• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/29 Wheeeeeeeeeee GDT - Red Wings @ Lightning - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Man Tampa blows.  Hard not to think that NHL coaching genius John Tortorella developed the blueprint for beating these p*ssies a year ago.  At what point is a team no longer "underperforming" and when do they just start "sucking"?

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

He deserves 1st, 2nd and 3rd star.. again.  He's always good for the Wings, wish they would return the favor

I wish they would too. They just really lack any cohesiveness as a team. There's a individual efforts to try to start things, but they always get broken up because they don't rely on their teammates.

Just now, aflac9262 said:

I wish they would too. They just really lack any cohesiveness as a team. There's a individual efforts to try to start things, but they always get broken up because they don't rely on their teammates.

true statement.  They have no chemistry as a team at all.  It's self-defeating, but I don't know how you force that sort of thing in a team environment

4 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

He deserves 1st, 2nd and 3rd star.. again.  He's always good for the Wings, wish they would return the favor

Pretty hard to compete with the roster that Steven has assembled.  If Wings fans want to see better then it's pretty easy to figure out who's at fault, and if they're ok with tanking on purpose (as we're doing) then half of LGW needs to walk back their comments about teams losing on purpose.  I recall a number of folks around there bitching in years past about the draft lottery, and teams tanking, and advocating for the Gold Plan, etc. Will be curious to see how everyone responds now that Lord Steven is losing on purpose.

FABBRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Pretty hard to compete with the roster that Steven has assembled.  If Wings fans want to see better then it's pretty easy to figure out who's at fault, and if they're ok with tanking on purpose (as we're doing) then half of LGW needs to walk back their comments about teams losing on purpose.  I recall a number of folks around there bitching in years past about the draft lottery, and teams tanking, and advocating for the Gold Plan, etc. Will be curious to see how everyone responds now that Lord Steven is losing on purpose.

Cool story, dude, thx for stopping by, always good to have you in the GDT, awesome.

--------------

End of 2nd. Tied at 1. So far, so...good?

Edited by Dabura

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

FABBRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool story, dude, thx for stopping by, always good to have you in the GDT, awesome.

Your first 4 or 5 posts today were all relentlessly negative and you're calling me out?  Lol. 

Also, I assume you agree that Yzerman is fielding a purposely s***ty team. Otherwise, he should be fired right now for incompetence. 

I don't like Blah-shill... but have come to a point where I don't think this is all his fault.  I am not sure any coach can create team chemistry, where there is none.  Aside from Bertuzzi and Hronek, our younger guys don't seem to have the hockey sense to match their technical skills.  Perhaps that is common with the young ones now.  Doesn't help to lose DeKeyser for the season (my take on this situation).  And losing Kronner was critical.  He was obviously the glue for the D, bad as they were then, it really shows now.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Your first 4 or 5 posts today were all relentlessly negative and you're calling me out?  Lol.

r e l e n t l e s s l y  n e g a t i v e

CRL knows I love him like a brother and Neo knows I love his mother like a mother. You be poppin' in here out of nowhere and doing your "Heh, guess lots of LGWers are looking pretty stupid right about now" thing. I respect the hustle, I'm just saying.

As for my thoughts on Yzerman, I honestly don't really care. I never expected him to be a savior and I still maintain that losing on purpose is dumb. Does that mean I think Yzerman should be fired? I mean, no, not really...? But if he gets fired, cool, whatever. The ensuing chaos would be a nice change of pace.

Edited by Dabura

Just now, Dabura said:

r e l e n t l e s s l y  n e g a t i v e

CRL knows I love him like a brother and Neo knows I love his mother like a mother. You be poppin' in here out of nowhere and doing you're "Heh, guess lots of LGWers are looking pretty stupid right about now." I respect the hustle, I'm just saying.

As for my thoughts on Yzerman, I honestly don't really care. I never expected him to be a savior and I still maintain that losing on purpose is dumb. Does that mean I think Yzerman should be fired? I mean, no, not really...? But if he gets fired, cool, whatever. The ensuing chaos would be a nice change of pace.

Yeah, because you're such a big fan of things that mix up the status quo.

Just now, kipwinger said:

Not really into MAGA chicks.

Watch, we're gonna find out that Matt or Mabus is actually Neo's mom and this whole place is gonna get nuked from orbit.

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

Scotty looks good for 86 years young.  He could come back to us, and maybe win another Cup before he turns 90.

The man doesn't age. It's actually kind of creepy.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Watch, we're gonna find out that Matt or Mabus is actually Neo's mom and this whole place is gonna get nuked from orbit.

Can't speak for Mab, but Matt's too busy making excusing for Michigan football to even update the layout of this page and remove Zetterberg and Tatar from the background.  Something tells me that he, or she (given your theory), can't be bothered to "nuke" this site.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The man doesn't age. It's actually kind of creepy.

he really doesn't!  Work is aging me drastically, I fear.  Of course, I have never won anything at work, so that might be a factor... that, and millions of dollars and accolades and stuff like that which are lacking in my world.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Can't speak for Mab, but Matt's too busy making excusing for Michigan football to even update the layout of this page and remove Zetterberg and Tatar from the background.  Something tells me that he, or she (given your theory), can't be bothered to "nuke" this site.

I will get this place nuked if it's the last thing I do.