• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 11:06 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Interesting theory, but this team has not gotten any better since Zadina joined it.

You'd think with a core like Larkin/Bertuzzi/Hronek/Zadina and as of late Bernier, this team would actually perform well...

I mean if I said our core was ROR/Perron/Pietrangelo/Tarasenko and Binnington one would think we'd be winning games, no? But we're not. Precisely because Larkin WILL NEVER be an ROR. Bertuzzi WILL NEVER be a Perron. Hronek WILL NEVER be a Pietrangelo. Zadina WILL NEVER be a Tarasenko. And Bernier WILL NEVER be a Binnington.

We are not a terrible team because Chris Ehn is 4th liner. We're not even the worst team because 4th line Abdelkader is paid too much. We are the worst team because our BEST players are not good enough.

Periphery players are the difference between a playoff team and a cup team. Core players are the difference between a playoff/cup team and a basement one.

Nielsen, Howard, Abdelkader, are convenient distractions to a much more serious problem. And that is we have a lot of good young players (Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Hronek, Cholowski, Fabbri, Ehn, Smith, Zadina, Bowey, Athanasiou) and yet we are STILL not getting it done. In fact, we are embarrassingly the worst team in the league with these players.

I don't know why anyone still has faith in them. They should be taken behind the nearest little ceasars and shot in the back of the head and their bodies dumped into the grease trap. But i will settle for them being traded so we can draft better players.

This team has serious problems which require drastic solutions. If this is our core, it is the WORST core in the league. Which makes one wonder why we should even bother keeping it in tact... TRADE LARKIN TRADE ZADINA TRADE BERTUZZI TRADE HRONEK AND TRADE MANTHA. Draft and sign a whole new team. These ******* idiots are useless and unmotivated.

You've gone to Facebook / Twitter level clown world posting.

TRADE EVERYONE! THIS TEAM SUCKS! BOO F***ING HOO...

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And yet you have no rational argument against me besides boo hoo.

This teams "core" isn't good enough and you know it.

I can see a 30 - 32 year old Larkin being a pretty important part of a Wing's cup. And Zadina's only 20. 

But yeah, to think that this future team is also going to have ALL of this team's current core still in tact is pretty naive IMO. Especially when you think about how few fuks Yzerman gave about the old guard's players in Tampa when he took over. 

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And yet you have no rational argument against me besides boo hoo.

This teams "core" isn't good enough and you know it.

No one has said that this core is "good enough". They are however, still very good players. To say we should trade them all is laughable. It's not going to happen.

You don't completely scrap the existing core. You build around it. Strengthen it.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I can see a 30 - 32 year old Larkin being a pretty important part of a Wing's cup. And Zadina's only 20. 

But yeah, to think that this future team is also going to have ALL of this team's current core still in tact is pretty naive IMO. Especially when you think about how few fuks Yzerman gave about the old guard's players in Tampa when he took over. 

I guess it depends on who you see as the current core...

In my opinion, that includes Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Zadina, Hronek, and Seider, and maybe eventually Veleno and Rasmussen. I do think most of those players will be Red Wings through this rebuild. However, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two are traded at some point in a "hockey trade". No way all get traded. Not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No one has said that this core is "good enough". They are however, still very good players. To say we should trade them all is laughable. It's not going to happen.

You don't completely scrap the existing core. You build around it. Strengthen it.

I guess it depends on who you see as the current core...

In my opinion, that includes Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Zadina, Hronek, and Seider, and maybe eventually Veleno and Rasmussen. I do think most of those players will be Red Wings through this rebuild. However, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two are traded at some point in a "hockey trade". No way all get traded. Not going to happen.

Seider's part of the next core. The good one. Don't lump him in with this group. 

So it's more like this core will be the next core's footstool. Mantha will make a good auxillary winger when we finally have a real winning core. Think Justin Willimas/Alex Steen type. If he's still here. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Next two weeks (and draft time) will be interesting. Every "core" guy not named Larkin or Hronek have contracts that need to be renewed. Yzerman needs to either decide if he sees a future there and invest in them, or possibly trade them. The possible return on a Mantha or AA or Bertuzzi or Fabbri would be tantalizing to say the least. We don't really have anything to lose at this point by trading them. We're gonna be awful again next year anyway.

