• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

59 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I just hope Daley keeps playing games like last night...

Even if a team is interested, I doubt we'd get anything more than a 5th round pick. I'd take it though.

A 5th? What we gonna do with a 5th , you know what the chances are of a 5th ever playing a single game? Might as well keep him till april 

sorry i had to  haha.  but yes trade daley , howard , anybody worth getting rid of for any pick we can get . Get as many kicks at the can as possible 

21 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, I mean I got that feeling too.  Especially after Yzerman took over.  Doesn't really fit into the "compete" ethos.  But I also don't see the organization mismanaging him as an asset.  And right now he's got far less value than he might, at say, the draft.  I think they give him through the end of the season to rebound statistically.  But if he doesn't then they're in a pickle because you've got to trade him or re-sign him.  At that point, re-signing him might be the way to go because he'd be cheaper and HOPEFULLY he'll regain some of his offense next year so he can be traded then. 

Long story short, I agree that he doesn't seem in their long term plans.  But signing him to a 4-5 year deal at a good cap hit might help facilitate a trade down the line.

Absolutely. I've always said that trading AA makes far more sense during the summer than it does at the deadline. I've also always thought Edmonton would be a good trade partner. His speed and skill on McDavid's wing is something they could use. Perhaps a deal involving AA and Puljujarvi. Fresh start for two players. Could be the type of trade where both teams win.

7 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Absolutely. I've always said that trading AA makes far more sense during the summer than it does at the deadline. I've also always thought Edmonton would be a good trade partner. His speed and skill on McDavid's wing is something they could use. Perhaps a deal involving AA and Puljujarvi. Fresh start for two players. Could be the type of trade where both teams win.

Id rather just bring AA back , keep him on the top 6 and get ppl time under a new coach and i think he’ll bounce back to similiar stats as last season and then move him . Id take a risk on puljujjarvi but the way hes been thus far he might just be a bottom line guy and i think if AA gets back to 30 goals we can land a 1st + and id rather take the gamble

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Id rather just bring AA back , keep him on the top 6 and get ppl time under a new coach and i think he’ll bounce back to similiar stats as last season and then move him . Id take a risk on puljujjarvi but the way hes been thus far he might just be a bottom line guy and i think if AA gets back to 30 goals we can land a 1st + and id rather take the gamble

Let's see if you think the same thing when he has his Mitch Marner holdout this summer

17 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Much as it pains me to say, I agree with Nyq here.  If given the choice between AA and Puljujarvi I take AA every day,  He's actually been good in the NHL before.  But I totally agree with your logic, if you're giving AA away you're probably taking back a similarly flawed player (unless you're adding picks to the package).  I'd probably just target a similarly flawed, yet specifically productive, defenseman.  Elsewhere I've mentioned DeAngelo and Dumba as guys that might make sense.  I don't even think you're totally off base with Edmonton, I just think I'd want something other than Puljujarvi back considering that he, like the Gringe, has too little heart. 

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Let's see if you think the same thing when he has his Mitch Marner holdout this summer

To be fair, Puljujarvi is currently holding out on a level that AA never even dreamed of.  So if the propensity to be a pain in the ass during contract negotiations is a black mark on a player, Puljujarvi is probably the last guy we'd want to take on. 

More importantly though, I just don't really see us needing any wingers  when you consider we've got Mantha, Bert, Zadina, Fabbri, Veleno/Ras, Berggren, Mastrosimone, Hirose, Smith, etc. in the pipeline. I think they'll probably target a defenseman or goalie with AA. 

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Much as it pains me to say, I agree with Nyq here.  If given the choice between AA and Puljujarvi I take AA every day,  He's actually been good in the NHL before.  But I totally agree with your logic, if you're giving AA away you're probably taking back a similarly flawed player (unless you're adding picks to the package).  I'd probably just target a similarly flawed, yet specifically productive, defenseman.  Elsewhere I've mentioned DeAngelo and Dumba as guys that might make sense.  I don't even think you're totally off base with Edmonton, I just think I'd want something other than Puljujarvi back considering that he, like the Gringe, has too little heart. 

Oh yeah, I definitely think that trade is definitely not a one-for-one. Even then, it's just one example of the type of trade for AA that does make sense, based on this season's performance. 

If AA were to go into the summer willing to sign a short, cap-friendly prove it deal, I'd be all for it. I just don't think that is his MO at all. It's definitely not what his agent is known for. 

12 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I know he’s a little ***** about his contracts but his numbers are s*** compared to last season and he’s been hurt , he has little leverage so i do think itll be an easy negotiation  this time and will result in a one year deal so he can prove himself 

could be wrong

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Oh yeah, I definitely think that trade is definitely not a one-for-one. Even then, it's just one example of the type of trade for AA that does make sense, based on this season's performance. 

