• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/10 ( ︶︿︶)_╭∩╮ GDT - Red Wings @ Jets - 8:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

For sure, i'm okay with a "side quest" episode here and there, but I expected episode 5 to more pick up off of episode 3 and show some progression. The fan boy in me still really likes the show, but I want to see it go back on the same track as the first 3 episodes. 

We will have the answer to that in April :lol:

Next episode will be a classic item retrieval quest. Screen grab this so I can gloat later.  

14 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Someone on Facebook just suggested shipping the entire roster to Seattle and we get to start over with the expansion draft.  I am on board with that

Don't you put that evil on us. We are getting a fresh team and between that and my f***ed up tendies that's all thats keeping me from being suicidal right now. 

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

One thing I've always liked about Zadina and consistently praised him for is his work ethic. He skates his butt off and back checks like a mofo. Effort won't ever be a problem for him.

and someday he'll have some linemates. Not to use a Perliniism

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Perlini can learn a thing or two from Zadina about forechecking. It's the type of s*** he has to do if he wants to move up. 

and with his size and skating ability, he should be ashamed of his effort. Forget gifting him a top 6 role. I'd bench him. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

We've been put here to suffer

730.gif

Srsly tho. I'm really starting to legit hate this team. Not the Red Wings as a franchise. Not these players on a personal level. Just...this team. The mix. The lack of effort. The stupid, lazy passes into everyone's skates. The suck. The shamefulness and shamelessness of it all. There is nothing redeeming here. There is nothing exciting here. There are no fun narratives to follow, aside from "Who will we take with the 3rd overall pick?" I can't believe things have gotten this bad.

A part of me hopes Yzerman is secretly seething.

I remember reading a pretty good piece on Shanahan's first couple of seasons as Toronto's emperor, or whatever the hell his title was. After his first season, which was an "evaluation" season, he held a press conference and essentially said, "I had no idea it was this bad. I'm sorry. I'm going to nuke everything. It isn't going to happen overnight, but it's going to happen. This can't continue."

Wonder if we get one of those pressers from Yzerman at the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

730.gif

Srsly tho. I'm really starting to legit hate this team. Not the Red Wings as a franchise. Not these players on a personal level. Just...this team. The mix. The lack of effort. The stupid, lazy passes into everyone's skates. The suck. The shamefulness and shamelessness of it all. There is nothing redeeming here. There is nothing exciting here. There are no fun narratives to follow, aside from "Who will we take with the 3rd overall pick?" I can't believe things have gotten this bad.

It'll get worse too. Culminating in this:

1. New Jersey

2. Toronto

3. LA

4. Detroit

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It'll get worse too. Culminating in this:

1. New Jersey

2. Toronto

3. LA

4. Detroit

Already steeling myself for it. Already working on convincing myself that Lafreniere is injury-prone and not a great skater and that Byfield is dominating because he's bigger and stronger than his peers (a la Rasmussen).

In all seriousness tho, I'm starting to wonder if I wouldn't take Tim Stutzle 2nd overall anyway. Everything I've seen of him and everything I'm hearing about him has me thinking he's a gem. This draft is going to produce a handful of Pettersson-tier overachievers; I don't see why Stutzle can't be one of them.

12 minutes ago, Dabura said:

A part of me hopes Yzerman is secretly seething.

I remember reading a pretty good piece on Shanahan's first couple of seasons as Toronto's emperor, or whatever the hell his title was. After his first season, which was an "evaluation" season, he held a press conference and essentially said, "I had no idea it was this bad. I'm sorry. I'm going to nuke everything. It isn't going to happen overnight, but it's going to happen. This can't continue."

Wonder if we get one of those pressers from Yzerman at the end of the season.

I'm sure I don't have to repeat this for the group of us, but culture. I've wanted to preserve it for years.

Well It's gone. Whatever preserving we did didn't work. Maybe the concept doesn't work in general. As soon as Zetterberg and Kronwall left the chat room the wheels on the bus completely fell off.

I don't think we need to be as drastic as trading Larkin, he's still a young player on a good contract, but I certainly wouldn't balk at it either. f*** him. No one is above the wheel. Yzerman has my full permission to murder any of these losers he wants for all I care. They bring shame to our dojo.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm sure I don't have to repeat this for the group of us, but culture. I've wanted to preserve it for years.

Well It's gone. Whatever preserving we did didn't work. Maybe the concept doesn't work in general. As soon as Zetterberg and Kronwall left the chat room the wheels on the bus completely fell off.

I don't think we need to be as drastic as trading Larkin, he's still a young player on a good contract, but I certainly wouldn't balk at it either. f*** him. No one is above the wheel. Yzerman has my full permission to murder any of these losers he wants for all I care. They bring shame to our dojo.

100%

A year or two ago I saw the light and realized maintaining a winning culture isn't just an empty Hollandism -- it's a thing, it's meaningful, it's important. More important than anything. So I've been arguing in favor of keeping that going and not blowing things to hell "because lotto odds."

Well, that culture appears to be gone now. Poof. Only took 30 games. Which makes me wonder if it was ever there in the first place. The stories we're hearing about Babcock and the possibility that Holland knowingly enabled all of that madness certainly isn't making me feel super proud to have defended The Winning Culture Plan.

A few weeks ago some insider(ish) guy on Twitter -- I think he claims to be part of the Wings' media machinery -- said he has it on good authority that Larkin has a coke habit. I have no real reason to believe him and maybe for that reason I'm a dingus for even bringing it up here. But, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. No team performs as poorly as this team is performing. It just doesn't happen. A s*** roster plus s*** coaching can't account for the level of suck we're witnessing; I'd be surprised if there isn't a "culture problem."

21 minutes ago, Dabura said:

A few weeks ago some insider(ish) guy on Twitter -- I think he claims to be part of the Wings' media machinery -- said he has it on good authority that Larkin has a coke habit. I have no real reason to believe him and maybe for that reason I'm a dingus for even bringing it up here. But, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. No team performs as poorly as this team is performing. It just doesn't happen. A s*** roster plus s*** coaching can't account for the level of suck we're witnessing; I'd be surprised if there isn't a "culture problem."

Of course it can. And I think it's happening this season "sort" of by design. I'm less worried about culture than I am about skill and ability. It's just not there. 

All this shart show should demonstrate is that this team is not 2 years away from contending for anything. It's going to take 5 years minimum. Like I've been saying all along. And now that Zadina's been sent back to GRs there's probably only 2-3 guys that will play tomorrow night that will be part of this team in 5 years. 

22 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

So Dabura's real name is Max Bultman?  Good to know.  

I'm generally not a fan of the whole Athletic scene; they're all a buncha pinko commie nerds to me. But at this point I'll take any morsel of HYPE! that I can get.

Edited by Dabura

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Of course it can. And I think it's happening this season "sort" of by design. I'm less worried about culture than I am about skill and ability. It's just not there. 

All this shart show should demonstrate is that this team is not 2 years away from contending for anything. It's going to take 5 years minimum. Like I've been saying all along. And now that Zadina's been sent back to GRs there's probably only 2-3 guys that will play tomorrow night that will be part of this team in 5 years. 

We can flirt with a playoff spot in two years if we get some draft lottery luck this summer. Lots of talented players in the system, it's not a stretch for the turnaround to be quick with a little luck. Agreed that this season's suckage seems to be very much by design, however.

Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Hronek, Fabbri are guys who will stick around. Sign a decent goalie and dman, luck our way into Lafreniere, call up Seider. Next year alone can be a hell of a lot better.