Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/12 ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ GDT - Jets @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sponges clearly

3jd9fj.jpg

Get in there mofo: invite

It's usually just @marcaractac talking to himself, but it was more active last night. There was an hour long circle jerk about how great costco is and other pointless discussion.

Nail Yakupov had 3 GOALS in a game, during his rookie season against Vancouver...  Busts can have bursts.

Sat 4/27 W 7-2 3 0 3 2 0 6 50.0 1 0 0 0 0 18:47 6:16

30 minutes ago, mackel said:

Nail Yakupov had 3 GOALS in a game, during his rookie season against Vancouver...  Busts can have bursts.

B A S E D and zagina-pilled

Thank you. Bring me back down to earth. Been riding the high of that much needed win and it's clouding my judgement.

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

I love that it's basically a free do-over with Nyquist. 2019-20 Fabbri = 2013-14 Nyquist (he of 28 goals and 48 points in 57 games).

• Same age
  • Same size
  • Same strengths
  • Same playing style
  • Same jersey number
  • Same type of "I don't know where the hell this production is coming from. All I know is it's exactly the kind of overachieving we need right now" manna from Heaven X factor dealy

That said, I don't expect him to be a 75-point player for us; I assume he's going to come down to Earth at some point, just as young Nyquist ultimately did. Still, it's awesome that we got a free young Nyquist.

I dunno how I feel about it if I'm a Blues fan. On the one hand, major props to Doug Armstrong for doing right by one of his people. On the other hand, was that really the best deal he could make? :brow:

Yeah, probably not a 75 point player, but a 60-70 point 2nd line winger could still be in the cards for him. I think so anyway... especially when we add some more talent to this team.

44 minutes ago, mackel said:

Zadina puts up 55 points in 75 games next season...

mackel:

"Daigle was on a 50 and 60+ point pace his first two seasons"...

"BuStS cAn HaVe GoOd SeAsOnS"...

56 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Zadina puts up 55 points in 75 games next season...

mackel:

"Daigle was on a 50 and 60+ point pace his first two seasons"...

"BuStS cAn HaVe GoOd SeAsOnS"...

Finally a logical post.  

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

"Busts can have good careers"

He had 1, 3pt game, 2 of which were assists... aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself?  I know this is an abysmal season but don't set yourself up for more disappointment. 

I imagine right now you feel a bit like the Wings, tumbling down the standings? I can read it in your posts. You have the posts of man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth...

Do you believe in busts LGW?

"No"

Why not?

"Because I don't like the idea that the Red Wings don't know what they're doing"

I know exactly what you mean.

Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it since the 2018 draft. That there's something wrong with Zadina. You don't know what it is. But it's there. Like a splinter in your mind. Driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me... Do you want to know what it is?

Zadina busting is everywhere, it is all around us, even now in this very thread. You can see it when you look up from your phone, or when you turn on your computer. You can feel it when you click on the GDT. When you post lines. When you press the like button. The world has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. Unfortunately no one can be told what Zadina busting looks like. You have to see it for yourself.

62c135cc23561def300fb1e02159ff1d.jpg

This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake up back in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill and you stay in wonderland. And I show you how badly Zadina is going to bust...

Remember. All I'm offering is the truth... nothing more.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

40 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I imagine right now you feel a bit like the Wings, tumbling down the standings? I can read it in your posts. You have the posts of man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth...

Do you believe in busts LGW?

"No"

Why not?

"Because I don't like the idea that the Red Wings don't know what they're doing"

I know exactly what you mean.

Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it since the 2018 draft. That there's something wrong with Zadina. You don't know what it is. But it's there. Like a splinter in your mind. Driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me... Do you want to know what it is?

Zadina busting is everywhere, it is all around us, even now in this very thread. You can see it when you look up from your phone, or when you turn on your computer. You can feel it when you click on the GDT. When you post lines. When you press the like button. The world has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. Unfortunately no one can be told what Zadina busting looks like. You have to see it for yourself.

62c135cc23561def300fb1e02159ff1d.jpg

This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake up back in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill and you stay in wonderland. And I show you how badly Zadina is going to bust...

Remember. All I'm offering is the truth... nothing more.

TFW you will never have the privilege of busting on Monica Bellucci's bust.

003MRD_Monica_Bellucci_004.jpg

I really don´t get that Zadina bashing. He just turned 20 and is doing more things right than wrong in the moment. He is showing signs of why he is a highly touted prospect. He looks more confident and no one can deny that he has got a real good shot, which he is learning to use on the NHL level. When most prospects played their first year after the draft in juniors, he played in the AHL, got a taste of NHL hockey and looked a lot better in the second half of last season. After a bit of a rough start in GR this year, he picked up the pace and is keeping it since being recalled. Some here might be disappointed that he didn´t have a 60 point rookie NHL season as a projected top 3 pick, but he will still be a very good player. So relax

4 hours ago, ely s said:

I really don´t get that Zadina bashing. He just turned 20 and is doing more things right than wrong in the moment. He is showing signs of why he is a highly touted prospect. He looks more confident and no one can deny that he has got a real good shot, which he is learning to use on the NHL level. When most prospects played their first year after the draft in juniors, he played in the AHL, got a taste of NHL hockey and looked a lot better in the second half of last season. After a bit of a rough start in GR this year, he picked up the pace and is keeping it since being recalled. Some here might be disappointed that he didn´t have a 60 point rookie NHL season as a projected top 3 pick, but he will still be a very good player. So relax

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zadina\Good.trustme.exe

3jgplk.jpg

Anytime one Zagina-posts you are inevitably met with this same cookie-cutter hollow reaction:

"I don't understand this"
"But his age"

Followed by the evidence coping mechanisms:

"His shot thou"
"Showing signs"
"More right than wrong"
"Gaining confidence"
"Look at last game (1 game)"

No substance. No real examination. Just: "Trust me, Zadina man good"
And in response, no matter how much I deep dive into Zadina's play and dissect his game, the argument always follows this trajectory:

3jgs9o.jpg

So forgive me if I don't write another long wall of text on the subject. I know I'm not gonna get any critical analysis in return.

