• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I personally don't have any interest in trading for a defenseman that is a "complete disaster defensively"... Similar reason I had no interest in signing Karlsson to that massive contract last offseason.

Well it seems we were on the same page about Karlsson.  Lol

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think any of our trade pieces will garner anything more than a 3rd round pick, including Green. Daley might get a mid round pick if we retain salary. Same goes for Helm. I don't think Howard has any value right now. There will better goalies available. I'd hold onto Glendening and Nemeth for now, unless a team is willing to overpay. 

I'd be 100% in favor or trading Bernier if a team cam calling.  Howard/_______ to end the season with the best lotto odds.

19 minutes ago, mackel said:

Well it seems we were on the same page about Karlsson.  Lol

Yeah, we've agreed plenty over the years. We'll just never be on the same page with Zadina...

15 minutes ago, mackel said:

I'd be 100% in favor or trading Bernier if a team cam calling.  Howard/_______ to end the season with the best lotto odds.

I don't know. It would depend on the price for me. Howard isn't a quality starter anymore, and we have zero goaltending depth in the organization. I'm all for the "tank", but I still want to be at least somewhat competitive. Losing every game 5-1, 6-2 can be detrimental to the development of the kids. If a team is willing to overpay with a late 1st / early 2nd, I'd consider it. Otherwise, I'd hold onto Bernier for another season.

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think any of our trade pieces will garner anything more than a 3rd round pick, including Green. Daley might get a mid round pick if we retain salary. Same goes for Helm. I don't think Howard has any value right now. There will better goalies available. I'd hold onto Glendening and Nemeth for now, unless a team is willing to overpay. 

Your probably right but im gonna hold out hope for green, maybe a cup contender is willing to throw in that late second expecting his game to change on a new team which i think it would , hes been of late a 35pt dman and again, everyones #’s are pretty much down the drain this year so maybe some team see’s past is especially since hes a veteran dman ( Caps,knights come to mind) Maybe im just niave 

whats over pay for glendening and nemeth? For me someone sens a 2nd and shipping them off and look to sign someone in the off season . Maybe try and get alzner from the habs for a 2nd and send him down or eat 50% and ship him off to a team ?Has to be a bad contract we can take on for a year or two and get some picks(still pissed we didnt get that 1st from the leafs for marleau instead of the canes) 

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, we've agreed plenty over the years. We'll just never be on the same page with Zadina...

I don't know. It would depend on the price for me. Howard isn't a quality starter anymore, and we have zero goaltending depth in the organization. I'm all for the "tank", but I still want to be at least somewhat competitive. Losing every game 5-1, 6-2 can be detrimental to the development of the kids. If a team is willing to overpay with a late 1st / early 2nd, I'd consider it. Otherwise, I'd hold onto Bernier for another season.

0% chance we land a 1st for bernier ...  i wouldnt be too worried about looking somewhat competitive this season , someone sends a 2nd for bernier hes gone and we continue the tank and try and get ready for next season

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

whats over pay for glendening and nemeth? For me someone sens a 2nd and shipping them off and look to sign someone in the off season . Maybe try and get alzner from the habs for a 2nd and send him down or eat 50% and ship him off to a team ?Has to be a bad contract we can take on for a year or two and get some picks(still pissed we didnt get that 1st from the leafs for marleau instead of the canes) 

Yeah, I'd probably do a 2nd for Glendening or Nemeth.

I'm all for taking on a bad contract for assets. Boston might want to add a bit of depth at the deadline, but have no cap space. Maybe we could help them out and take Backes (1 year remaining at $6M). Not sure what kind of return we could get, but maybe their 1st would be on the table...

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I think most here were against signing Karlsson. It would've been a bad signing for multiple reasons.

Never say never we might... I concede it's not overly likely but its possible. 

57 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm all for taking on a bad contract for assets. Boston might want to add a bit of depth at the deadline, but have no cap space. Maybe we could help them out and take Backes (1 year remaining at $6M). Not sure what kind of return we could get, but maybe their 1st would be on the table...

I think taking bad contracts is a very viable option... that helped Toronto stock the cupboards.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I think most here were against signing Karlsson. It would've been a bad signing for multiple reasons.

Their were a few people who were adamant adding Karlsson would put us in the playoff picture along with further development of our own guys and Taro Hirose looked like a 2nd liner etc.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I would do it in a heartbeat but i think we f***ed up our chancw with marleau , the leafs were f***ed with deals they had to make and had no choice , bruins have 17 mill and just krug to sign so id be shocked if they dealt a 1st for one year of backes 

23 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I would do it in a heartbeat but i think we f***ed up our chancw with marleau , the leafs were f***ed with deals they had to make and had no choice , bruins have 17 mill and just krug to sign so id be shocked if they dealt a 1st for one year of backes 

I'm talking about this season, at the deadline. They have no cap space. If they want to add anyone to go on a playoff run, they can't, unless they shed a player or two. Backes could be a good trade target for us this season. I doubt this trade specifically happens, but this is the type of trade I'd like to see Yzerman make. Otherwise, I don't see us gaining any more high (1st/2nd) round picks at the deadline...

