• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You know why we didnt have similar trades? Cause teams have wised up and arent giving away 1sts as easily . This draft is really good and teams wont trade them away like in the past 

LOL the fact that you think joel armia could fetch a 1st means we should just stop talking about this

Then please, take your own advice. 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Lmao get bent ... bet you can read that 

Wow, it must have taken you all day to come up with that one. After all, I was about 7 years old the last time I've heard it. 

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You know why we didnt have similar trades? Cause teams have wised up and arent giving away 1sts as easily . This draft is really good and teams wont trade them away like in the past 

LOL the fact that you think joel armia could fetch a 1st means we should just stop talking about this

Oh ok, "teams have wised up" between 2018 to 2019. Got it...

"This is expected to be one of the better drafts in some time"...

Meaning: The top half of the first round is really good.

What nyquististhefuture thinks that means: The entire draft is really good (even the later rounds)...

LOL the fact that you think ANY player in the ENTIRE league CAN'T fetch a 1st round pick, after Ryan f***ing Reaves fetched a 1st round pick, just two years ago means we should just stop talking about this...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Oh ok, "teams have wised up" between 2018 to 2019. Got it...

"This is expected to be one of the better drafts in some time"...

Meaning: The top half of the first round is really good.

What nyquististhefuture thinks that means: The entire draft is really good (even the later rounds)...

LOL the fact that you think ANY player in the ENTIRE league CAN'T fetch a 1st round pick, after Ryan f***ing Reaves fetched a 1st round pick, just two years ago means we should just stop talking about this...

Ok so basically any player in the nhl can land a 1st round pick , so we all got hope for helm and abdelkader deals

agreed , this was fun

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ok so basically any player in the nhl can land a 1st round pick , so we all got hope for helm and abdelkader deals

agreed , this was fun

We're really going down the rabbit hole now, but yeah, I think if Helm were 29, instead of 33, and making $1.85M, instead of $3.85M, he could easily fetch a 1st round pick from a desperate team at the deadline. Age and contract obviously play a major factor.

Regardless, we're not talking about an aging, bottom six winger on a bad contract. We're talking about a good middle six winger, in his prime on a reasonable contract that extends into next season.

Again... Is Gusev worth a 1st round pick? Probably not. Is it possible that Gusev could fetch a 1st round pick at the trade deadline? Absof***inglutely...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

We're really going down the rabbit hole now, but yeah, I think if Helm were 29, instead of 33, and making $1.85M, instead of $3.85M, he could easily fetch a 1st round pick from a desperate team at the deadline. Age and contract obviously play a major factor.

Regardless, we're not talking about an aging, bottom six winger on a bad contract. We're talking about a good middle six winger, in his prime on a reasonable contract that extends into next season.

Again... Is Gusev worth a 1st round pick? Probably not. Is it possible that Gusev could fetch a 1st round pick at the trade deadline? Absof***inglutely...

K

Try to be a reasonable as you can...

What do you think these players can get us?   (I overvalue our guys too much, so I am not going to put anything)

Daley

Athanasiou

Glendening

Howard

Helm

Filppula (he is on TSN's trade bait list)

Ehn

Svech

Green

...I guess outside of AA, and maybe Svech, we'd be looking at draft picks for the rest probably.  Unless we're talking prospects or  RFA's like Perlini, Fabbri, Erne, etc....

29 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

What do you think these players can get us?   (I overvalue our guys too much, so I am not going to put anything)

Daley

Athanasiou

Glendening

Howard

Helm

Ehn

Svech

Green

...I guess outside of AA, and maybe Svech, we'd be looking at draft picks for the rest probably.  Unless we're talking prospects or  RFA's like Perlini, Fabbri, Erne, etc....

Daley=5th

AA= not enough at the TDL, wait til summer

Glendening=wouldn't trade unless overpayment

Howard=4th

Helm=3rd

Flip=3rd

Ehn=see Glendening

Svech=not reason to trade

Green=4th, maybe a 3rd

53 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Daley

Athanasiou

Glendening

Howard

Helm

Ehn

Svech

Green

All depends on the team and whether or not we retain salary, but...

Athanasiou - 2nd round pick + prospect

Filppula - 2nd round pick

Glendening - 2nd round pick

Helm - 3rd round pick

Ehn - 4th round pick

Svechnikov - similar prospect

Green - 3rd round pick

Daley - 6th round pick

Howard - 5th round pick

... give or take...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

All depends on the team and whether or not we retain salary, but...

Athanasiou - 2nd round pick + prospect

Filppula - 2nd round pick

Glendening - 2nd round pick

Helm - 3rd round pick

Ehn - 4th round pick

Svechnikov - similar prospect

Green - 3rd round pick

Daley - 6th round pick

Howard - 5th round pick

... give or take...

I think disney.com's value to this team is higher than a late second rounder (as it would be a contender wanting to add a player like him). I'm guessing a team has to overpay to get him, as he is literally the only good veteran player on the team. 

I also think moving Helm should wait until next year, as he will have more suitors on an expiring contract. Teams may be heasitant to take on a contract for next year, even with salary retained. I also think you can get a second for him, as he is still a really good role player. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Daley whatever anyone is willing to pay

Athanasiou Puljujarvi or wait until summer

Glendening keep unless huge overpayment 

Howard see Daley

Helm second rounder (likely next year)

Filppula wait until next year unless someone overpays 

Ehn keep unless unrefusable offer 

Svech give him a shot at bottom 6 role next season. Can contribute more than Perlini, Erne

Green try for a second, accept a third if nothing else

For either player or just in general, also explore any chance to take on bad short-term contracts for picks and/or prospects. 

17 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I think disney.com's value to this team is higher than a late second rounder (as it would be a contender wanting to add a player like him). I'm guessing a team has to overpay to get him, as he is literally the only good veteran player on the team. 

I also think moving Helm should wait until next year, as he will have more suitors on an expiring contract. Teams may be heasitant to take on a contract for next year, even with salary retained. I also think you can get a second for him, as he is still a really good role player. 

I agree. I'm not saying I'd make any of those trades. That's just what I believe their market value is, give or take... Of the trades I listed, I'm only really interested in trading the three UFA's (Green, Daley, Howard). I'd also consider the Helm and Ehn trades. Any of the other players, I'd want more than teams would likely be willing to give up.

49 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree. I'm not saying I'd make any of those trades. That's just what I believe their market value is, give or take... Of the trades I listed, I'm only really interested in trading the three UFA's (Green, Daley, Howard). I'd also consider the Helm and Ehn trades. Any of the other players, I'd want more than teams would likely be willing to give up.

I think we could get a very nice return for Bernier... playing well on a historically BAD team, we can eat salary, etc.

I know he's been in Toronto before... but Andersen is hurt and Bernier is arguably playing as well as him this season on a team with weaker defense and no offensive support.

I think a 2nd and a decent prospect would be a perfectly reasonable ask.

50 minutes ago, mackel said:

I think we could get a very nice return for Bernier... playing well on a historically BAD team, we can eat salary, etc.

I know he's been in Toronto before... but Andersen is hurt and Bernier is arguably playing as well as him this season on a team with weaker defense and no offensive support.

Nobody is giving a 2nd for bernier 

33 minutes ago, mackel said:

I definitely agree, but can we afford to give up Bernier right now? He's basically been this team's only hope any given night. I know everyone is all about the tank, but this could get a lot worse without Bernier between the pipes... I think a 2nd round pick is pretty fair value, but I also don't know if I'd do it for that right now... Maybe...?

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Nobody is giving a 2nd for bernier 

Any contender with need of a goalie is giving a 2nd, maybe a 2nd +.

Assuming we're eating 30-50% of the cap hit.

Edited by mackel

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I definitely agree, but can we afford to give up Bernier right now? He's basically been this team's only hope any given night. I know everyone is all about the tank, but this could get a lot worse without Bernier between the pipes... I think a 2nd round pick is pretty fair value, but I also don't know if I'd do it for that right now... Maybe...?

I agree I think he's arguably our team's MVP, especially since US thanksgiving...  but I'd sell on him in a heartbeat... anyone butthurt about our losing ways is already there.  Howard/Whoever or even use the assets(s) in combination with our own assets to acquire a younger goalie with upside.  Georgiev, Desmith, etc

29 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What if Gusev is included?

Only if your mom is sent to the acquiring gm’s home to become his butler

12 minutes ago, mackel said:

Any contender with need of a goalie is giving a 2nd, maybe a 2nd +.

Assuming we're eating 30-50% of the cap hit.

Sure ... i know your thinking leafs but they wont give up a 2nd for bernier 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

This. There is also next season to consider as well. If Bernier keeps this play up, he can very well be the goalie that leads the team out of the rebuild while we wait for someone younger to take the job. As far as I'm concerned, a team would have to overpay for Bernier.  So while he may very well be only worth a second, I'd demand a first, as I feel he has more value to this team going forward than a late second rounder from a contender does. 

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Sure ... i know your thinking leafs but they wont give up a 2nd for bernier 

Then the Leafs don't get Bernier. Simple.