I think some might argue you re-sign them regardless and push into next season to see what they can do. Then trade them b4 when they are UFA expiring. I disagree. I think the RFA control will make them extra valuable on the open market. If Yzerman doesn't like Fabbri's defensive game for example, now is a great time to flip him. Like I said, we have nothing to really lose at this point anyway.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Losers are losers. Some will survive the purge, many will not. I couldn't care less which one of them gets the rope at this point.

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Seider's part of the next core. The good one. Don't lump him in with this group. 

So it's more like this core will be the next core's footstool. Mantha will make a good auxillary winger when we finally have a real winning core. Think Justin Willimas/Alex Steen type. If he's still here. 

There's not two separate cores... Seider, along with others will become part of the existing core.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Next two weeks (and draft time) will be interesting. Every "core" guy not named Larkin or Hronek have contracts that need to be renewed. Yzerman needs to either decide if he sees a future there and invest in them, or possibly trade them. The possible return on a Mantha or AA or Bertuzzi or Fabbri would be tantalizing to say the least. We don't really have anything to lose at this point by trading them. We're gonna be awful again next year anyway.

I think some might argue you re-sign them regardless and push into next season to see what they can do. Then trade them b4 when they are UFA expiring. I disagree. I think the RFA control will make them extra valuable on the open market. If Yzerman doesn't like Fabbri's defensive game for example, now is a great time to flip him. Like I said, we have nothing to really lose at this point anyway.

Losers are losers. Some will survive the purge, many will not. I couldn't care less which one of them gets the rope at this point.

Nope. Nothing to lose. It's not like we could trade away a really good player, for a not so good player, or a swing and miss pick / prospect. That sort of thing never happens...

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Agrees 100%

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There's not two separate cores... Seider, along with others will become part of the existing core.

Nope. Nothing to lose. It's not like we could trade away a really good player, for a not so good player, or a swing and miss pick / prospect. That sort of thing never happens...

How can an 18 year old and a 25 year old be part of the same core? How big's your apple? lol

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Interesting. Are you opposed to selling all young players?

Any player has a price, regardless of age.

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

How can an 18 year old and a 25 year old be part of the same core?

How can they not be? What is your definition of a core?

It doesn't matter what age they are. A core is the key players on a team. Is Tavares not part of the Leafs core because he's 6 or 7 years older than other parts of the core?

17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

How big's your apple? lol

What kind of apples are you eating? I've yet to come across one with multiple cores...

We’re crossing out “core” guys cause there not young enough now to be a “core” guy? How stupid is this crap ... someone should go tell the bruins they have to trade marchand cause hes 31 and pastranak is 23  and the gap’s too wide

guys will get dealt inevitably ... AA is a goner , maybe yzerman will get fed up of mantha always being hurt and deal him at one point but its stupid to trade everybody ... bertuzzi will be a playoff warrior and the kind of guy youll want around when s*** turns , larkins a leader and a top guy 

think everyones bitching cause we suck f***en bad this year so lets deal everyone , i dont know wtf some of you guys expected this year , it was always going to be last place ... daley/ericsson/bowey/nemeth ... countless bottom line forwards on the team ... if anything the guys everyone wants to deal cause they suck are surrounded by way too many guys who suck

Theres about 4/5 guys on the team we should save and everyone else needs to get lost

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure seems like your opposed to trading one of these guys, despite "any player has a price"

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sure seems like your opposed to trading one of these guys, despite "any player has a price"

You said "we have nothing to lose". Not true. We could lose a really good player for a lesser player, or nothing. That does not mean that I would not trade "any" of our current core pieces. I would not however, trade "ALL" of our current core pieces...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

How can they not be? What is your definition of a core?

It doesn't matter what age they are. A core is the key players on a team. Is Tavares not part of the Leafs core because he's 6 or 7 years older than other parts of the core?

What kind of apples are you eating? I've yet to come across one with multiple cores...

A core, to me is a group of players that hit prime together and age out together. Like when TSN does there top ranking of every team's core 4 under 24 list. I know you know what I'm talking about. Mantha was not on that list for Detroit this year. 