11 hours ago, kipwinger said:

The Athletic has him on their trade board because NY is stacked on defense, they need help up front, and he's a completely disaster defensively.  Like, really bad.  Which is why I think something like AA and a higher end pick gets it done.

Keep in mind, Jacob Trouba was traded to NY for a middle pair defenseman (Neal Pionk) and a first round pick and Trouba is pretty easily a better all around defenseman.  So I'd say the price is pretty close.

I mean, *I'd* be ok with that deal, I guess. I just figure Gorton would want more than a defensively suspect middle-six goal-scoring winger who isn't scoring goals this season...and a 2nd. I could be wrong tho.

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:I'm talking about this season, at the deadline. They have no cap space. If they want to add anyone to go on a playoff run, they can't, unless they shed a player or two. Backes could be a good trade target for us this season. I doubt this trade specifically happens, but this is the type of trade I'd like to see Yzerman make. Otherwise, I don't see us gaining any more high (1st/2nd) round picks at the deadline...

Ya maybe if thats the case theyd do it i just think its a different circumstance than the leafs , i jjst checked and they have like 1.1 on ltir so im guessing for instance if we ate like 50% off AA and they buried someone or traded a cheap contract  that might be a move theyd make without us having to take on backes

Backes + 1st for 50% AA for example  would that be enough for example?i still believe in AA so i still believe hed bounce back next year and wed be able to land a top pick in 2021 without having to take backes 

People  here probably know i wanted us to draft lauko by now but i doubt the bruins would add him in , maybe one of those 2 busts so far when they drafted 3 straight in the 1st can be added?probably wont amount to anything but why not

what are your thoughts about karl alzner?2 more years left , if we can land a 2nd from mtl id do it and just bury the guy or tell mtl to pay off like 500k and then offer to pay 50% to some team for another pick or just bury him and be done with it

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya maybe if thats the case theyd do it i just think its a different circumstance than the leafs , i jjst checked and they have like 1.1 on ltir so im guessing for instance if we ate like 50% off AA and they buried someone or traded a cheap contract  that might be a move theyd make without us having to take on backes

I don't see any harm in us taking on a year of Backes, if it gets us a high quality asset. We have plenty of cap space going into next season.

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Backes + 1st for 50% AA for example  would that be enough for example?i still believe in AA so i still believe hed bounce back next year and wed be able to land a top pick in 2021 without having to take backes 

I think that's overpayment on our end. If we're taking Backes, I'd want their 1st, or 2nd plus, for our 3rd and a throw in prospect. Giving up Athanasiou, and retaining 50% of his cap hit would be a terrible deal in my opinion.

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

People  here probably know i wanted us to draft lauko by now but i doubt the bruins would add him in , maybe one of those 2 busts so far when they drafted 3 straight in the 1st can be added?probably wont amount to anything but why not

Wouldn't you be the first one to complain if we went after another project player?

38 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't see any harm in us taking on a year of Backes, if it gets us a high quality asset. We have plenty of cap space going into next season.

I think that's overpayment on our end. If we're taking Backes, I'd want their 1st, or 2nd plus, for our 3rd and a throw in prospect. Giving up Athanasiou, and retaining 50% of his cap hit would be a terrible deal in my opinion.

Wouldn't you be the first one to complain if we went after another project player?

Id take backes in a second if it meant us getting another 1st + it would almost guarantee we trade helm for another pick (surely cant go into next season with helm,backes,nielsen,filppula,abdelkader , although it would guarantee us last place probably if thats stevies plan) 

I agree it would be an overpayment which is why i was trying to throw in an extra asset , cant see them dealing both 1st and 2nd , but maybe ... and yes i dont like project players who i believe for the most part have had enough chances , id love lauko in the deal but i dont think bruins give him up . I think senshyn and zboril are both busts and meaningless pick ups but i was just looking from extra throw in 

I cant see bruins doing backes +1st +2nd for AA + salary retention , i dont know id love backes +1st for something like glendening and then we can try and land a 1st for AA as well? I wouldnt even know if the bruins would want any if our guys , surely if they trade backes and a 1st theyd want that deal to result in a significant asset coming back and not like the marleau deal

any thoughts on a karl alzner acquisition and then demoting him?

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Id take backes in a second if it meant us getting another 1st + it would almost guarantee we trade helm for another pick (surely cant go into next season with helm,backes,nielsen,filppula,abdelkader , although it would guarantee us last place probably if thats stevies plan) 

I agree it would be an overpayment which is why i was trying to throw in an extra asset , cant see them dealing both 1st and 2nd , but maybe ... and yes i dont like project players who i believe for the most part have had enough chances , id love lauko in the deal but i dont think bruins give him up . I think senshyn and zboril are both busts and meaningless pick ups but i was just looking from extra throw in 

I cant see bruins doing backes +1st +2nd for AA + salary retention , i dont know id love backes +1st for something like glendening and then we can try and land a 1st for AA as well? I wouldnt even know if the bruins would want any if our guys , surely if they trade backes and a 1st theyd want that deal to result in a significant asset coming back and not like the marleau deal

any thoughts on a karl alzner acquisition and then demoting him?

