved and never making it thus we’d strongly have to consider all options come deadline day .... but thats just my opinion wtf do i know

8 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah, it sure was easy last time :rolleyes:

Hahaha true that , but when hes had a s*** year like he has thus far he cant be dumb enough to ask for say 6x6? Lmao id just send him to echl at that point

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

He won't be moved for the sake of getting rid of him. He will be moved because he likely doesn't fit into the team going forward, and can help obtain assets. Regardless of his season totals, all he has to do is finish strong. Either way, he'll be scouted. Teams will know what he is. We can't hide that.  

I agree 100% he wont be here longterm i just wouldnt rush it to get any assets i still think he can be pretty valuable in a trade so id just be patient and wait it out at this point i see veleno being back in grand rapids next season so i dont think we’re in a rush to deal him now for the 62nd pick lets say

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Hahaha true that , but when hes had a s*** year like he has thus far he cant be dumb enough to ask for say 6x6? Lmao id just send him to echl at that point

I agree 100% he wont be here longterm i just wouldnt rush it to get any assets i still think he can be pretty valuable in a trade so id just be patient and wait it out at this point i see veleno being back in grand rapids next season so i dont think we’re in a rush to deal him now for the 62nd pick lets say

His agent is the problem. He was a headache to sign once. With his agent, he likely will again. 

57 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

His agent is the problem. He was a headache to sign once. With his agent, he likely will again. 

He did come off a 30 goal season no? Or was it the year prior? Either way he can’t demand for a big deal at this point the way the seasons going . It would have to be a one or two year deal unless he and we are willing to sign him say 25 mill for 6 years and id bet money he wouldnt want that 

On 12/11/2019 at 2:57 PM, marcaractac said:

I think Yzerman is a bit different in dealing with things than Kenny 

I offer this as proof....

https://video.thescore.com/nhl/news/1319402-how-yzerman-perfectly-handled-the-drouin-situation/amp

silencelambs1.jpg

It's all rather simple, you see. Jeff's pathology stems from his early career with the Griffins where the seeds were first planted. With the nurturing of his overbearing GM, and emotionally distant NHL HC, he soon flowered into full-blown psychosis. Jeff's GM was a narcissist who neglected his roster in favor of his head coach, Mike Babcock, whom he viewed as a reflection of himself. Young Jeff, sensing this familial dynamic, began play-acting as Babcock, the coach whom his GM lavished with the most attention and affection. As his GM encouraged this behavior, Jeff soon came to realize that through embracing this fantasy he could shift his GM's attention to himself. In this manner, his pathology deepened and broadened, encompassing a veritable stew of neuroses, prominent among them disorders of the histrionic and borderline personality variety, which, combined with the dissociation of his vivid, Holland-reinforced fantasy, blossomed into acute Autobabcockphilia, wherein merely imagining himself as Mike Babcock was insufficient to sustain the delusion.

His GM's own narcissism interacted with Jeff's burgeoning psychosis and the interpersonal dynamic gave rise to Folie a Deux, wherein the shared delusion brought to the forefront Holland's own lack of ability to build out a roster, manifesting in a case of Munchhausen by proxy in which Jeff himself is unconsciously complicit.

So as you can see, this all started with young Jeff's desire to live within Mike Babcock's... skin.