• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

World Juniors

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Context?

kip was s***ing on team Canada's leadership group, Hayton and Veleno in particular. They were both great on the ice, and in the dressing room (according to teammates). Canada won the gold medal on the backs of those bad leaders.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

kip was s***ing on team Canada's leadership group, Hayton and Veleno in particular. They were both great on the ice, and in the dressing room (according to teammates). Canada won the gold medal on the backs of those bad leaders.

Oh, ok. Missed the sarcasm.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Veleno was fantastic at center, his faceoff wins were huge all tournament. His defense also impressed me, had some beautiful backcheck takeaways.

13 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Veleno was fantastic at center, his faceoff wins were huge all tournament. His defense also impressed me, had some beautiful backcheck takeaways.

Yeah, the production still isn't quite where I'd like to see it, but he created scoring opportunities and was robbed point blank on several occasions. And like you mentioned, was a beast defensively, and played huge minutes in all situations. Overall, a really good tournament for Veleno.

McIsaac played well too. I think he'll be a solid bottom four defenseman that can play physical, block shots and kill penalties.

Seider was an absolute beast, and one of the best defensemen in the entire tournament in my opinion. I don't think there's much question he'll be a very good top pairing defenseman. The question is, will he be a legit number one (top 20 in the league)? 

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, the production still isn't quite where I'd like to see it, but he created scoring opportunities and was robbed point blank on several occasions. And like you mentioned, was a beast defensively, and played huge minutes in all situations. Overall, a really good tournament for Veleno.

McIsaac played well too. I think he'll be a solid bottom four defenseman that can play physical, block shots and kill penalties.

Seider was an absolute beast, and one of the best defensemen in the entire tournament in my opinion. I don't think there's much question he'll be a very good top pairing defenseman. The question is, will he be a legit number one (top 20 in the league)? 

A late Christmas present would be us getting some luck at the lottery, and drafting Lafreniere only for him to re-unite with Veleno, and they make beautiful babies together (or sumthin along those lines) at the NHL level.

20 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I think McIsaac is a top 4 guy in the right situation.   Probably the defensive yin to his partners' offensive yang.