• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

52 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

This. There is also next season to consider as well. If Bernier keeps this play up, he can very well be the goalie that leads the team out of the rebuild while we wait for someone younger to take the job. As far as I'm concerned, a team would have to overpay for Bernier.  So while he may very well be only worth a second, I'd demand a first, as I feel he has more value to this team going forward than a late second rounder from a contender does. 

Then the Leafs don't get Bernier. Simple.

They’re not looking at bernier. Dont worry

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

They’re not looking at bernier. Dont worry

They'll be looking at all options considering how much of a disaster their backup is. Bernier now >>>>>> Bernier during his last run with the Leafs. The fact that he has a .908 save percentage with this Wings roster shows that he has been phenomenal this season. 

But hopefully you're right, because I wanna see Bernier stick around. He keeps this play up, he can easily be our goalie for the next 4-5 years. 

26 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

They'll be looking at all options considering how much of a disaster their backup is. Bernier now >>>>>> Bernier during his last run with the Leafs. The fact that he has a .908 save percentage with this Wings roster shows that he has been phenomenal this season. 

But hopefully you're right, because I wanna see Bernier stick around. He keeps this play up, he can easily be our goalie for the next 4-5 years. 

Bernier In toronto was a mess  , that ship’s sailed . They’re looking at georgiev like everyone else and i can’t see anyone trading a 2nd for bernier with georgiev,lehner are available 

He wont be dealt cause we’d potentially have no goalies going into next season but if we can get a 3rd for him id ship his ass in a heartbeat with that 3rd,a 2nd + hirose or some middle prospect depending who it is . If i had to bet money, hes going nowhere and we wont get georgiev

36 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Bernier In toronto was a mess  , that ship’s sailed . They’re looking at georgiev like everyone else and i can’t see anyone trading a 2nd for bernier with georgiev,lehner are available 

He wont be dealt cause we’d potentially have no goalies going into next season but if we can get a 3rd for him id ship his ass in a heartbeat with that 3rd,a 2nd + hirose or some middle prospect depending who it is . If i had to bet money, hes going nowhere and we wont get georgiev

Georgiev makes most sense because of his price for the Leafs, yes. Chicago really wants to re-sign Lehner, however. Bernier in Toronto was a mess because he wasn't the goalie then that he is now. It happens. 

I agree that he won't likely be dealt, though you'd have to be crazy to give him up for a 3rd. He is much more valuable to this team than a 3rd round pick for the very reason you stated: We'd potentially have no goalie going into next season.

Bernier has been great this year. Unless a team is going to significantly overpay for him, he should stay. If he is the #1 going into next season, he should be extended. 

As for Hirose, there is not much of a reason to trade him right now. He has about as little value as one could have at the moment. See if he pans out at the NHL level, revisit trading him then. Wings own his rights, so there is no rush on moving him. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

34 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

If he is the #1 going into next season, he should be extended.

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

39 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I agree that he won't likely be dealt, though you'd have to be crazy to give him up for a 3rd. He is much more valuable to this team than a 3rd round pick for the very reason you stated: We'd potentially have no goalie going into next season.

You're talking to a guy that massively overvalues all draft picks...

40 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

As for Hirose, there is not much of a reason to trade him right now. He has about as little value as one could have at the moment. See if he pans out at the NHL level, revisit trading him then. Wings own his rights, so there is no rush on moving him. 

I agree that there's no rush in moving Hirose, but I do think there's some value there. His production in the NHL has been decent, considering his role and linemates, and he's been really good in the AHL, one of the better Griffins' forwards this season.

I doubt many teams would have much interest in him specifically, but maybe he could be added in as a sweetener in some deadline trade...

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree that there's no rush in moving Hirose, but I do think there's some value there. His production in the NHL has been decent, considering his role and linemates, and he's been really good in the AHL, one of the better Griffins' forwards this season.

I doubt many teams would have much interest in him specifically, but maybe he could be added in as a sweetener in some deadline trade...

If Hirose is a piece of a bigger package that someone wants, absolutely. I just don't see any teams knocking on the door for him specifically at this juncture. My guess is contenders want to target players with experience for their playoff run depth. Teams would likely come to Yzerman looking for an disney.com or Helm at this point to load up for a playoff run.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Georgiev makes most sense because of his price for the Leafs, yes. Chicago really wants to re-sign Lehner, however. Bernier in Toronto was a mess because he wasn't the goalie then that he is now. It happens. 

Bernier has been great this year. Unless a team is going to significantly overpay for him, he should stay. If he is the #1 going into next season, he should be extended. 