Where are you getting the "1st +" and "1st and 2nd" from? I said I'd want a 1st OR 2nd plus for taking on Backes, in exchange for a 3rd round pick.

I don't know much about Lauko, but just looking at his stats this season, he looks like he could be a good pickup.

I don't expect the Bruins would have much interest in many of our guys, which is why I'd offer them a pick. I wouldn't include Athanasiou in any Backes (or other salary dump) trade.

I'd take Alzner, and wouldn't even necessarily demote him. Alzner has fallen off quite a bit, but still probably an upgrade over Biega / Lashoff / McIlrath...

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Where are you getting the "1st +" and "1st and 2nd" from? I said I'd want a 1st OR 2nd plus for taking on Backes, in exchange for a 3rd round pick.

I don't know much about Lauko, but just looking at his stats this season, he looks like he could be a good pickup.

I don't expect the Bruins would have much interest in many of our guys, which is why I'd offer them a pick. I wouldn't include Athanasiou in any Backes (or other salary dump) trade.

I'd take Alzner, and wouldn't even necessarily demote him. Alzner has fallen off quite a bit, but still probably an upgrade over Biega / Lashoff / McIlrath...

Im sorry my bad read it too fast ... backes +2nd rounder and an extra asset for a 3rd? Why give up the 3rd? Mtl got armia + and gave up rene bourque , id rather hang on to our 3rd and not take backes to move up what 10 spots?

Ya i just really wanted lauko in that draft badly as much as fagemo last draft , an well win some lose some . We always say never draft by need and get best player but i think after years of holland ******* us up stevie was determined to fix our d position last draft and i really hope it works out 

umm none of those 3 guys were on the team on day 1 haha , hes making 3.5 i think , if we can get the habs to eat 500 k then move him at 50% paid and basically add a 2nd and 5th to eat salary i think its something we have to do 

outside of backes and alzner i cant think of anyone else teams would wanna part with to shed salary .(forget eriksson and lucic those deals are just ridiclous )

26 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Im sorry my bad read it too fast ... backes +2nd rounder and an extra asset for a 3rd? Why give up the 3rd? Mtl got armia + and gave up rene bourque , id rather hang on to our 3rd and not take backes to move up what 10 spots?

Ya i just really wanted lauko in that draft badly as much as fagemo last draft , an well win some lose some . We always say never draft by need and get best player but i think after years of holland ******* us up stevie was determined to fix our d position last draft and i really hope it works out 

umm none of those 3 guys were on the team on day 1 haha , hes making 3.5 i think , if we can get the habs to eat 500 k then move him at 50% paid and basically add a 2nd and 5th to eat salary i think its something we have to do 

outside of backes and alzner i cant think of anyone else teams would wanna part with to shed salary .(forget eriksson and lucic those deals are just ridiclous )

Again, I said a 1st, or a 2nd plus. Getting a 1st in exchange for a 3rd would be huge. Getting a 2nd plus a prospect in exchange for a 3rd would also be huge. That prospect could even be that Lauko kid...

I don't see the point in getting the Habs to retain $500K, but yeah, I'd take Alzner.

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Throw in Glenny and that's a pretty good bottom 6 actually.

Helm-Filppula-Backes

Abby-Nielsen-Glenny

No complaints there.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Again, I said a 1st, or a 2nd plus. Getting a 1st in exchange for a 3rd would be huge. Getting a 2nd plus a prospect in exchange for a 3rd would also be huge. That prospect could even be that Lauko kid...

I don't see the point in getting the Habs to retain $500K, but yeah, I'd take Alzner.

Would be nice but i doubt they’d be looking to trade lauko . Outside of him and beecher i think thats all they have coming up front . But yes adding 1sts/2nds for backes/alzner or whatever else we can do should be our #1 priority 

Our best draft in a long time was when we had 4 picks 2 years ago in like the top 35 . We need to add a few more picks in the top 60 somehow to speed this up 

33 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Throw in Glenny and that's a pretty good bottom 6 actually.

Helm-Filppula-Backes

Abby-Nielsen-Glenny

No complaints there.

Good bottom 6 seven years ago

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Would be nice but i doubt they’d be looking to trade lauko . Outside of him and beecher i think thats all they have coming up front . But yes adding 1sts/2nds for backes/alzner or whatever else we can do should be our #1 priority 

Our best draft in a long time was when we had 4 picks 2 years ago in like the top 35 . We need to add a few more picks in the top 60 somehow to speed this up 

Good bottom 6 seven years ago

Considering 3 of them were playing in the top six 7 years ago, then yeah, that would be a really good bottom 6. If Yzerman didnt think they were worthy to play in the bottom 6, they wouldnt be there. They're all capable bottom 6 forwards.