• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

According to Pronman, Julien Gauthier "could be on the move at the trade deadline" ...

What would it take to acquire him? Do we have anything that the Canes would want?

To CAR - Athanasiou, Svechnikov
To DET - Gauthier, 2nd round pick

???

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

According to Pronman, Julien Gauthier "could be on the move at the trade deadline" ...

What would it take to acquire him? Do we have anything that the Canes would want?

To CAR - Athanasiou, Svechnikov
To DET - Gauthier, 2nd round pick

???

What about Maybe bokk instead? Get seider a german buddy (assuming we get lafraniere and not stutzle)

And Not actively thinking of dealing mantha but what would ppl here think if we traded him in a package involving byram ? I would Hate to see mantha go but would really boost our d core for the future If we had byram seider hronek as our top 3 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

What about Maybe bokk instead? Get seider a german buddy (assuming we get lafraniere and not stutzle)

I like Bokk as well, but I doubt the Canes have much interest in moving him right now. According to Pronman (grain of salt), they are willing to move Gauthier, and I think he could be a solid middle (maybe top) six, right-handed winger.

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

And Not actively thinking of dealing mantha but what would ppl here think if we traded him in a package involving byram ? I would Hate to see mantha go but would really boost our d core for the future If we had byram seider hronek as our top 3 

I don't think I would trade Mantha for Byram right now. Mantha is a bonafide top line winger. Byram, although a very good prospect, is still an unknown at this point. I think he'll be a top four defenseman, but I'm not so sure he's a lock to be a top pair defenseman.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I like Bokk as well, but I doubt the Canes have much interest in moving him right now. According to Pronman (grain of salt), they are willing to move Gauthier, and I think he could be a solid middle (maybe top) six, right-handed winger.

I don't think I would trade Mantha for Byram right now. Mantha is a bonafide top line winger. Byram, although a very good prospect, is still an unknown at this point. I think he'll be a top four defenseman, but I'm not so sure he's a lock to be a top pair defenseman.

Ya maybe , checked their system and team and they have alot of good wingers and if they added AA and svechnikov maybe theyd be willing to move bokk ... havent followed up on gauthier since his draft year but if i had a choice id go for bokk

As for byram just figured if yzerman would ever deal him it would be for a young prospect with huge upside, cant see yzerman dealing him anytime soon though

@krsmith17 just read the athletic article on the top prospects available and they said gauthier would have to go through waivers and how me might not crack the lineup ... doesnt look like hes a good two way guy and id rather much target bokk somehow if possible but i do think a gauthier for svechnikov deal could be in the future 

makes sense if both teams arent sold on the players and they both have to pass waivers , andrei im sure would push management to make that deal ...id still prefer we call up svechnikov real soon and give him 10-15 games and see how he does , with him missing a whole season of hockey i still havent entirely written him off and would like to see him up before deciding on parting ways but gauthier can definetly be an option if bokk isnt available 

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

@krsmith17 just read the athletic article on the top prospects available and they said gauthier would have to go through waivers and how me might not crack the lineup ... doesnt look like hes a good two way guy and id rather much target bokk somehow if possible but i do think a gauthier for svechnikov deal could be in the future 

makes sense if both teams arent sold on the players and they both have to pass waivers , andrei im sure would push management to make that deal ...id still prefer we call up svechnikov real soon and give him 10-15 games and see how he does , with him missing a whole season of hockey i still havent entirely written him off and would like to see him up before deciding on parting ways but gauthier can definetly be an option if bokk isnt available 

I'd prefer Bokk as well, but I doubt he's available. Certainly not for just Svechnikov. I'd do a Svechnikov for Gauthier swap for sure, but I doubt Carolina would do it, even with the brother connection.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd prefer Bokk as well, but I doubt he's available. Certainly not for just Svechnikov. I'd do a Svechnikov for Gauthier swap for sure, but I doubt Carolina would do it, even with the brother connection.

You think? Well first for sure if andrei asked for it to happen i think they would ... doesnt seem they are that into gauthier from what i read ... and from what i checked they seem pretty similar besides yes gauthier having better offensive numbers this season 

both picked in same range in the draft pretty much but one year apart(think svechnikovs draft was better) pretty much same size ... just think if both teams decide it wont work with both guys it could be a type of move we see if svechnikov gets dealt ... id like to see him with the likes of larkin/mantha/bert/zadina/aa by seasons end for 10-15 games first though

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You think? Well first for sure if andrei asked for it to happen i think they would ... doesnt seem they are that into gauthier from what i read ... and from what i checked they seem pretty similar besides yes gauthier having better offensive numbers this season 

both picked in same range in the draft pretty much but one year apart(think svechnikovs draft was better) pretty much same size ... just think if both teams decide it wont work with both guys it could be a type of move we see if svechnikov gets dealt ... id like to see him with the likes of larkin/mantha/bert/zadina/aa by seasons end for 10-15 games first though

I think at this point, Svechnikov might become a middle six winger. I think Gauthier has top six upside. Guy is a beast. I'd definitely pull the trigger on that trade.