• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

49 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

To be honest, not sure the inevitable contract dispute will be worth it. Could very well be Drouin part 2, minus the whole getting sent to the AHL thing.

I expect Ras and Veleno to be good to go full time next season. If we land a top 2 draft pick, we'll automatically be a better team next season without AA. I just wouldn't go expecting anything like a first rounder for him is all. Anyone expecting that will likely be disappointed.  

He won’t much to argue , if he gets 10-15 goals wtf could he realistically demand? I’d have no problem giving him something like 3.5-4.25 max depending if its a 1 or 2 year deal but He can’t go in demanding 5-7 mill x6/7 with say a 13 goal season , i would do something like that easily than say trade him for the 57th pick next draft

i think rasmussen will be up fulltime, id love veleno to be but he hasn’t been dominating the ahl from what i can tell so wouldnt surprise me if he starts there + we sadly have a ton of mediocre players still here to get rid of (perlini,erne,ehn,helm,glendening.nielsen,abdelkader,filppula) + guys fighting for spots in svechnikov,hirose,smith,pearson + 1/2 pick if we get luckly like you said

yzerman definetly has to work some magic and get rid of deadweight which we have too much of so wouldnt surpise me to see veleno start down next season

as for AA at this point in time no we won’t get a 1st, would we last season?id say yes so rather than giving him away for a mediocre return id hang on to him and play him top 6 cause i do think he’s got the tools to rack up the points , id personally put him top line with larkin and bertuzzi till trade deadline and hope he goes on tear like fabbri has 

there’s 28 games till the deadline  if he goes off for say 12 goals id say we can get a great return, i know 12’s asking alot at this point but i think we just need to feed him linemates and ice time and increase his value  , we aint gonna win s*** so might as well

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Glendening is not a guy this team is gonna get rid of. He is quite needed. Helm will have suitors whether it be this deadline or next. 

Flip was signed as a stop gap. Not sure why you're so anxious to get rid of him. He's on a short term deal, not hurting in any way. The only problem contracts are Nielsen and Abby. That's literally it. The dead weight on D are all on expiring deals themselves.

Perlini, Ehn, and Erne are all RFA guys who cost almost nothing. They will be kept around to create camp competition for younger players. 

Putting AA on the top line will just make the top line worse. He's done nothing to earn such ice time. 

I think these are the building blocks we have:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Rasmussen - Zadina
Veleno

Hronek - Seider

No one in net

Honorable mentions: Svechnikov, Athanasiou

I definitely think we can afford to shed forward depth, the net and D could both still use adding to.

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Veleno

Hronek - Seider

No one in net

I definitely think we can afford to shed forward depth, the net and D could both still use adding to.

Absolutely. No doubt a few of these spots need to be filled with reliable vets. Key word, reliable. I like the idea of keeping disney.com around for the fourth line. Would love to see someone like Krug to help on the blue line. I also feel like UFA can keep things going in net for the time being. If Smith keeps working hard over the summer like he has been, he can be a nice fixture in the bottom 6 as well. Also, hopefully McIssac pans out! Hoping he has a big showing at the WJC. 

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Absolutely. No doubt a few of these spots need to be filled with reliable vets. Key word, reliable. I like the idea of keeping disney.com around for the fourth line. Would love to see someone like Krug to help on the blue line. I also feel like UFA can keep things going in net for the time being. If Smith keeps working hard over the summer like he has been, he can be a nice fixture in the bottom 6 as well. Also, hopefully McIssac pans out! Hoping he has a big showing at the WJC. 

I think we have to assume we're not getting Krug. Assuming we are is like everyone getting their hopes up for Trouba last year.

I think we need to draft another solid defensive building block, and either draft a premier goalie prospect or start throwing s*** at the walls there

Oh I don't think we will be any means, it would just be lovely. But at some point we DO have to add a good veteran dman who can contribute. Krug would be a nice target because of his resume. 

We do also absolutely need a superstar forward. We have a lot of really good forward depth, but we need a game changer up there with them. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Glendening is not a guy this team is gonna get rid of. He is quite needed. Helm will have suitors whether it be this deadline or next. 