I won't use Seider as  an example because he's a D and they develop differently. But say we take Stuzle this year and Raty next. By the time they are prime (24 - 27 years) Mantha will be 32 -35 years old. And thus, not part of the core. How, in your brain does this NOT make sense? 

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We’re crossing out “core” guys cause there not young enough now to be a “core” guy? How stupid is this crap ... someone should go tell the bruins they have to trade marchand cause hes 31 and pastranak is 23  and the gap’s too wide

Someone should tell you that in 4 years when Pasta's still a beast, Marchand will almost be hockey dead, at age 35 and thus not part of any core. 

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

You said "we have nothing to lose". Not true. We could lose a really good player for a lesser player, or nothing. That does not mean that I would not trade "any" of our current core pieces. I would not however, trade "ALL" of our current core pieces...

Yeah we might lose a player that helped us become a historically bad NHL team. I'm completely ok with that.

Gotta break eggs to make an omelet!

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

A core, to me is a group of players that hit prime together and age out together. Like when TSN does there top ranking of every team's core 4 under 24 list. I know you know what I'm talking about. Mantha was not on that list for Detroit this year. 

I won't use Seider as  an example because he's a D and they develop differently. But say we take Stuzle this year and Raty next. By the time they are prime (24 - 27 years) Mantha will be 32 -35 years old. And thus, not part of the core. How, in your brain does this NOT make sense? 

I understand what you're saying, but no, it does NOT make sense...

"Core 4 Under 24" is exactly that. Each team's best players under the age of 24. It's not every teams "core"... How, in your brain does that NOT make sense?

So Mantha and Larkin are not considered the same core because one is younger than 24, and the other is older than 24?

Tavares isn't part of the Leafs core?

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah we might lose a player that helped us become a historically bad NHL team. I'm completely ok with that.

Gotta break eggs to make an omelet!

Yeah, trade 'em all.

This is the type of overreaction I'd expect from some on here. I have to say, I didn't expect it from you though.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I understand what you're saying, but no, it does NOT make sense...

"Core 4 Under 24" is exactly that. Each team's best players under the age of 24. It's not every teams "core"... How, in your brain does that NOT make sense?

So Mantha and Larkin are not considered the same core because one is younger than 24, and the other is older than 24?

Tavares isn't part of the Leafs core?

LOL I am sorry I used the U24 tsn thing as an example. 

But if you think an age diff of 23 vs 25 is the same as Mantha being 35 when Stuzle and Raty are in their prime then I'm done. 

Tavares? See above. He'll be 36 when Mathews is still wrecking shop.  

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I have no patience for losers. Forgive me.

What makes them losers? Because they're playing on a losing team?

The Aves definitely should have traded that top line of MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen three years ago when they finished the season with 48 points... What a bunch of losers...

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL I am sorry I used the U24 tsn thing as an example. 

But if you think an age diff of 23 vs 25 is the same as Mantha being 35 when Stuzle and Raty are in their prime then I'm done. 

Tavares? See above. He'll be 36 when Mathews is still wrecking shop.  

What's your point? The core of a team changes. Players eventually age out. That doesn't mean they aren't part of the current core... Mantha and Seider will absolutely be considered part of the same core. Tavares and Matthews are both considered part of the Leafs core, despite the age gap.

Why are you bringing up "when Mantha is 35", "when Tavares is 36". They're not 35/36. They're key pieces to their respective teams, aka core pieces...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What makes them losers? Because they're playing on a losing team?

The Aves definitely should have traded that top line of MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen three years ago when they finished the season with 48 points... What a bunch of losers...

GTFO! Those guys were like 19 - 21 years old that year. And all had super high ceilings. Mantha's 25. 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What's your point? The core of a team changes. Players eventually age out. That doesn't mean they aren't part of the current core... Mantha and Seider will absolutely be considered part of the same core. Tavares and Matthews are both considered part of the Leafs core, despite the age gap.

Why are you bringing up "when Mantha is 35", "when Tavares is 36". They're not 35/36. They're key pieces to their respective teams, aka core pieces...

K. I'm not going to talk to you about this anymore.