If AA were to go into the summer willing to sign a short, cap-friendly prove it deal, I'd be all for it. I just don't think that is his MO at all. It's definitely not what his agent is known for. 

Maybe I'm way off base here, but I don't think his contract is going to be an issue this year.  Ferris is definitely known for holding out, but usually with up-and-coming RFAs who look like they're about to break out.  He did it with AA, he did it with Josh Andersson, in the hopes of getting them paid for their potential.  But that all falls apart when you've played in the NHL three years, you're currently having a terrible season, and your career is mired in inconsistency.  I think if that if he's not traded first, AA will sign for something like 3 years at 4.5-5.  Which is a great contract for Detroit too because it's not so much that it will kill you if he doesn't live up to it, and if he does live up to it A) you got a steal, and B) he's eminently tradable.  

I also doesn't think AA is THAT big of an ******* w/respect to contracts.  He held out for a bit two contracts ago, but then prior to last season he signed his current deal without any fuss.  Holdouts happen.  Anybody remember Datsyuk doing the same thing?  I do.  At least AA isn't doing like Puljujarvi and missing an entire year.  That's a different problem. 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

A 5th? What we gonna do with a 5th , you know what the chances are of a 5th ever playing a single game? Might as well keep him till april 

sorry i had to  haha.  but yes trade daley , howard , anybody worth getting rid of for any pick we can get . Get as many kicks at the can as possible 

There's a HUGE difference in trading (taking what you can get for) a 36 year old and trading a 23 year old... I'd take a conditional 7th for Daley, Ericsson, Biega...

30 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There's a HUGE difference in trading (taking what you can get for) a 36 year old and trading a 23 year old... I'd take a conditional 7th for Daley, Ericsson, Biega...

It was a joke since you gave me s*** for wanting to have kept the 4th in a very deep draft over erne (yes id still rather have had like the 94th pick over erne) cause of the %’s of later picks playing are slim to none , yet your talking about picking up later picks ... again dumb joke

you know where i stand , pick up as many picks as possible for any chump we can get rid of for more chances , chances might be slim but you just never know .

Everyone knows by now how much i liked fagemo and he wasnt drafted in his first eligible draft , soderblom who knows what will happen with him but he’s a late pick and a prospect to be excited for atm

again, just stockpile the picks and hope it pays off down the road 

It was a joke since you gave me s*** for wanting to have kept the 4th in a very deep draft over erne (yes id still rather have had like the 94th pick over erne) cause of the %’s of later picks playing are slim to none , yet your talking about picking up later picks ... again dumb joke

Again, two very different situations. I'd trade a 4th round pick for a 24 year old bottom six winger, coming off a 20 point (in 65 games) season every time. I'd also trade a 30+ year old, with no future on the team for a mid to late round pick every time.

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Again, two very different situations. I'd trade a 4th round pick for a 24 year old bottom six winger, coming off a 20 point (in 65 games) season every time. I'd also trade a 30+ year old, with no future on the team for a mid to late round pick every time.

No problem with dealing deadweight away , disagree with you on making that type a move “every time” . Didnt know 20 pts was a big stepping stone in making a move for a bottom line guy? Prior to the season we also knew we had way more than enough bottom players on the team + smith/pearson/turgeon etc... capable of being a bottom line player 

This is a very stacked draft and yes the chances of us landing a star at 94 is slim but im sure when we look back at this draft we’ll fine some good players that  fell to 3-7 rounds and outside of one game erne has 0 goals in 41 games so no you dont make that trade every single time

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

No problem with dealing deadweight away , disagree with you on making that type a move “every time” . Didnt know 20 pts was a big stepping stone in making a move for a bottom line guy? Prior to the season we also knew we had way more than enough bottom players on the team + smith/pearson/turgeon etc... capable of being a bottom line player 

This is a very stacked draft and yes the chances of us landing a star at 94 is slim but im sure when we look back at this draft we’ll fine some good players that  fell to 3-7 rounds and outside of one game erne has 0 goals in 41 games so no you dont make that trade every single time

I'm talking about that type of trade. Not that specific trade. Obviously the Erne trade didn't work out. And don't start with the "told ya so"s, because you also told us that the Fabbri trade wouldn't work out. You do enough of those low risk, high reward trades, and one is bound to work out. Yzerman already made one work out, better than any of us could have imagined.

When people say this is a "deep draft", they're talking about the first round, not rounds 3-7... Of course there will be good players drafted in the later rounds, just like every year, but like every year, it'll be awful odds hitting on one of those players.

I'll take the sure thing over the late pick every time. The only sure thing about Daley is that he will not be a Red Wing beyond this season. Also, despite Erne's struggles this season, I'd say he has a better NHL career than most of our young, potential bottom six wingers...

