• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

AA vs. Mantha

Rate this topic

Over the course of their careers who has played with the better linemates, AA or Mantha  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mantha. But when referring to the BLM line I think Mantha has helped make them better.

Can't say I've seen the same from AA on any line. 

Note: Unlike apparently everyone else on here that seem very objective, I have a bias.  I think AA is overrated and, generally, a bum. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Mantha. But when referring to the BLM line I think Mantha has helped make them better.

Can't say I've seen the same from AA on any line. 

Note: Unlike apparently everyone else on here that seem very objective, I have a bias.  I think AA is overrated and, generally, a bum. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

That's fine.  I'm just asking a simple question, "who played with the better players".  Not "who is a better player" or "who's line is better".  Simply, "who played with better players". 

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

That's fine.  I'm just asking a simple question, "who played with the better players".  Not "who is a better player" or "who's line is better".  Simply, "who played with better players". 

Yeah. I can't remember forever ago but I'd say the answer is Mantha. 

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah. I can't remember forever ago but I'd say the answer is Mantha. 

Fair enough, that's why I said "generally" in the poll. 

1 minute ago, ely s said:

Mantha did, because AA against the opponents best line? never going to work

Make sure you vote. 

Yeah. The question is rigged, lil bit. 

It's not rigged, it's for context.  Once enough people have voted I'll explain where this is all going but I don't want to bias anything beforehand. 

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah. The question is rigged, lil bit. 

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

It's not rigged, it's for context.  Once enough people have voted I'll explain where this is all going but I don't want to bias anything beforehand. 

Cant make a poll without everyone bitching about it

Just now, kipwinger said:

I know. But if you were really into context you have to allow people to say "why" Mantha has better line mates. 

And you'd get very legit feedback like this 

6 minutes ago, ely s said:

Mantha did, because AA against the opponents best line? never going to work

and this 

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Counter point: AA does not need linemates cause he's not a team player

But you know this 

I know. But if you were really into context you have to allow people to say "why" Mantha has better line mates. 

And you'd get very legit feedback like this 

and this 

But you know this 

I agree, but none of that is the point that I'll be making.  But if it helps you to feel better about my intentions I'll say this, irrespective of linemates, Mantha is a better hockey player than AA and that's why he gets more minutes with better linemates. 

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I agree, but none of that is the point that I'll be making.  But if it helps you to feel better about my intentions I'll say this, irrespective of linemates, Mantha is a better hockey player than AA and that's why he gets more minutes with better linemates. 

All right all right. Not trying to hijack you're thread. I'll stay out of it. 

edit: spelling

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

All right all right. Not trying to hijack you're thread. I'll stay out of it. 

edit: spelling

I don't think you were.  I think those are valid points, and it's reasonable to skeptical on this (or any) discussion board because usually people are more interested in trying to "win" rather than trying to be "correct".  Which is why I'm trying not to say too much until it's pretty clear which way the wind is blowing on the question above.  Don't want to tinge things.

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Real question: Did you ever play hockey competitively? 

Is this f***ing guy seriously asking if people have ever played competitive hockey?

What a f***ing loser.

I guarentee I have played more "competitive hockey" than kipf***ingwinger. What does that have to do with anything though? This guy doesn't even watch hockey, let alone "play at a high level"...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Is this f***ing guy seriously asking if people have ever played competitive hockey?

Yes

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What a f***ing loser.

You're gonna lose using ad hominems

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I guarentee I have played more "competitive hockey" than kipf***ingwinger. What does that have to do with anything though? This guy doesn't even watch hockey, let alone "play at a high level"... 

You're stooping to the level you complained about in your opening statement

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yes

You're gonna lose using ad hominems

You're stooping to the level you complained about in your opening statement

You're right. I am. However, I would never ask someone if they have ever played competitive hockey in a hockey debate. Just pointing out how much of a moron this guy is.

Just now, kipwinger said:

Lemme guess, the one guy who said AA has had better linemates was Krsmith?

Nope. Never voted. 

Just now, krsmith17 said:

You're right. I am. However, I would never ask someone if they have ever played competitive hockey in a hockey debate. Just pointing out how much of a moron this guy is.

It was a genuine question, there are tons of people on this site that have never played a single game of hockey.  As a result they might not understand some of the finer points of playing the game.  I have no idea whether Neo is in that group or not, which is why I asked.  Sorry if that gets your panties in a bunch. 

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Nope. Never voted. 

Well rather than assume you're a coward and you're avoiding the question which I asked you directly in the other thread, I'll give you another chance here.  Who do you think has had the better linemates throughout your career?

Edited by kipwinger