Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/10 ( ︶︿︶)_╭∩╮ GDT - Red Wings @ Jets - 8:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

e3xJuxv.jpg

This is amazing. :lol:

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Amazing that we finally drafted a kid who isn't a complete *****.

Didn't realize Seider is on track to set records. This kid is ready. He's been ready. Yzerman is protecting his first OG Detroit Yzer-pick from this horrid nightmare of a team and letting Holland's picks burn. Smart move for his reputation as a manager.

Need to dig up comments from all those who doubted Yzerman on draft day. Seider has Norris's written all over him. Reminds of me of Pronger minus the dooshyness. Big, mobile, physical, smart, big personality. Real captain material.

He will take Timmy Stoots 4th overall this year, and then we will get the Stoots/Sides show in a few years. Hard working german bros who will fix the physically and mentally soft culture of this team.

1402503399891.png

I like that he's winning over the really dialed-in analysts who didn't like the pick, e.g. Corey Pronman and Cam Robinson. "I didn't like the pick at the time, but I've had the chance to watch him since then and I think I get it" seems to be the common sentiment. (Props to them for not being prideful dinguses about it, btw.)

It's a feel-good story. We need a cornerstone defender who's big and mean and skilled and mobile and can play in all situations and log huge minutes and is an all-around good human being who will go to war for his teammates and try to carry them on his back if he has to. We've needed this player for years and years and years. With Yzerman's first pick as Red Wings GM, he gives us this German rando who magically appears to fit the bill.

I fear I'm falling in love with the idea of Seider and Stutzle being all we need to get things back on track. That Seider is a feral Pietrangelo and Stutzle is Pettersson. That two German kids will lead Detroit sports out of the darkness and into the light. LMAO! I need it. I need it so badly.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kill me. I dont have the emotional maturity to handle this team anymore

We're all gonna be on coke by February. RIP LGW.com's winning culture. :huh2:

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

So Comrie was apparently the lone bright spot in this loss, despite the score. Game could have been a lot worse without some of the stops he made and he was hung out to dry quite a bit. I'd like to see him keep starting games, f*** Bernier. He can ride the pine for awhile. 

It's kinda weird to say a goalie who allowed give goals was a bright spot, but I suppose he kinda was. Overall tho, I'd say he was more or less what I've come to expect from Bernier. Not sure he's going to improve the situation in net.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This is amazing. :lol:

I like that he's winning over the really dialed-in analysts who didn't like the pick, e.g. Corey Pronman and Cam Robinson. "I didn't like the pick at the time, but I've had the chance to watch him since then and I think I get it" seems to be the common sentiment. (Props to them for not being prideful dinguses about it, btw.)

It's a feel-good story. We need a cornerstone defender who's big and mean and skilled and mobile and can play in all situations and log huge minutes and is an all-around good human being who will go to war for his teammates and try to carry them on his back if he has to. We've needed this player for years and years and years. With Yzerman's first pick as Red Wings GM, he gives us this German rando who magically appears to fit the bill.

I fear I'm falling in love with the idea of Seider and Stutzle being all we need to get things back on track. That Seider is a feral Pietrangelo and Stutzle is Pettersson. That two German kids will lead Detroit sports out of the darkness and into the light. LMAO! I need it. I need it so badly.

Pronman is like the Nate Silver of the NHL, take that s*** with a dose of salt

Yzerman basically has my confidence because of Seider. I geeked out on Seider knowing we would still never be in a position to draft him, and the mad man took him anyway. I'm not so much bonering over Yzerman taking the player I liked, and more so bonering over Yzerman having the cojones to do what my normie ass would never have the balls to do. I'm willing to accept and look the other way on Yzer-mistakes because of this, including Perlini and not signing Witkowski. I was fully prepared to be the dick that s***s on Yzerman all season, but he won me over with a single pick.

9 hours ago, Dabura said:

It's kinda weird to say a goalie who allowed give goals was a bright spot, but I suppose he kinda was. Overall tho, I'd say he was more or less what I've come to expect from Bernier. Not sure he's going to improve the situation in net.

During the 2nd Period of Tues game (can't remember the exact time during the period), we were getting swarmed by the Jets.  Just an onslaught of offense and our D was scrambling.  Right before the whistle blew there were 3 Wings standing directly outside of the crease in front of Comrie in essentially the form of a triangle...the other 2 Wings were chasing the puck around looking quite honestly a bit silly.  Once the whistle blew, you could see Comrie laying into the 3 guys in front of the net, you could tell he was saying something to the effect of stop standing around and screening me....go play D!!  Ugghh...it was hard to watch.

1 hour ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

During the 2nd Period of Tues game (can't remember the exact time during the period), we were getting swarmed by the Jets.  Just an onslaught of offense and our D was scrambling.  Right before the whistle blew there were 3 Wings standing directly outside of the crease in front of Comrie in essentially the form of a triangle...the other 2 Wings were chasing the puck around looking quite honestly a bit silly.  Once the whistle blew, you could see Comrie laying into the 3 guys in front of the net, you could tell he was saying something to the effect of stop standing around and screening me....go play D!!  Ugghh...it was hard to watch.

Welcome to hell, Eric. Our D genuinely do not know how to D.

10 hours ago, Dabura said:

Well, that's how bad this team is. lol Players and Blash thought he did well, but any goalie stuck behind that D is gonna get lit up. Could have been worse. He may not improve the net sitch much, but I'd rather see him play instead of Bernier. We know what we have with Bernier. Who knows, The more Comrie plays, the better he may get. It is very hard to judge any goalie on this team with the mess were in, but it is what it is. Just start the kid, get Bernier some croissants and tell him to sit back and relax.

1 hour ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Yeah i had read about that. The first goal that went in never should have either. An opposing player shouldn't get three whacks at a puck in the crease ffs.