25 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm talking about that type of trade. Not that specific trade. Obviously the Erne trade didn't work out. And don't start with the "told ya so"s, because you also told us that the Fabbri trade wouldn't work out. You do enough of those low risk, high reward trades, and one is bound to work out. Yzerman already made one work out, better than any of us could have imagined.

When people say this is a "deep draft", they're talking about the first round, not rounds 3-7... Of course there will be good players drafted in the later rounds, just like every year, but like every year, it'll be awful odds hitting on one of those players.

I'll take the sure thing over the late pick every time. The only sure thing about Daley is that he will not be a Red Wing beyond this season. Also, despite Erne's struggles this season, I'd say he has a better NHL career than most of our young, potential bottom six wingers...

And i still have no problem in saying im not sure fabbri trade will work out in the end , everyones getting way too giddy way too soon . He’s obviously played better than expected but he’ll eventually go into the bottom 6 and everyone knows how i feel by now about his past injury history so i wont get into that s*** again . That trade made more sense though than erne cause we had a ton of bottom line guys as i mentioned before and delarose wasnt producing much offense 

Actually i heard there will be good players that fall into the later rounds that people will be shocked when we look back at this draft years later , and its been said this draft will be better than 2003 or as good and of course only time will tell but when you look back at 2003 and see guys like pavelski,byfuglien halak etc... fall into later rounds it makes you think twice , which is why with us being in rebuild mode id have kept the early 4th rather than add a bottom line guy yet again

With this sure thing  logic stuff  you got going on we might as well go trade our 6th for nate thompson . Like i said we wont hit on everypick 4+ but the point of having those picks especially since we’re rebuilding is to give us as many shots as possible to land a star player, we’re already stacked as it is with bottom line guys. Id bet money givani smith will have a better career than erne and i nobody talks of pearson but i think he will be a good 4c and a wing for some time

We’ll see what the future has in store for all these guys 

The reason you make that trade is because you're Steve Yzerman. And you're the former GM of the team Erne just came from. And you know his potential better than anyone else. And you think that there might still be some room for the 24 year old to grow into a better player. And he might benefit from a new start.

And the likelihood that a future 4th rounder becomes a better hockey player than a young 2nd round draft pick who has already established himself as a bottom 6 forward is very small.

And i still have no problem in saying im not sure fabbri trade will work out in the end , everyones getting way too giddy way too soon . He’s obviously played better than expected but he’ll eventually go into the bottom 6 and everyone knows how i feel by now about his past injury history so i wont get into that s*** again . That trade made more sense though than erne cause we had a ton of bottom line guys as i mentioned before and delarose wasnt producing much offense 

In what world does the "Fabbri trade not work out in the end"? If Fabbri gets hit by a truck tomorrow and never plays another game in the NHL, we still won that trade. If Fabbri is a 20 goal, 50 point middle six winger, we killed that trade. If we trade Fabbri at the deadline and get a 2nd round pick, we killed that trade.

Actually i heard there will be good players that fall into the later rounds that people will be shocked when we look back at this draft years later , and its been said this draft will be better than 2003 or as good and of course only time will tell but when you look back at 2003 and see guys like pavelski,byfuglien halak etc... fall into later rounds it makes you think twice , which is why with us being in rebuild mode id have kept the early 4th rather than add a bottom line guy yet again

No one knows that there will be 4th round or later steals in this draft. Otherwise they wouldn't go beyond the 1st or 2nd round...

With this sure thing  logic stuff  you got going on we might as well go trade our 6th for nate thompson . Like i said we wont hit on everypick 4+ but the point of having those picks especially since we’re rebuilding is to give us as many shots as possible to land a star player, we’re already stacked as it is with bottom line guys. Id bet money givani smith will have a better career than erne and i nobody talks of pearson but i think he will be a good 4c and a wing for some time

Holy hyperbole... With your logic, we should trade Larkin to a contender for a late 1st round pick... See, I can do it too... I said that we should trade away our 30+ useless players for late round picks, not the other way around...

48 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The reason you make that trade is because you're Steve Yzerman. And you're the former GM of the team Erne just came from. And you know his potential better than anyone else. And you think that there might still be some room for the 24 year old to grow into a better player. And he might benefit from a new start.

And the likelihood that a future 4th rounder becomes a better hockey player than a young 2nd round draft pick who has already established himself as a bottom 6 forward is very small.

Trust me im well aware the only reason that deal happened was cause he was in tampa otherwise it wouldnt have occurred 

young 2nd round pick whos already 24 and is clearly a bottom line guy , and my point was was we already had a ton of bottom guys + guys coming we didnt need him we’re rebuilding and we need the picks to try and hit on some guys 

fabbri deal worked cause we gave up delarose who was more than expendable ... if it was ehn for erne  than i wouldnt give a s*** ,i think we need as many picks as possible 

soderblom was a 6th , if you’re ok with dealing the 4th you’d be more than ok with a 6th ...id much rather have soderblom and his potential even though he might never make it than some 4th line guy who can easily be replaced come july 1

45 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

In what world does the "Fabbri trade not work out in the end"? If Fabbri gets hit by a truck tomorrow and never plays another game in the NHL, we still won that trade. If Fabbri is a 20 goal, 50 point middle six winger, we killed that trade. If we trade Fabbri at the deadline and get a 2nd round pick, we killed that trade.

No one knows that there will be 4th round or later steals in this draft. Otherwise they wouldn't go beyond the 1st or 2nd round...

Holy hyperbole... With your logic, we should trade Larkin to a contender for a late 1st round pick... See, I can do it too... I said that we should trade away our 30+ useless players for late round picks, not the other way around...

Ok we stiil won the trade happy? Even if he sucks of s*** and never scores another goal in his life we won the trade , when you gonna admit we lost the perlini deal instead of making excuses nonstop for him having literally zero goals and producing literally f*** all (and i dont give a f*** that regula might never do s*** , perlini has already done s***) 

yes lets trade our best players when we’re rebuilding for picks , now your just being f***en ridiculous ... im talking about trading picks away for 4th line guys when our team is flooded with deadweight as it is . Ive been bitching for years to trade daley,green etc.. so i dont know why we’re talking about these wastes of life

34 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ok we stiil won the trade happy? Even if he sucks of s*** and never scores another goal in his life we won the trade , when you gonna admit we lost the perlini deal instead of making excuses nonstop for him having literally zero goals and producing literally f*** all (and i dont give a f*** that regula might never do s*** , perlini has already done s***) 

Perlini got his first look in the top six with quality linemates the past two games. No points, but looked really good in the game against the Aves. He may never be anything more than a bottom six winger, but we didn't lose the Perlini trade, until Regula proves to be a quality NHL defenseman...

41 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

yes lets trade our best players when we’re rebuilding for picks , now your just being f***en ridiculous ... im talking about trading picks away for 4th line guys when our team is flooded with deadweight as it is . Ive been bitching for years to trade daley,green etc.. so i dont know why we’re talking about these wastes of life

Yes, that was the point. Trying to be just as "f***en ridiculous" as your 6th round pick for Nate Thompson trade...

"Wastes of life"... Stay classy...

The jury is still out on the Perlini deal. If Regula makes the NHL and has even a mediocre NHL career, we lose that trade. If Regula never makes the NHL, we win that trade. An NHL player beats a non-NHL player in every trade.

And I don't know why you're even arguing the Fabbri trade. Yzerman won that trade the day he made it.

Forget the names or teams involved.

A waiver wire pick up 13th/14th depth forward with 37 points in 223 career games...

Traded for...

A young middle 6 developing former 1st round draft pick with 96 points in 198 career games and has his name on the Stanley Cup.

Who wins that trade? I know you know the answer.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Perlini got his first look in the top six with quality linemates the past two games. No points, but looked really good in the game against the Aves. He may never be anything more than a bottom six winger, but we didn't lose the Perlini trade, until Regula proves to be a quality NHL defenseman...

Yes, that was the point. Trying to be just as "f***en ridiculous" as your 6th round pick for Nate Thompson trade...

"Wastes of life"... Stay classy...

As predicted . Keep making excuses  for brandon perlini  ... look forward to you going on another 12 pages rang about eric comrie as well

My nate thompson s*** was me being just as ridiculous as you and your erne bulls***

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The jury is still out on the Perlini deal. If Regula makes the NHL and has even a mediocre NHL career, we lose that trade. If Regula never makes the NHL, we win that trade. An NHL player beats a non-NHL player in every trade.

And I don't know why you're even arguing the Fabbri trade. Yzerman won that trade the day he made it.

Forget the names or teams involved.

A waiver wire pick up 13th/14th depth forward with 37 points in 223 career games...

Traded for...

A young middle 6 developing former 1st round draft pick with 96 points in 198 career games and has his name on the Stanley Cup.

Who wins that trade? I know you know the answer.

Regula has more upside now at 19 than perlini who’s done literally f*** all and is on his 3rd team in 3 years , hes not for long in the nhl

He won the fabbri deal , i dont care just dont think he’s as good and will sustain these numbers as some fans seem to think 

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

As predicted . Keep making excuses  for brandon perlini  ... look forward to you going on another 12 pages rang about eric comrie as well

My nate thompson s*** was me being just as ridiculous as you and your erne bulls***

No excuses. Just facts. You upset?

16 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Upset? For what ? Bulls*** you spew that you seem to think are “facts” ? Lmao ok there mr #1 eric comrie fan 

that was good 

You seem upset...

I don't give a f*** about Eric Comrie. - "may never be anything more than an AHL goaltender"... I also don't give a f*** about Brendan Perlini. - "may never be anything more than a bottom six winger"...