Flip was signed as a stop gap. Not sure why you're so anxious to get rid of him. He's on a short term deal, not hurting in any way. The only problem contracts are Nielsen and Abby. That's literally it. The dead weight on D are all on expiring deals themselves.

Perlini, Ehn, and Erne are all RFA guys who cost almost nothing. They will be kept around to create camp competition for younger players. 

Putting AA on the top line will just make the top line worse. He's done nothing to earn such ice time. 

Id get rid of glendening if a team say offered a 2nd but im not actively shopping him at this point, as for helm hes making almost 4? We’d have to eat 50% and take a s***ty pick back or give like a 4/5 as well 

Im not anxious to get rid of filppula since there’s alot more bodies ahead of him to be moved but if a team comes knocking and offers a decent return we’d have to consider doing it (same with nemeth) 

Trying to increase AA’s trade value is what the goal should be if we’re considering trading him cause getting a 57th pick back would be pointless,he hasnt been great no doubt but he’s got the tools to turn it around and rack up the points , we saw it last season

And if we continue to lose with him on the top line how does it make it worse? Last i checked the devils aren’t that far behind and as much as i want a 1/2 pick next draft i want at the very least to guarantee myself to get in the top 4  and get a raymond/askarov  so nothing to lose imo

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Id get rid of glendening if a team say offered a 2nd but im not actively shopping him at this point, as for helm hes making almost 4? We’d have to eat 50% and take a s***ty pick back or give like a 4/5 as well 

I'd keep Glendening over a second. We need reliable vets during the rebuild! If any salary is ever retained on a Helm trade, it'll be because the team after him is low on cap or Yzerman wants to get more back. Helm has value, despite what you think. Why would we take a s*** contract back to dump Helm? We would be better off just keeping Helm... He's a good bottom 6 guy.

Im not anxious to get rid of filppula since there’s alot more bodies ahead of him to be moved but if a team comes knocking and offers a decent return we’d have to consider doing it (same with nemeth) 

Flip is around for a reason. Soonest he'd be traded is next year's deadline. Same goes for Nemeth. Nobody is gonna come up with an offer Yzerman cannot refuse for these players.

Trying to increase AA’s trade value is what the goal should be if we’re considering trading him cause getting a 57th pick back would be pointless,he hasnt been great no doubt but he’s got the tools to turn it around and rack up the points , we saw it last season

His toolset is speed and cherry picking. It worked last season, but the book is out on the guy now. He just isn't as good as you think he is. A mid-prospect and a pick is probably the best we could hope for him. Giving him more ice time on the first line will just expose how bad he is. If you want to increase his value, keep playing him in protected minutes and hope he heats up. Don't drag Larkin and Bert down. 

And if we continue to lose with him on the top line how does it make it worse? Last i checked the devils aren’t that far behind and as much as i want a 1/2 pick next draft i want at the very least to guarantee myself to get in the top 4  and get a raymond/askarov  so nothing to lose imo

Development is key to this season. Playing AA with our best players comes at the expense of someone like Mantha, Zadina, or Fabbri. You don't hinder development of the good players to try and hype up the inevitable odd man out. 

11 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'd keep Glendening over a second. We need reliable vets during the rebuild! If any salary is ever retained on a Helm trade, it'll be because the team after him is low on cap or Yzerman wants to get more back. Helm has value, despite what you think. Why would we take a s*** contract back to dump Helm? We would be better off just keeping Helm... He's a good bottom 6 guy.

Flip is around for a reason. Soonest he'd be traded is next year's deadline. Same goes for Nemeth. Nobody is gonna come up with an offer Yzerman cannot refuse for these players.

His toolset is speed and cherry picking. It worked last season, but the book is out on the guy now. He just isn't as good as you think he is. A mid-prospect and a pick is probably the best we could hope for him. Giving him more ice time on the first line will just expose how bad he is. If you want to increase his value, keep playing him in protected minutes and hope he heats up. Don't drag Larkin and Bert down. 

Development is key to this season. Playing AA with our best players comes at the expense of someone like Mantha, Zadina, or Fabbri. You don't hinder development of the good players to try and hype up the inevitable odd man out. 

