• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Bottom line player now , and he might be a Great mentor , for league minimum  ....jonathan ericsson is a cup winner , lets see how many people come knocking next month 

And i dont know why your bringing glendening into this lol He was never mentioned with those 2 , its ok we have so many 4th line guys on this team i can see someone getting mixed up with the players 

Dude played 8 games the season the Wings won the cup. He was nothing more than a black ace that playoff run. He is not a cup winner. His name is not even on it.

Edited by marcaractac

22 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Dude played 8 games the season the Wings won the cup. He was nothing more than a black ace that playoff run. He is not a cup winner. His name is not even on it.

Trevor daley then , point was trying to make was just cause your a cup winner doesnt mean teams will automatically be chasing after 

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Trevor daley then , point was trying to make was just cause your a cup winner doesnt mean teams will automatically be chasing after 

I guess this makes Ericsson even less appealing than you initially thought.

Daley or Green may be fine depth additions to a contender, where they can play sheltered minutes and get used mainly on the pp. Or just be veteran 7th dmen to fill in during injuries down the stretch *cough*toronto*cough*. 

21 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I guess this makes Ericsson even less appealing than you initially thought.

Daley or Green may be fine depth additions to a contender, where they can play sheltered minutes and get used mainly on the pp. Or just be veteran 7th dmen to fill in during injuries down the stretch *cough*toronto*cough*. 

Ya just sucks f*** , start if the year was hoping for at least some 3rds for those guys but they been absolute s*** , just hoping some cup contending team could see some value for green on a 2nd ppl unit and we can get a 3rd at least.

For a team last spot by a landslide we got f*** all to offer on deadline day compared to ottawa who might add a 3rd first by trading a pagueau ? Hope we rectify this for next deadline and get some players july 1 to one year deals 

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya just sucks f*** , start if the year was hoping for at least some 3rds for those guys but they been absolute s*** , just hoping some cup contending team could see some value for green on a 2nd ppl unit and we can get a 3rd at least.

For a team last spot by a landslide we got f*** all to offer on deadline day compared to ottawa who might add a 3rd first by trading a pagueau ? Hope we rectify this for next deadline and get some players july 1 to one year deals 

Yzerman seems to have no issue with this team being god-awful forever. So why not target a few fringe wildcard teams in the West

Mantha to Vegas for a 2020 1st 

AA to Chicago for a 2020 1st

Larkin to Vancouver for a 2020 1st a 2021 2nd and Thatcher Demko 

Rekt

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yzerman seems to have no issue with this team being god-awful forever. So why not target a few fringe wildcard teams in the West

Rekt

Sounds like a plan 

Given that AA has pretty low trade value, and Robby Fabbri has played pretty well, if I'm Yzerman I'm taking calls on Fabbri at the deadline as well.  Long term you need to keep one of the two, and Fabbri is definitely the better player, but if someone's offering a 1st (hypothetically) for Fabbri and we can lock up AA at a lower price (because of the down year) you have to consider it. 

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Given that AA has pretty low trade value, and Robby Fabbri has played pretty well, if I'm Yzerman I'm taking calls on Fabbri at the deadline as well.  Long term you need to keep one of the two, and Fabbri is definitely the better player, but if someone's offering a 1st (hypothetically) for Fabbri and we can lock up AA at a lower price (because of the down year) you have to consider it. 

I would really hate to see Fabbri go buttttt

If Yzerman turned a waiver pick up into say Yaroslav Askarov, that would be ******* legendary on his part. That appeals to me.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I would really hate to see Fabbri go buttttt

If Yzerman turned a waiver pick up into say Yaroslav Askarov, that would be ******* legendary on his part. That appeals to me.

Agreed, no need to give him away.  But like I said, if someone's offering a first, and you get to keep AA then it's hard to argue against it. 

Another big X factor at the deadline is Madison Bowey, who's quietly putting up some pretty solid numbers this year.  Again, hard to imagine he won't be in play, though I think he's the kind of guy that would blossom in a Laviolette (or Gallant) type system. 

Edited by kipwinger

23 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It would depend on how low Athanasiou's value is. If we could get a 1st for Fabbri, and only a 2nd for Athanasiou, I'd rather take the 2nd for Athanasiou and keep Fabbri. 

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It would depend on how low Athanasiou's value is. If we could get a 1st for Fabbri, and only a 2nd for Athanasiou, I'd rather take the 2nd for Athanasiou and keep Fabbri. 

5 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I think I'm in the same boat.