Those who have been in the Matrix for too long can't be brought back to the real world, and I understand and accept that now. It's all just so tiresome.

Zadina has been one of our best forwards the past few games, despite getting limited time with top six caliber players. If he hasn't been meeting your expectations, how high are your expectations? What are you really expecting from him at this point in his career? Small sample size, but he currently has a better points per game than Kotkaniemi and Tkachuk. He's been really good, and he will only continue to get better.

26 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Zadina has been one of our best forwards the past few games, despite getting limited time with top six caliber players. If he hasn't been meeting your expectations, how high are your expectations? What are you really expecting from him at this point in his career? Small sample size, but he currently has a better points per game than Kotkaniemi and Tkachuk. He's been really good, and he will only continue to get better.

Are trolling me by doing exactly what the meme said you would do?

I don't think he's been "really good" by any standard. There's been absolutely zero exciting elements to his game since he's been up. Got himself a few points playing with Fabbri, that's good, I like to see that. But I'm still hardly impressed by anything he does. That's Hudler out there.

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think he's been "really good" by any standard. There's been absolutely zero exciting elements to his game since he's been up. Got himself a few points playing with Fabbri, that's good, I like to see that. But I'm still hardly impressed by anything he does. That's Hudler out there.

Zadina has shown vast improvement in the parts of his game that he was previously criticized for. If his trajectory continues to go up, I think he turns out to be good.

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

:lol:

Zadina has 6 points in last 5 games...

Everyone: "That's really good"...

CRL and mackel: "What a bust"...

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's been one of our best players. Eye test says so. Standard stats say so. Fancy stats say so.

Y'all see Czechbro rollin'. Y'all hatin'.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

He's been one of our best players. Eye test says so. Standard stats say so. Fancy stats say so.

Unless you really, really hate to be wrong. Your eyes are going to see what you want them to see...

"ZaDiNa SuCkS"...

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Zadina has shown vast improvement in the parts of his game that he was previously criticized for. If his trajectory continues to go up, I think he turns out to be good.

I'll give credit where credit is due. His passing ability and awareness looks improved. He doesn't look as lost as he once did. There's still nothing WOW about his game. No dynamic IT factor. And for a sniper I do expect goals and sniping. We really have yet to see that supposed great skill he has on display. 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

:lol:

Zadina has 6 points in last 5 games...

Everyone: "That's really good"...

CRL and mackel: "What a bust"...

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Enjoy your moments in the sun. @mackel and I will be patient. Biding our time. Growing stronger. Watching. Waiting...

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Enjoy your moments in the sun. @mackel and I will be patient. Biding our time. Growing stronger. Watching. Waiting...

Fake News; it's been raining here for four straight days now. Well, ok, it snowed a bit yesterday. Point is, the sun has ghosted me. It's like Seattle, minus the rampant degeneracy and cultural decay and nose rings.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He also works hard, chases after the puck, and has developed into a 2 way player. He's not just a "pure scorer". He works at all parts of his game.

Thing is, he's always been a low-key solid two-way player and a low-key solid forechecker. I've been saying so since before we'd even drafted him. That's how I know mackel is straight trolling; saying Zadina doesn't play defense and cheats all over the place is like saying Tyler Bertuzzi is too soft.

15 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He also works hard, chases after the puck, and has developed into a 2 way player. He's not just a "pure scorer". He works at all parts of his game.

I've always heaped praise on him for this. He skates and back checks hard, never questioned his effort... he just doesn't always seem to know where to go... but that has improved a bit now, it's true. When he does find himself in the correct defensive position, his ability to steal the puck with his stick is actually really good, and that ability goes over-looked a lot I think. He just needs to put himself in situations to use that ability much more often.

So nice try, but my opinions go unchanged.

Next.  

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I've always heaped praise on him for this. He skates and back checks hard, never questioned his effort... he just doesn't always seem to know where to go... but that has improved a bit now, it's true. When he does find himself in the correct defensive position, his ability to steal the puck with his stick is actually really good, and that ability goes over-looked a lot I think. He just needs to put himself in situations to use that ability much more often.

So nice try, but my opinions go unchanged.

Next.  

I think Blashill has it right: Zadina isn't bigger than anyone and he isn't faster than anyone, so he's had to learn how to be smarter than everyone. That means creating offense in ways that are new to him and in some cases probably counterintuitive.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I think Blashill has it right: Zadina isn't bigger than anyone and he isn't faster than anyone, so he's had to learn how to be smarter than everyone. That means creating offense in ways that are new to him and in some cases probably counterintuitive.

Exactly. He's gonna need to be an incredibly creative and high IQ player to live up to his draft pedigree. I'll tell you when I see it.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Exactly. He's gonna need to be an incredibly creative and high IQ player to live up to his draft pedigree. I'll tell you when I see it.

Hopefully being forced to learn this lesson now will save him some future headaches and heartache at the NHL level. Larkin hit a brick wall and has had to work really hard at growing his game while also being a 1C on a bad NHL team. Took Datsyuk multiple NHL seasons to become *Datsyuk*. Took Tarasenko multiple NHL seasons to become *Tarasenko*. Took Franzen a couple years to become *The Mule*. Took Yzerman half his career to become *Two-Way Steve*. Cleary didn't put it all together until he'd basically crashed out of the league like a chump and was gifted a chance at redemption. Zetterberg couldn't do this when he was 20: