• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/12 ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ GDT - Jets @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Which begs the question: why send them down? 

Unless someone's been put on IR or LTIR since yesterday. 

Don't really care but also don't really understand either

They each cost $766.66 per day at their AHL rate, while they each cost $5,868.33 at their NNL rate.  It's done for financial reasons.

56 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

They each cost $766.66 per day at their AHL rate, while they each cost $5,868.33 at their NNL rate.  It's done for financial reasons.

Makes sense.

EDIT: Or does it? I suck at math. And cap stuff.

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

"Hey Filip! I know you were like our highest pick in 25 years and that your development is important to this team's rebuild and that you've been one of our hardest working players, but we gotta send you down so Chris can save 8k. Understand? Great. Don't worry, you'll be on the ice again in our 1/3 full rink reallllll soon"

46 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

"Hey Filip! I know you were like our highest pick in 25 years and that your development is important to this team's rebuild and that you've been one of our hardest working players, but we gotta send you down so Chris can save 8k. Understand? Great. Don't worry, you'll be on the ice again in our 1/3 full rink reallllll soon"

Financial bag skating.

51 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm tempted to make an off-color joke about jews

The Lil C's business model is basically pay your employees the least amount possible and use the cheapest ingredients. I've never met anyone who liked working there, even as a manager or district manager.

I once exchanged emails with the Lil C's business director or marketing director, can't remember which, cause I was sort of halfheartedly considering investing in a franchise. That guy sent me a bunch of info. The amount of money you can expect to make from owning a Lil C's franchise is laughable. You'd need to own like at bare minimum 5 stores just to make it worth your while. That fact, on top of the amount of work it takes to manage a business with that level of employee turnover, made me back off immediately.

Compare that to say owning a Mcdonalds, where you can make a lot of money really quickly as a franchise owner, and being in business with the Illitch's seems like a total joke/bad-move. They try to suck every dollar out of everyone beneath them. But to their credit that's probs why the family is insanely rich...

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm tempted to make an off-color joke about jews

The Lil C's business model is basically pay your employees the least amount possible and use the cheapest ingredients. I've never met anyone who liked working there, even as a manager or district manager.

I once exchanged emails with the Lil C's business director or marketing director, can't remember which, cause I was sort of halfheartedly considering investing in a franchise. That guy sent me a bunch of info. The amount of money you can expect to make from owning a Lil C's franchise is laughable. You'd need to own like at bare minimum 5 stores just to make it worth your while. That fact, on top of the amount of work it takes to manage a business with that level of employee turnover, made me back off immediately.

Compare that to say owning a Mcdonalds, where you can make a lot of money really quickly as a franchise owner, and being in business with the Illitch's seems like a total joke/bad-move. They try to suck every dollar out of everyone beneath them. But to their credit that's probs why the family is insanely rich...

Well from a business standpoint it might make more sense to play the kids that, you know, people will pay money to come see. Not saying Zadina's hot ticket stuff just yet, but if I were on the fence, I'd rather go see him play than Erne for example. Seems counter intuitive to manage his icetime in NHL based on saving a few grand.

Which brings me to my next point: there's no way he was waived to save a few grand. Silent "Scott" Lucidity (Queensryche bone for yas) just talking jibber-jabs again. 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well from a business standpoint it might make more sense to play the kids that, you know, people will pay money to come see. Not saying Zadina's hot ticket stuff just yet, but if I were on the fence, I'd rather go see him play than Erne for example. Seems counter intuitive to manage his icetime in NHL based on saving a few grand.

Which brings me to my next point: there's no way he was waived to save a few grand. Silent "Scott" Lucidity (Queensryche bone for yas) just talking jibber-jabs again. 

Tickets are down to $8 right now at the LCA!

IDK every penny counts... What does Yzerman really have to do all day but watch tape, make a few phone calls, and check on his employees? He's probably s*** posting on this board right now. Just saying he has the time to micro manage his finances if he wants to I'm sure. If I was the owner I certainly wouldn't mind it. 

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

IDK every penny counts... What does Yzerman really have to do all day but watch tape, make a few phone calls, and check on his employees? He's probably s*** posting on this board right now. Just saying he has the time to micro manage his finances if he wants to I'm sure. If I was the owner I certainly wouldn't mind it. 

(s*** they're on to me)

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

When are they going to start giving away cars at the games again?  