I agree we need vets but if we can get a 2nd for what should be a 4th line guy on most teams we have to do it imo, and by the time this team is ready guys like mantha,larkin,bert will be the veterans ... as for helm you can think he has value but no one will pay him 4 million , we’d have to retain $

Hey i got s*** last season for suggesting trading him after his 30 goal season and selling high so im not super high on AA i just think he’s capable of putting up alot better numbers than he has this year, hasn’t helped him he’s been playing with guys wth zero skill on his line. If we get a mid prospect and say a 3rd as our best offer id retain his services going into next season ... i don’t think he’d negatively impact mantha/bert/lark ... he might zadina cause he’s still young and i dont even wanna go into fabbri lol

anyways we’ll see what happens between now and the trade deadline

I agree we need vets but if we can get a 2nd for what should be a 4th line guy on most teams we have to do it imo, and by the time this team is ready guys like mantha,larkin,bert will be the veterans ... as for helm you can think he has value but no one will pay him 4 million , we’d have to retain $

Hey i got s*** last season for suggesting trading him after his 30 goal season and selling high so im not super high on AA i just think he’s capable of putting up alot better numbers than he has this year, hasn’t helped him he’s been playing with guys wth zero skill on his line. If we get a mid prospect and say a 3rd as our best offer id retain his services going into next season ... i don’t think he’d negatively impact mantha/bert/lark ... he might zadina cause he’s still young and i dont even wanna go into fabbri lol

anyways we’ll see what happens between now and the trade deadline

Helm would be a valuable player in the bottom 6 of most contenders. Any salary retention would not be due to Helm's value in a trade, but rather cap logistic. 

I'd also take a few more seasons with Glendening over what would likely be a very late second rounder any day. A workhorse who is great on faceoffs, plays extremely well without the puck, puts up some points, and can temporarily move up the lineup on an emergency basis. Unless we're getting a late first or early second for him, I'd say he stays. We'd have beaten Tampa in game 7 that year if he didn't get hurt.  

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Veleno

Hronek - Seider

No one in net

You give Svech an honorable mention over Zadina? C'mon ur not really that Zadi- no, are u?

39 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Helm would be a valuable player in the bottom 6 of most contenders. Any salary retention would not be due to Helm's value in a trade, but rather cap logistic. 

I'd also take a few more seasons with Glendening over what would likely be a very late second rounder any day. A workhorse who is great on faceoffs, plays extremely well without the puck, puts up some points, and can temporarily move up the lineup on an emergency basis. Unless we're getting a late first or early second for him, I'd say he stays. We'd have beaten Tampa in game 7 that year if he didn't get hurt.  

Well when a bottom line guy is making 4 million a year that will undoubtedly effect the trade value we’d get back, even at 2 million for helm i’d say we’d be forunate to land a 3rd rounder

Well only way we get an early second for him would have to be a bottom team which i dont see happening , late first(which i can’t see a team ever doing) or late second seems to be the best possible scenario involving a draft pick , you wouldn’t do it and thats fine but i think we’d be foolish not to accept it with having an abundance of bottom line guys and guys like smith,pearson knocking at the door soon

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well when a bottom line guy is making 4 million a year that will undoubtedly effect the trade value we’d get back, even at 2 million for helm i’d say we’d be forunate to land a 3rd rounder

Well only way we get an early second for him would have to be a bottom team which i dont see happening , late first(which i can’t see a team ever doing) or late second seems to be the best possible scenario involving a draft pick , you wouldn’t do it and thats fine but i think we’d be foolish not to accept it with having an abundance of bottom line guys and guys like smith,pearson knocking at the door soon

Once again, you seem to want to depend on the youth too much. Still need a blend of veteran players! This is why the Oilers s*** the rebuild bed for so many years. Throw all the kids in the NHL, they'll figure it out. 

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Prob the most depressing thing about this season is how little this team has to offer at the deadline. If there was ever a team that needed two first rounders......

