• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

Haven’t seen one yet on the fourthperiod site and with hall gone was thinking where AA might be on teams desired lists 

Forwards 

1 - Pageau 2 - kreider  3-  Toffoli 4 - Athanasiou  5 - Galchenyuk 6 - Simmonds 7 - Fast 

Maybe hoffman becomes available at some point and some players with term like glendening but with the weak ufa class id say thats pretty much it ? If AA can boost his numbers and move up he can be a real trade piece for us and hopefully fetch us something decent if we decided it was time 

Defence 

1- green 2- vatanen 3- gustafsson 4- scandella  5- hainsey 

Probably being a homer and hoping teams will see past this season and see he can be the potential 40 pt dman hes been in the right circumstance

Maybe guys like tanev,hamonic,and brodie become available at some point

goalies

1- crawford 2- lehner 3- howard 4- elliott

thats pretty much all i see for this deadline class unless you guys think im missing a few guys , seems like a very weak year and could have been a good year for us to be selling

On Howard what do we do with him??  Conditioning in GR, then what?  I'd like to see more of Comrie... he may be something he may not but on age alone he's worth hanging on to over Howard...  Could we truely embrace the tank and trade Bernier?

AA is not being traded. He's a 30 goal scorer having a bad season mostly because of who Blashill plays him with. You don't just trade away one of your best scorers because of 1 season. 

and I agree, none of our UFA's will garner any interest. If we could dump Nielsen and Helm, that would be a great TDL.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Sorry, but there really aren't any pending UFAs on this team that anyone will really want. Green, Daley, and Howard will garner 0 interest. And the return for AA wouldnt be worth it.

Was trying to see the best available players around the league in general .... if AA is playing like he was last year youd have to think hed be #1 or #2 , hes not but i still think hed habe value + he wouldnt just be a rental 

as for green im not expecting a high return but youd have to think unless teams make other guys available he’d have to be near the top if teams are looking for offensive dmen. The ufa crop is pretty bad this year 

howard i can see being moved if a team is looking for assurance , colorado for instance has been amazing but do you really wanna risk going into the playoffs with that tandem?i can see them getting an assurance goalie or someone else 

anyways we won’t be getting 1sts and top prospects for our ufa’s but at this point id sell anything i can

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

AA is not being traded.

why do you think that he would be on the block if he was playing like last year? the guy is one of our best scorers. if he was playing like last season he'd be leading our team, why in earth would he be on the block?

Because he's due a pay raise. He has a history of holding out. And it appears last year was the anomaly, not the norm.

That said, I dont trade him at the TDL. I wait until after the season after bringing up some of the kids to see what we have at F going forward and who we get in the draft.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Because he's due a pay raise. He has a history of holding out. And it appears last year was the anomaly, not the norm.

That said, I dont trade him at the TDL. I wait until after the season after bringing up some of the kids to see what we have at F going forward and who we get in the draft.

My core right now that I don't break up is: Larkin/Fabbri/Bertuzzi/Mantha/Hronek anybody after that is available. Thinking specifically of roster players here.

30 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

AA is not being traded.

why do you think that he would be on the block if he was playing like last year? the guy is one of our best scorers. if he was playing like last season he'd be leading our team, why in earth would he be on the block?

Because we’re a rebuilding team and he’s our best trade asset that we’s be willing to trade imo,cant see us trading mantha,larkin,bertuzzi + we gave a ton of kids coming up in zadina,veleno,rasmussen etc... all fighting for top 6 spots + fabbri who’s on a high atm 

just wont be enough spots in the top 6 for AA if your being honest with yourself . I suggested trading him last year when he was on a high but was told how dumb i was 

Got no problem holding on to AA to get his numbers up next year before trying to trade him if we dont get what we want but i cant see any possiblity of him being here in 2 years 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

AA is not being traded. He's a 30 goal scorer having a bad season mostly because of who Blashill plays him with. You don't just trade away one of your best scorers because of 1 season. 

and I agree, none of our UFA's will garner any interest. If we could dump Nielsen and Helm, that would be a great TDL.

AA is gonna get traded because his overall game is garbage. He doesn't play winning hockey. He plays lower in the lineup because he hasn't earned playing in the top 6. He is garbage without the puck. He doesn't make his teammates better. He will be traded. Looking forward to the meltdown!

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

AA is gonna get traded because his overall game is garbage. He doesn't play winning hockey. He plays lower in the lineup because he hasn't earned playing in the top 6. He is garbage without the puck. He doesn't make his teammates better. He will be traded. Looking forward to the meltdown!

you seem to know a lot of facts about him. Professional NHL scouts see him quite differently, maybe you should make a phone call and bring them up to speed.

30 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

you seem to know a lot of facts about him. Professional NHL scouts see him quite differently, maybe you should make a phone call and bring them up to speed.

Oh believe me, they already know. Remember that when you see the return for him when he is traded this summer. 

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'll say it again: Anyone not named Larkin, Fabbri, Bertuzzi, Mantha, or Hronek should be made available for trade. If we can get a good return for AA at the TDL or draft pull the trigger. Could bring that extra pick we need for the goalie...

Seider sad

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Oh believe me, they already know. Remember that when you see the return for him when he is traded this summer. 

Only if its a trade worth making though got no problem hanging on to him one more year as im not sure veleno will be ready to be on the team next season , get AA’s numbers up and sell high but 110% certain he doesnt have a longterm future in detroit 

33 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Only if its a trade worth making though got no problem hanging on to him one more year as im not sure veleno will be ready to be on the team next season , get AA’s numbers up and sell high but 110% certain he doesnt have a longterm future in detroit 

To be honest, not sure the inevitable contract dispute will be worth it. Could very well be Drouin part 2, minus the whole getting sent to the AHL thing.

I expect Ras and Veleno to be good to go full time next season. If we land a top 2 draft pick, we'll automatically be a better team next season without AA. I just wouldn't go expecting anything like a first rounder for him is all. Anyone expecting that will likely be disappointed.