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

One of the Jr Illitch's wanted to get their boyfriend a 2010 Corolla for Christmas and needed 4k from uncle Chris. Upon hearing this, Zadina felt happier. 

I respect the hustle.

Huh? What? Why are you looking at me like that? I'm talking about Zadina's effort level, particularly on the forecheck. I respect his hustle. What did you think I was talking about? :plain:

[Dabura notices there's a greasy paisano in a pinstripe suit holding a lead pipe and staring at him menacingly and making the throat slit gesture]

Image-couretsy-of-Know-Your-Meme-.jpg

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

HA the little ball here, wanna do lunch in 20?

You bring the hookers and blow, I'll bring Marc Bergevin.

Which stage are we at? Is this the belly of the beast?

Disc 1, track 3.

https://genius.com/The-smashing-pumpkins-jellybelly-lyrics

The choice to place a song like “Jellybelly” so early in the tracklist definitely makes a statement. The band seems to be communicating that, although “Tonight, Tonight” kicks it off, this is not a positive album full of hope. This is an unflinching journey into the human condition.

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Mckinley25 said:

When are they going to start giving away cars at the games again?  

STAGE 1 - Free curly fries when a Wing scores three goals

STAGE 2 - Free curly fries when a Wing puts up three points

STAGE 3 - Free curly fries when a Wing scores a goal

STAGE 4 - Free cars when the Wings play a game

YMpinTJ.jpg

Look at these lines Stephen. These are not NHL lines. I ASKED FOR NHL LINES

My disappointment is immeasurable and my season is ruined.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

But the thing I wanna talk about is that $10 million donation to Montreal children's hospital. It's a crazy donation and one of the biggest (if not the biggest?) by an athlete. It's even super crazier that it came from a hockey player since hockey bros make way less money than other athletes. Of course Subban, being the avid self-promoter that he is, used this as an opportunity for media optics to gain fan support and public sympathy. And deservedly so, it's a generous donation.

The problem? He never wrote that check.

In fact, he only actually PLEDGED to help RAISE those funds, but very much hushed hushed that. According to the PK Subban Foundation and Global News only about 20% of the promised funds were ever actually donated. And it is unclear how much of his own money he even put into the pot because he was using "sponsors" for donation funds.

In actuality and away from the cameras, Subban's accountant was using the entire affair as a loophole to dodge Quebec taxes so Subban could make even MORE money.

Since he's out of Montreal now, the whole thing has remained under the rug...

Hey CRL! P.V.D. back from the dead - locked myself out of my previous account. Still lurk around here and as a Montrealer and a Cancer survivor, I felt I had to kind of respond to this.

It seems you've been reading some internet B.S. right there. The P.K. donation was always stated to be "a combination of a personal donation from Subban — in the seven-figure range — as well as funds from the P.K. Subban Foundation and fundraising activities using his name and brand over the next seven years." Quote from an original 2015 article: https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/p-k-subban-makes-significant-donation-to-childrens-hospital

Seems maybe some people just don't read/listen beyond the headline and when they found out about the fundraising aspect they blame Subban for their own ignorance???

And I don't see where they'd be getting the part about only 20% raised. Since you list Global News, they said in Aug he'd raised 4 milliion (obviously 40%)

https://globalnews.ca/video/5803005/the-p-k-subban-foundation-has-raised-4-million-of-its-10-million-goal

Raising 6 million in the next 3 years does seem like a lot given how much they've brought in per year, but who knows...fundraising does generally go up when the deadline comes near. Maybe he makes up the remainder himself, if it's not too large. Or maybe he extends the deadline. Or maybe he falls short of the goal - not the worst thing in the world, after all he's already one of the most charitable athletes ever. The trade definitely made the goal more difficult for him to fundraise. Good on him to not change the commitment, though.

What Subban's done for the hospital/kids is a great thing and I don't get why/how some people turned it against him. Misplaced cynicism it seems. He comes back for fundraising events every now and then. when he was with the Habs he also spent time with the kids. (p.s. I met Koivu during my treatments, it really does mean a lot for people give their time like that, both since it shows they care, and also gives media exposure to the cause)

He also does events for sick kids in Nashville:

You can see other events on the "P.K. gives back" playlist on his Youtube

Anyway, Go Wings!!! Still with ya through the dark days even though I don't post here, haha