• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/12 ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ GDT - Jets @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

Off topic conspiracy theory I dived into last night:

Based on the video it's pretty clear to me that Subban's own teammates in Montreal didn't care for him. Not just Bergevin and Therrien. And that the room was toxic with him in it.

But the thing I wanna talk about is that $10 million donation to Montreal children's hospital. It's a crazy donation and one of the biggest (if not the biggest?) by an athlete. It's even super crazier that it came from a hockey player since hockey bros make way less money than other athletes. Of course Subban, being the avid self-promoter that he is, used this as an opportunity for media optics to gain fan support and public sympathy. And deservedly so, it's a generous donation.

The problem? He never wrote that check.

In fact, he only actually PLEDGED to help RAISE those funds, but very much hushed hushed that. According to the PK Subban Foundation and Global News only about 20% of the promised funds were ever actually donated. And it is unclear how much of his own money he even put into the pot because he was using "sponsors" for donation funds.

In actuality and away from the cameras, Subban's accountant was using the entire affair as a loophole to dodge Quebec taxes so Subban could make even MORE money.

The Habs had a real problem with this behind closed doors. And certainly did not want to be dragged through the mud themselves if his little self-promoting tax escapade ever came to light in the mainstream media. Basically it was a PR time bomb waiting to go off, and this played a heavy role in the final decision to unload him. It's also just a pure dooshy scheme to pull in general. This is why his Habs teammates voted for Patches for the King Clancy award - despite Patches not really do anything to earn it, at least not anything $10 million big - instead of Subban that year.

Since he's out of Montreal now, the whole thing has remained under the rug...

I've also been reading comments from fans who are starting pipe up that he's a regular doosh as soon as the cameras turn off. From my understanding he's been jetting back and forth between LA and NJ non stop to spend time with his new fiance that ski chick with the nudes. Basically he's not really committed to the game at all, at least not for NJD. On one podcast it was pretty clear he spent most of the summer partying in LA and promoting his new brand crap, instead of preparing for the season.

In conclusion SHEA WEBER is a GOD TIER Dman and everyone was wrong about that trade.

This has been my Ted Tallk

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Happy to see that the hype has returned to you, friend.

Your post in the other GDT broke my heart. We are all gonna look to you for hype when the times get this hard. 

Didn't mean to alarm anyone! I was just pissing and moaning. I used to do that a lot here. Felt good to get back to my roots for a few hours. :lol: No big deal. The HYPE! is deathless.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Killing off characters is pointless if you're just gonna bring them back. This is why that Avengers movie is dumb.

I think I need an advanced course on minor league transactions. 

Like, the Griffs are in California right now. These two either went for a drive to GRs to check on their goldfish or it was only a paper transaction and they remained in Detroit. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think I need an advanced course on minor league transactions. 

Like, the Griffs are in California right now. These two either went for a drive to GRs to check on their goldfish or it was only a paper transaction and they remained in Detroit. 

Neither were in the lineup for the Griffs last night, so very likely they remained with the Wings. 

Just now, marcaractac said:

Neither were in the lineup for the Griffs last night, so very likely they remained with the Wings. 

Which begs the question: why send them down? 

Unless someone's been put on IR or LTIR since yesterday. 

Don't really care but also don't really understand either

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Which begs the question: why send them down? 

Unless someone's been put on IR or LTIR since yesterday. 

Don't really care but also don't really understand either

Yeah me either at this point tbh. Sure got a lot of people worked up for no reason though :lol:

27 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Off topic conspiracy theory I dived into last night:

Based on the video it's pretty clear to me that Subban's own teammates in Montreal didn't care for him. Not just Bergevin and Therrien. And that the room was toxic with him in it.

But the thing I wanna talk about is that $10 million donation to Montreal children's hospital. It's a crazy donation and one of the biggest (if not the biggest?) by an athlete. It's even super crazier that it came from a hockey player since hockey bros make way less money than other athletes. Of course Subban, being the avid self-promoter that he is, used this as an opportunity for media optics to gain fan support and public sympathy. And deservedly so, it's a generous donation.

The problem? He never wrote that check.

In fact, he only actually PLEDGED to help RAISE those funds, but very much hushed hushed that. According to the PK Subban Foundation and Global News only about 20% of the promised funds were ever actually donated. And it is unclear how much of his own money he even put into the pot because he was using "sponsors" for donation funds.

In actuality and away from the cameras, Subban's accountant was using the entire affair as a loophole to dodge Quebec taxes so Subban could make even MORE money.

The Habs had a real problem with this behind closed doors. And certainly did not want to be dragged through the mud themselves if his little self-promoting tax escapade ever came to light in the mainstream media. Basically it was a PR time bomb waiting to go off, and this played a heavy role in the final decision to unload him. It's also just a pure dooshy scheme to pull in general. This is why his Habs teammates voted for Patches for the King Clancy award - despite Patches not really do anything to earn it, at least not anything $10 million big - instead of Subban that year.

Since he's out of Montreal now, the whole thing has remained under the rug...

I've also been reading comments from fans who are starting pipe up that he's a regular doosh as soon as the cameras turn off. From my understanding he's been jetting back and forth between LA and NJ non stop to spend time with his new fiance that ski chick with the nudes. Basically he's not really committed to the game at all, at least not for NJD. On one podcast it was pretty clear he spent most of the summer partying in LA and promoting his new brand crap, instead of preparing for the season.

In conclusion SHEA WEBER is a GOD TIER Dman and everyone was wrong about that trade.

This has been my Ted Tallk

In general, and as it applies to us, I'm thinking a lot about what it will take to rebuild the culture of this team.

I think what everyone wanted was for Zberg/Dats/Lids/Kronner to raise the next generation of Red Wings. But the bottom fell out and and the pipeline dried before that could happen.

Now, we have some great players in Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Hronek, and now Fabbri. But these guys are all still kids and even prospects still in a way. And they have no guidance, no Red Wing dads to lead them and raise them. Nielsen/Abby/Fil/Helm are older but are really just step-dads who can't help them the way they need to be helped.

I was discussing bringing in Corey Perry in the offseason last night in the discord. He's an older vet, once great player who's sorta been there and seen most of it, and he plays with an edge. Sort of reminds me of papa bear Todd Bertuzzi. But the more I think about it the more I start to sour on this idea, even if it would be a cheap easy no-loss pick up for us...

I'm listening to some Spittin Chiclets podcasts where they talk about the St Louis Blues. They specifically talk about how they love the Blues lockerroom. The guys on that team all still go out for drinks together as a team. And not just 2 or 3, or 5 or 6, core guys. THE WHOLE TEAM. And they have good camaraderie and get competitive with who can bring home the most girls and what not.

To dance into boomer land here, they also talk about how there exists a real problem with the newer generation of players. Some of these guys just want to go home and play fortnight. Or stay in their hotel rooms and play video games. It's not video games that are the problem per say, it's that they're not with their mates building that culture and repertoire.

Where I'm going with this is... I don't think we need Corey Perry's. I think we need exactly what Yzerman has already been aiming for. Guys aged 23-28. guys of the generation of our current core. Build up a critical mass of these players. Guys who are going to be friends with Larkin and Mantha, guys who are going to add something to the cultural rebuild.

With that in mind, here's some pending UFAs in that age group that aren't Subban cancer:

• Melker Karlsson (25)
  • Zemgus Girgensons (26)
  • Cody Ceci (26)
  • Nathan Beaulieu (27)
  • Josh Leivo (27)

Idk, I don't know a lot about some of these players, maybe someone else can make a better list from this: https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/ufa/

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

wtf is going on

Yzerman probably said something like "Fil, don't tell anyone I said this, but this team Holland bequeathed to me is an open puss-wound. Something a rabies infested raccoon covered in deer ticks wouldn't even sniff. I don't want you around it right now"

18 minutes ago, Dabura said:

wtf is going on

It's purely internal financials for the team I believe.

A lot of teams have started doing weird transactions like this, but IDK what the specific loophole is

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

"Larkin not feeling well"

Image result for cocaine gifs

That Winnipeg snow

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This might explain the weirdness:

Or I'm 100% wrong and it's all this. McIlrath being back throws a wrench in it thou

34 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

In general, and as it applies to us, I'm thinking a lot about what it will take to rebuild the culture of this team.

I think what everyone wanted was for Zberg/Dats/Lids/Kronner to raise the next generation of Red Wings. But the bottom fell out and and the pipeline dried before that could happen.

Now, we have some great players in Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Hronek, and now Fabbri. But these guys are all still kids and even prospects still in a way. And they have no guidance, no Red Wing dads to lead them and raise them. Nielsen/Abby/Fil/Helm are older but are really just step-dads who can't help them the way they need to be helped.

I was discussing bringing in Corey Perry in the offseason last night in the discord. He's an older vet, once great player who's sorta been there and seen most of it, and he plays with an edge. Sort of reminds me of papa bear Todd Bertuzzi. But the more I think about it the more I start to sour on this idea, even if it would be a cheap easy no-loss pick up for us...

I'm listening to some Spittin Chiclets podcasts where they talk about the St Louis Blues. They specifically talk about how they love the Blues lockerroom. The guys on that team all still go out for drinks together as a team. And not just 2 or 3, or 5 or 6, core guys. THE WHOLE TEAM. And they have good camaraderie and get competitive with who can bring home the most girls and what not.

To dance into boomer land here, they also talk about how there exists a real problem with the newer generation of players. Some of these guys just want to go home and play fortnight. Or stay in their hotel rooms and play video games. It's not video games that are the problem per say, it's that they're not with their mates building that culture and repertoire.

Where I'm going with this is... I don't think we need Corey Perry's. I think we need exactly what Yzerman has already been aiming for. Guys aged 23-28. guys of the generation of our current core. Build up a critical mass of these players. Guys who are going to be friends with Larkin and Mantha, guys who are going to add something to the cultural rebuild.

With that in mind, here's some pending UFAs in that age group that aren't Subban cancer:

• Melker Karlsson (25)
  • Zemgus Girgensons (26)
  • Cody Ceci (26)
  • Nathan Beaulieu (27)
  • Josh Leivo (27)

Idk, I don't know a lot about some of these players, maybe someone else can make a better list from this: https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/ufa/

I vaguely remember someone saying Fabbri is known to be a good locker room guy and that that's one of the reasons why Yzerman brought him in.

In any case, you're on fire today and I appreciate it. In terms of who we should be targeting...who were the Blues players who famously punched each other in practice? That incident was the beginning of their turnaround. We should try to get those guys.

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's purely internal financials for the team I believe.

A lot of teams have started doing weird transactions like this, but IDK what the specific loophole is

090714gettinglost1.jpg