Like Kip was saying, it probably depends on their salary and term ask as well on their next contract

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Like Kip was saying, it probably depends on their salary and term ask as well on their next contract

For sure, but I think Athanasiou's ask might be higher, despite his down season. 

51 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I wouldnt even think twice about it ,doubt fabbri alone fetches a 1st due to only having played 30 games but if we can we’d have to do it , even throw in a bowey  if need be 

Team that comes to mind is vegas, they seem desperate enough to get in the playoffs and both bowey and fabbri’s contracts are cheap enough it can probably work out . We have to consider all options

20 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I hear ya. I would just avoid those 2 players as a GM for the same reason a lot of GMs would right now. Was it the Wings? Or was it them? nothing to do with their caphits. It's the same reason why FA's don't wanna go to bad teams in the first place. Could possibly wreck your career.

Both Abby and Niels are probably better at D than most folks realize. Could Abby stil get 2 mil in the NHL tomorrow? Meh I highly doubt it.

Glendog, Fil, and Helm can still serve teams well thou

Abby has played up and down the roster over his career. He's had some success with high end linemates. He's struggled mightily the worse the team has gotten. He's only ever played for the one team, and has been relentlessly tormented by fans since his last contract signing. And even with all of the vets on this team, he's still been given an "A".

I could see a youngish team with cap room, looking for some veteran leadership, signing Abby to a 2x2 deal in the hopes that a change of scenery might help him to return to being a middle 6 forward.

He could become someone else's Cleary.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

3 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

I think I'm in the same boat.

Depends on the value of the 1st.  Send him to a Calgary or someone who's likely to get bounced early and you're talking about a really valuable pick.  I'd MUCH rather have AA and (say) the 19 or 20th overall pick than Fabbri and the 40th.  But that's just me.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Abby has played up and down the roster over his career. He's had some success with high end linemates. He's struggled mightily the worse the team has gotten. He's only ever played for the one team, and has been relentlessly tormented by fans since his last contract signing. And even with all of the vets on this team, he's still been given an "A".

I could see a youngish team with cap room, looking for some veteran leadership, signing Abby to a 2x2 deal in the hopes that a change of scenery might help him to return to being a middle 6 forward.

He could become someone else's Cleary.

Idk mannnnn that's a really tough sell. He'll be 36 when his contract is up. Didn't Cleary hang em up at 36? Not a lot of 36 year old bottom 6ers getting 2x2s.

Brian Boyle signed for less than a mil and he's 34.
Troy Brouwer signed for 750K and he's 34.
Corey Perry signed 1.5 and he's 34

You see what I'm sayin? He's prollly gonna be lucky to get any kind of offer at 36.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Idk mannnnn that's a really tough sell. He'll be 36 when his contract is up. Didn't Cleary hang em up at 36? Not a lot of 36 year old bottom 6ers getting 2x2s.

Brian Boyle signed for less than a mil and he's 34.
Troy Brouwer signed for 750K and he's 34.
Corey Perry signed 1.5 and he's 34

You see what I'm sayin? He's prollly gonna be lucky to get any kind of offer at 36.

He's 36 already? Where did the time go?

Edit: Ok. You're talking about when his deal is up in 3 years. He'll be 35 then. Totally different scenario. I was speaking if he was hypothetically a UFA now. I had made speculations about a few players earlier about what interest there would be if they were available to teams now. If Abby finishes out his contract without being traded, he'll retire a Wing.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's 36 already? Where did the time go?

Edit: Ok. You're talking about when his deal is up in 3 years. He'll be 35 then. Totally different scenario. I was speaking if he was hypothetically a UFA now. I had made speculations about a few players earlier about what interest there would be if they were available to teams now. If Abby finishes out his contract without being traded, he'll retire a Wing.

Aye I hear ya.

But nah he turns 33 in a month so he'll be 36 and a couple of months when his contract ends

Today I can see him getting around 1 mil on the open market. 2 mil is still a lil steep for me.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Depends on the value of the 1st.  Send him to a Calgary or someone who's likely to get bounced early and you're talking about a really valuable pick. 

For sure.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'd MUCH rather have AA and (say) the 19 or 20th overall pick than Fabbri and the 40th.  But that's just me.

I get that, but I'd personally prefer to keep the better player (Fabbri) and the 40th overall pick in that situation.

21 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Rekt

This is interesting... and promotes discussion.  Its possible all of those guys may be on the older side of young once we get our crap together.

24 minutes ago, mackel said:

This is interesting... and promotes discussion.  Its possible all of those guys may be on the older side of young once we get our crap together.

I'm not in a position to look it up right now but weren't Datyuk and Zetterberg like 28-30 when we won in 2008?