Tell me about it f*** , if only this was mike green from 3 years ago and didn’t get hurt every season lol , this was definetly the year to rack up 1sts man .... maybe bundle a few guys to the caps or serious cup contenders who might be more inclined to making a move 

What pisses me off is someone like the devils and sens can potentially end up with #1 and #2 ... if the sens somehow got lafreniere and byfield to go with tkachuk,chabot,branstromm etc... we’d be f***ed for a very long time

Just now, marcaractac said:

Once again, you seem to want to depend on the youth too much. Still need a blend of veteran players! This is why the Oilers s*** the rebuild bed for so many years. Throw all the kids in the NHL, they'll figure it out. 

It’s not the same they we’re throwing in 18 year old kids , smith and pearson will be 22 i believe or 23? + we have a ton of bottom line guys , we can easily hold on to nielsen (not like we’ll have a choice)  + there’s always free agency or trade  ... if someone offers a 55th pick for a 4th line guy i dont know how you can say no , you don’t agree and that’s cool 

+ as i stated when we’re ready to compete in 2-3 years guys like mantha and larkin will be 25-27, last i checked colorado don’t have a ton of veterans leading the way and they seem to be doing ok

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Tell me about it f*** , if only this was mike green from 3 years ago and didn’t get hurt every season lol , this was definetly the year to rack up 1sts man .... maybe bundle a few guys to the caps or serious cup contenders who might be more inclined to making a move 

What pisses me off is someone like the devils and sens can potentially end up with #1 and #2 ... if the sens somehow got lafreniere and byfield to go with tkachuk,chabot,branstromm etc... we’d be f***ed for a very long time

It’s not the same they we’re throwing in 18 year old kids , smith and pearson will be 22 i believe or 23? + we have a ton of bottom line guys , we can easily hold on to nielsen (not like we’ll have a choice)  + there’s always free agency or trade  ... if someone offers a 55th pick for a 4th line guy i dont know how you can say no , you don’t agree and that’s cool 

+ as i stated when we’re ready to compete in 2-3 years guys like mantha and larkin will be 25-27, last i checked colorado don’t have a ton of veterans leading the way and they seem to be doing ok

We need GOOD veteran players....

Look at how badly this team got blown out every night while Glenny was out. He's key to development, whether you realize it or not. It's not worth giving up a late 2nd round pick for. 

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

We need GOOD veteran players....

Look at how badly this team got blown out every night while Glenny was out. He's key to development, whether you realize it or not. It's not worth giving up a late 2nd round pick for. 

Ok so glendening is the sole reason we get blown out and when he’s in we don’t? Come on man lol your entitled to your own opinion you wanna keep the guy all good but don’t exaggerate s*** 

You don’t agree with me cool at the end of the day yzerman will make that call if it would ever happen , we both differ on what we’d like to think he’d do 

30 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

NyqFuture would ice an all sub 23 team if he could

"Zetterberg is almost 30, we need to trade him now while he still has value"

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

AA is on pace for a 40 pt season, that's not all that bad if you're willing to look past the fact that he's on pace to be -90

Unless he demands a trade Stevie might be able to lock him up on a 2x2 or a 3x2.

I think AA will want 2 years because that will take him to UFA.

I'm new to hockey.  Is that bad?  

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Veleno

Hronek - Seider

No one in net

That's pretty grim, TBH.  What other team has such pathetic building blocks?  

23 hours ago, mackel said:

On Howard what do we do with him??  Conditioning in GR, then what?  I'd like to see more of Comrie... he may be something he may not but on age alone he's worth hanging on to over Howard...  Could we truely embrace the tank and trade Bernier?

22 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

AA is not being traded.

why do you think that he would be on the block if he was playing like last year? the guy is one of our best scorers. if he was playing like last season he'd be leading our team, why in earth would he be on the block?

Nah, Bernier isn't injury prone. He sucks, but he's in better shape than Howard. If anything you trade/waive Howard and roll with Bernier and Comrie. 

I agree, AA should not be traded. If anyone is moved at the deadline it should be a vet with an expiring contract headed for UFA, but i don't see any interest in them. Nielson i'd love to see get moved but no ones taking on that contract.