• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What makes them losers? Because they're playing on a losing team?

The Aves definitely should have traded that top line of MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen three years ago when they finished the season with 48 points... What a bunch of losers...

They did trade a large piece of their core that year. Matt Duchene who had just turned 26.

Mr. Mantha and AA will both be 26 very soon as well. I say we trade em both.

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

GTFO! Those guys were like 19 - 21 years old that year. And all had super high ceilings. Mantha's 25. 

What about it? Why are you singling out our oldest core player? CRL, and I assume you as well, are saying we should trade everyone. Meaning all of our core players, which would include a 22 year old Hronek and a 20 year old Zadina. Should we trade these guys because "we suck"?

17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

K. I'm not going to talk to you about this anymore. 

I don't blame you. I can't believe we were talking about it to begin with...

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They did trade a large piece of their core that year. Matt Duchene who had just turned 26.

Mr. Mantha and AA will both be 26 very soon as well. I say we trade em both.

Sure. If the return is there, go for it.

What do you think would be fair value for Mantha? Athanasiou?

35 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

A core, to me is a group of players that hit prime together and age out together. Like when TSN does there top ranking of every team's core 4 under 24 list. I know you know what I'm talking about. Mantha was not on that list for Detroit this year. 

I won't use Seider as  an example because he's a D and they develop differently. But say we take Stuzle this year and Raty next. By the time they are prime (24 - 27 years) Mantha will be 32 -35 years old. And thus, not part of the core. How, in your brain does this NOT make sense? 

Someone should tell you that in 4 years when Pasta's still a beast, Marchand will almost be hockey dead, at age 35 and thus not part of any core. 

Lmao and when seider is a beast in 4 years larkin will be 27 and be almost hockey dead? mantha?Ya nice logic there 

Last i checked yzerman was a core guy when we won our cup and in his 30s  ... its not incapable of seeing larkin and  bertuzzi for example being a core guy and winning a cup 7 years from now for example  at 31 and seider being 25 

Our team is complete s*** but if you wanna trade everyone be prepared for a 7-10 year  rebuild , by that time youll be bitching to deal seider cause he’ll be too old to be a core guy

Just now, krsmith17 said:

What about it? Why are you singling out our oldest core player? CRL, and I assume you as well, are saying we should trade everyone. Meaning all of our core players, which would include a 22 year old Hronek and a 20 year old Zadina. Should we trade these guys because "we suck"?

Not EVERYONE. ANYONE. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Not EVERYONE. ANYONE. 

I very clearly indicated that I was arguing that we shouldn't trade EVERYONE. Not ANYONE. I'm open to trading any player on this team, if the price is right. However, I think the price would be higher, than most teams would be willing to pay for who I believe to be our core building blocks.

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Lmao and when seider is a beast in 4 years larkin will be 27 and be almost hockey dead? mantha?Ya nice logic there 

Last i checked yzerman was a core guy when we won our cup and in his 30s  ... its not incapable of seeing larkin and  bertuzzi for example being a core guy and winning a cup 7 years from now for example  at 31 and seider being 25 

Our team is complete s*** but if you wanna trade everyone be prepared for a 7-10 year  rebuild , by that time youll be bitching to deal seider cause he’ll be too old to be a core guy

You and @krsmith17 have merged. I can no longer exist in this reality. 

Everyones f***en pissed cause we suck dick but i dont know how anybody would have expected this season to turn out the way it did , get real man

abdelkader helm nielsen filppula ehn glendening ,erne,perlini ... get rid of all that crap and replace them with younger competent options and we’d be already a way improved club 

everyone in our back end except hronek can take a hike

Someone offers something good for AA adios , likely best scenario is keep him next year and hope he rebounds and then deal him  ... we keep 4/5 guys everyone else can f*** off

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You and @krsmith17 have merged. I can no longer exist in this reality. 

Agree on one thing ... You and that moron have merged  7 years ago so im sure you can exist in this reality if not theres always an easy way out 

The concern I have is hitting the reset button over and over again. I don't want this team to be another Oilers. At some point, you have to go with the cards ur dealt. Larkin, Mantha, Seider, Zadina, mat not be an elite core, but they don't have to be. These arent guys who can do it on their own, but with the right complimentary players, they can perform at an elite level. I would rather just keep the guys we have and keep adding to it.