Bernier or no bernier this team is going nowhere any time soon so losing him wouldnt even be earth shattering news  ... if hes a #1 goalie anywhere that teams in trouble . Hes a backup

Hirose had a good stint last year, struggled this season but hes young enough and putting up decent ahl numbers that someone might be interested if he was packaged in a bigger deal . I dont see him having a longterm future here , i do agree there’s no rush in moving him atm but if moving him in a bigger deal gets something done you dont even think twice 

45 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

And hes talking to a guy who overvalue’s lacklustre players ...

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

39 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

If Hirose is a piece of a bigger package that someone wants, absolutely. I just don't see any teams knocking on the door for him specifically at this juncture. My guess is contenders want to target players with experience for their playoff run depth. Teams would likely come to Yzerman looking for an disney.com or Helm at this point to load up for a playoff run.

Absolutely. Like I said, no GM would be targeting Hirose in a trade, but say Holland is interested in Green, but only willing to give up a 3rd round pick. Maybe he'd be willing to up that to a 2nd round pick, if Yzerman throws in a mid level prospect (like Hirose)...

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Like who?

18 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Bernier or no bernier this team is going nowhere any time soon so losing him wouldnt even be earth shattering news  ... if hes a #1 goalie anywhere that teams in trouble . Hes a backup

Hirose had a good stint last year, struggled this season but hes young enough and putting up decent ahl numbers that someone might be interested if he was packaged in a bigger deal . I dont see him having a longterm future here , i do agree there’s no rush in moving him atm but if moving him in a bigger deal gets something done you dont even think twice 

I agree that this team is going nowhere any time soon, BUT it is important to get reliable goaltending to keep games within reach for the young, developing players. It helps nobody to have Howard in net giving up 4-5 goals every game, which has been the main problem this season.

Bernier seems to have found consistency and he has absolutely been playing like a #1 goalie these last couple months. The numbers reflect that. He has always had the tools, and was once a highly regarded goaltending prospect. Sometimes it just takes goalies a while to put it all together. Teams with goalie issues would be stoked to have current Bernier. Regardless if you agree or not, he is worth a lot more to this team than a 3rd, or even 2nd round pick.  

Of course you move Hirose as part of a package if it brings in something the Wings need. There is just no GM out there who is gonna come shopping for Hirose as a primary piece. That's why it's likely he will be hung on to for a while. I agree he likely has no future here, but he is young enough to increase his trade value for the time being. 

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Absolutely. Like I said, no GM would be targeting Hirose in a trade, but say Holland is interested in Green, but only willing to give up a 3rd round pick. Maybe he'd be willing to up that to a 2nd round pick, if Yzerman throws in a mid level prospect (like Hirose)...

Like who?

Wont get into that s*** again ... dont bring me up in your convo’s ...  coolbeans ... thanks

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

I agree that this team is going nowhere any time soon, BUT it is important to get reliable goaltending to keep games within reach for the young, developing players. It helps nobody to have Howard in net giving up 4-5 goals every game, which has been the main problem this season.

Bernier seems to have found consistency and he has absolutely been playing like a #1 goalie these last couple months. The numbers reflect that. He has always had the tools, and was once a highly regarded goaltending prospect. Sometimes it just takes goalies a while to put it all together. Teams with goalie issues would be stoked to have current Bernier. Regardless if you agree or not, he is worth a lot more to this team than a 3rd, or even 2nd round pick.  

Of course you move Hirose as part of a package if it brings in something the Wings need. There is just no GM out there who is gonna come shopping for Hirose as a primary piece. That's why it's likely he will be hung on to for a while. I agree he likely has no future here, but he is young enough to increase his trade value for the time being. 

Greiss will be available in the summer along with crawford/lehner , halak etc.. not enough spots around so some will be available and it’ll just be the same situation as it now until we fix our d . For the short term it doesnt really matter which goalie will be around here 

I dont agree , coolbeans 

Never said he’d be the primary package but if we sent 2 2nds and hirose for georgiev or a 2nd and a 3rd along with hirose for him or someone in the same ballpark like georgiev teams might see him as a nice enough addition to pull the trigger

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

37 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wont get into that s*** again ... dont bring me up in your convo’s ...  coolbeans ... thanks

Greiss will be available in the summer along with crawford/lehner , halak etc.. not enough spots around so some will be available and it’ll just be the same situation as it now until we fix our d . For the short term it doesnt really matter which goalie will be around here 

Never said he’d be the primary package but if we sent 2 2nds and hirose for georgiev or a 2nd and a 3rd along with hirose for him or someone in the same ballpark like georgiev teams might see him as a nice enough addition to pull the trigger

maxresdefault.jpg

So we trade Bernier for a 3rd. Yzerman strikes out in UFA on goalies. Doh! Now we have to trade for one, likely costing more than the 3rd we get for Bernie. So now we lose two seconds and Hirose to replace Bernier for a goalie who isn't even an upgrade. Poor asset management.  

How about keep Bernier, the two EARLY second rounders, and Hirose, and all we don't get is some LATE third round pick? Makes more sense to use those second rounders and Hirose on something we don't already have, yeah?

7 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

maxresdefault.jpg

So we trade Bernier for a 3rd. Yzerman strikes out in UFA on goalies. Doh! Now we have to trade for one, likely costing more than the 3rd we get for Bernie. So now we lose two seconds and Hirose to replace Bernier for a goalie who isn't even an upgrade. Poor asset management.  

How about keep Bernier, the two EARLY second rounders, and Hirose, and all we don't get is some LATE third round pick? Makes more sense to use those second rounders and Hirose on something we don't already have, yeah?

Likely scenario is he doesnt get dealt like i said cause he’d potentially be our only option at this point with howard being a ufa 

If we dealt him however i wouldnt lose any sleep over it as there’s quite a number of netminders who will be available as mentioned that can be had and would be ok for a short term deal as we’re going nowhere next season 

Why would we lose hirose and picks? That trade scenario i said would bring back georgiev who’s much younger and has much better upside , lets not get carried away and get attached to bernier now cause hes played ok . He’s not a starting goalie

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Likely scenario is he doesnt get dealt like i said cause he’d potentially be our only option at this point with howard being a ufa 

If we dealt him however i wouldnt lose any sleep over it as there’s quite a number of netminders who will be available as mentioned that can be had and would be ok for a short term deal as we’re going nowhere next season 

Why would we lose hirose and picks? That trade scenario i said would bring back georgiev who’s much younger and has much better upside , lets not get carried away and get attached to bernier now cause hes played ok . He’s not a starting goalie

Hirose and picks is based on your very trade proposal for a goalie. Something we'd have to do if we traded Bernier and struck out in UFA. 

Whether you admit it or not, Bernier IS a starting goalie. He is getting the starts of a starting goalie and is putting up the numbers. Just because someone doesn't wanna see players given away for next to nothing, does not mean one is attached to said player. It's a matter of having realistic views of asset management. If you wanna overpay for an unproven Georgiev, then fine. But he is LITERALLY a backup goalie. On a non-playoff team, I might add. Bernier is a starter who is giving this garbage of a roster a chance to win every time he is in net. The numbers back that up. 

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Hirose and picks is based on your very trade proposal for a goalie. Something we'd have to do if we traded Bernier and struck out in UFA. 

Whether you admit it or not, Bernier IS a starting goalie. He is getting the starts of a starting goalie and is putting up the numbers. Just because someone doesn't wanna see players given away for next to nothing, does not mean one is attached to said player. It's a matter of having realistic views of asset management. If you wanna overpay for an unproven Georgiev, then fine. But he is LITERALLY a backup goalie. On a non-playoff team, I might add. Bernier is a starter who is giving this garbage of a roster a chance to win every time he is in net. The numbers back that up. 

what prevents us from trading bernier and making the deal for georgiev at the same time?anyways

hes OUR starting goalie , doesnt make him one . And hes our #1 goalie for now by default cause howard has failed spectacularly and dealt with injuries so we had no other choice, no other team would make jonathan bernier would make their #1 

bernier is literally a backup , thats what hes been for pretty much most his career you shouldnt get attached cause hes putting decent numbers for 30 games on the “last place team” . Georgiev is just starting his career and has been stuck behind a legend and someone with more promise so we still dont know what he is but he definetly has more upside at this stage than bernier 

I probably wouldnt give up 2nds and hirose but id have zero problems giving a 2nd and hirose for georgiev 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

what prevents us from trading bernier and making the deal for georgiev at the same time?anyways

hes OUR starting goalie , doesnt make him one . And hes our #1 goalie for now by default cause howard has failed spectacularly and dealt with injuries so we had no other choice, no other team would make jonathan bernier would make their #1 

bernier is literally a backup , thats what hes been for pretty much most his career you shouldnt get attached cause hes putting decent numbers for 30 games on the “last place team” . Georgiev is just starting his career and has been stuck behind a legend and someone with more promise so we still dont know what he is but he definetly has more upside at this stage than bernier 

I probably wouldnt give up 2nds and hirose but id have zero problems giving a 2nd and hirose for georgiev 

Because you'd be trading a starter for a backup. And if the trades go down as you suggested, it would cost us a lot more than we'd bring in. Counting on Georgiev to pan out as a starter would be a dumb risk to give up assets for. We just as well wait and see what pans out with what we have, considering we'll suck a few more years anyway.

And yes, Bernier IS OUR starting goalie. He is also putting up numbers that would currently make him a starter elsewhere as well. Just because he has been a backup most of his career, does not mean he always will be one. Literally every NHL goalie started as a backup. Some goalies take longer than others to establish as a starter, some never do. Putting up good numbers on a team with a historically bad goal differential is actually a big deal. And once again, believing in sensible asset management does not equal being attached. 

If Georgiev has so much promise, why is a rebuilding team so anxious to give him up? They'd keep him if he was that good. You literally said you'd give up either two seconds and Hirose or a second and a third and Hirose for Georgiev. Massive overpayment when we already have a goalie here who is good enough to play through a rebuild. 

Bernier is keeping games close. That is essential for development of the rest of the team. There is no reason to mess with that to acquire a third round pick.

10 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Because you'd be trading a starter for a backup. And if the trades go down as you suggested, it would cost us a lot more than we'd bring in. Counting on Georgiev to pan out as a starter would be a dumb risk to give up assets for. We just as well wait and see what pans out with what we have, considering we'll suck a few more years anyway.

And yes, Bernier IS OUR starting goalie. He is also putting up numbers that would currently make him a starter elsewhere as well. Just because he has been a backup most of his career, does not mean he always will be one. Literally every NHL goalie started as a backup. Some goalies take longer than others to establish as a starter, some never do. Putting up good numbers on a team with a historically bad goal differential is actually a big deal. And once again, believing in sensible asset management does not equal being attached. 

If Georgiev has so much promise, why is a rebuilding team so anxious to give him up? They'd keep him if he was that good. You literally said you'd give up either two seconds and Hirose or a second and a third and Hirose for Georgiev. Massive overpayment when we already have a goalie here who is good enough to play through a rebuild. 

Bernier is keeping games close. That is essential for development of the rest of the team. There is no reason to mess with that to acquire a third round pick.

Your whole thing is fine if bernier is actually a #1 goalie , but hes not 

we’ll agree to disagree ... this was fun

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

KRS: "You're talking to a guy that overvalues all draft picks."

NITF: "And he's talking to a guy who overvalues lacklustre players..."

KRS: "Like who?"

NITF: "...don't bring me up in your convo's..."

Me: SMH

Its cute seeing you try to make lame jokes with  one of your 4 friends , good on you brian

Not really sure I understand bringing up Lindstrom and scratching Bowey.  No knock on Lindstrom at all.  By all accounts Wings' management is very happy with him.  But I'd be pumping that Bowey trade value as much as  I can. Hell, he'd be on my 2nd powerplay.  If you really wanna give Lindstrom a look let Ericsson sit for a few games.  Not going to hurt you at all. 

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not really sure I understand bringing up Lindstrom and scratching Bowey.  No knock on Lindstrom at all.  By all accounts Wings' management is very happy with him.  But I'd be pumping that Bowey trade value as much as  I can. Hell, he'd be on my 2nd powerplay.  If you really wanna give Lindstrom a look let Ericsson sit for a few games.  Not going to hurt you at all. 

Just seeing Ericsson's name makes me so excited for training camp, when so much current dead weight does not return. We'll literally be down to just Abby and Nielsen. Sure we may take on a bad contract or two by the deadline, but at least they'd bring along picks or prospects with them. 

Red Wings last two games: Allow only 4 goals (great by this team's standards)... Score 0 goals (terrible by any team's standards)...

Solution: scratch 2nd best offensive defenseman on the team. Plug in mediocre defensive prospect with zero offensive upside...

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Just seeing Ericsson's name makes me so excited for training camp, when so much current dead weight does not return. We'll literally be down to just Abby and Nielsen. Sure we may take on a bad contract or two by the deadline, but at least they'd bring along picks or prospects with them. 

I sometimes forget that those expiring UFAs are even on the team. Normally I think of UFAs because they're going to be useful at the deadline, but not this year.  This year I'm more excited about the possibility of trading AA, Fabbri, Bernier, Bowey, or Helm.  They're the "have value" guys. The other losers are just treading water until they A) retire, or B) die.  Either way, I don't care about them. 

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Red Wings last two games: Allow only 4 goals (great by this team's standards)... Score 0 goals (terrible by any team's standards)...

Solution: scratch 2nd best offensive defenseman on the team. Plug in mediocre defensive prospect with zero offensive upside...

Image result for grandpa simpson gif