51 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't blame you. I can't believe we were talking about it to begin with...

Sure. If the return is there, go for it.

What do you think would be fair value for Mantha? Athanasiou?

For Athanasiou I want a first. For Mantha it's a lot more complicated so it probably involves a first + a roster player + possibly multiple prospects. Might be smarter to move both at the draft.

41 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Everyones f***en pissed cause we suck dick but i dont know how anybody would have expected this season to turn out the way it did , get real man

2012-2016: Team is actually making the playoffs. NITF: This teams sucks (what did you expect?)

2020: Team actually sucks. NITF: I don't see what everyone is so mad about

27 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

nm

This board is toxic. I get called stupid and dumb on a daily basis now that there's no mods. And as a stupid and dumb person I am severely offended by this.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The concern I have is hitting the reset button over and over again. I don't want this team to be another Oilers. At some point, you have to go with the cards ur dealt. Larkin, Mantha, Seider, Zadina, mat not be an elite core, but they don't have to be. These arent guys who can do it on their own, but with the right complimentary players, they can perform at an elite level. I would rather just keep the guys we have and keep adding to it.

Not including Hronek

E6E33F3FC4F2441145FEAC95CD89758E978B3FE9

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Pretty happy for the return on the Jason Zucker trade to Pittsburgh. Should set the market for an Athanasiou trade.  If Zucker got a 1st, depth player, and top prospect you've gotta figure AA yields a first and middling prospect at least.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Always love when these nerd beat reporters drop a "hot take" every fan with any brains has been talking about for a week.  There's no reason why I can't do Khan, or St. James', job.  In fact, all I'd have to do is sit for an extra week on ideas I've already been having and I'd be operating at the industry standard.

18 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Always love when these nerd beat reporters drop a "hot take" every fan with any brains has been talking about for a week.  There's no reason why I can't do Khan, or St. James', job.  In fact, all I'd have to do is sit for an extra week on ideas I've already been having and I'd be operating at the industry standard.

I wonder how much they make honestly. It's like the least demanding job of all time.

R u a Berniebro now?

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh I thought u told me once u dont ascribe to any party or something

I don't. In 2004 I voted for Kerry, in 2008 I voted for Obama, in 2012 I voted for Romney, in 2016 I didn't vote for President at all, and I plan to vote for Bernie in our primary this year.

Edit:  Also, I'm not a member of either party and never have been.  Furthermore, I think people who ARE members of a party are dumb.

Edited by kipwinger

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nice

I write in Dick Cheney's name every year

Hilarious lol.  Mine aren't protest votes though.  I genuinely have a valid reason for supporting everyone I support (or at least I think so), and if I don't have a good reason to support someone I don't vote.

Why am I voting for Bernie?  Because 3 months ago one of my best friends die of an opiate overdose. This is a real problem that has affected hundreds of thousands of American families since 2017.  Bernie Sanders is the only politician I've seen even mention this very real problem, let alone side with regular folks on the topic, since that time.  Not Warren, not Biden, not Trump, not anyone else.  Only Bernie actually seems to have a grasp on what types of things are affecting regular people in America.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Hilarious lol.  Mine aren't protest votes though.  I genuinely have a valid reason for supporting everyone I support (or at least I think so), and if I don't have a good reason to support someone I don't vote.

Why am I voting for Bernie?  Because 3 months ago one of my best friends die of an opiate overdose. This is a real problem that has affected hundreds of thousands of American families since 2017.  Bernie Sanders is the only politician I've seen even mention this very real problem, let alone side with regular folks on the topic, since that time.  Not Warren, not Biden, not Trump, not anyone else.  Only Bernie actually seems to have a grasp on what types of things are affecting regular people in America.

Condolences and sorry to hear that.

Agreed Opiates are a problem. I've been prescribed them before and seen some good folks mess up their lives on them. Extremely addictive.

I have some love for the Bern. I view him as kinda a horse shoe to Trump. Populist candidate who's party really doesn't want him to win. Offering to upset the system. He has all my best wishes. At least he's not the typical DNC loser IMHO.

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Seth jones is out 8-10 weeks , maybe we can blackmail them into taking mike green ... we need to get some dirt on Kekäläinen

Not a bad idea. I'm still shocked at how good they are considering they lost Duchene, Bob, and Panarin.

As it stands right now, I think Torts wins COY.