• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/31 New Decade's Eve GDT - Sharks @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

I guess it's fitting that we're closing out this decade against the Sharks. They knocked us out of the playoffs in 2010 and 2011, and I suppose it's fair to say those two disappointing exits were sort of (the beginning of) the end of that Cup window.

We were rivals at the top and now we're rivals at the bottom...

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2019/league

Hmmm. Look at that. Wings, Devils, Sharks, Kings. All in the basement. Sharks embarrassed us in '94. Devils embarrassed us in '95. Kings embarrassed us in '01. Silver lining? '94 and '95 sucked, but we won back-to-back Cups shortly thereafter. '01 sucked, but we won the Cup in '02. Maybe good things are coming our way in the '20s.

I dunno.

(This has been Attempting to Read the Machinery of the Universe with Dabura. Made possible by viewers like you.)

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I guess it's fitting that we're closing out this decade against the Sharks. They knocked us out of the playoffs in 2010 and 2011, and I suppose it's fair to say those two disappointing exits were sort of (the beginning of) the end of that Cup window.

We were rivals at the top and now we're rivals at the bottom...

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2019/league

Hmmm. Look at that. Wings, Devils, Sharks, Kings. All in the basement. Sharks embarrassed us in '94. Devils embarrassed us in '95. Kings embarrassed us in '01. Silver lining? '94 and '95 sucked, but we won back-to-back Cups shortly thereafter. '01 sucked, but we won the Cup in '02. Maybe good things are coming our way in the '20s.

I dunno.

(This has been Attempting to Read the Machinery of the Universe with Dabura. Made possible by viewers like you.)

After tonight it looks like we don't play the sharks again until the next decade!

lol

plz kill me

Bernie in net... we have a chance, anyway.  Did anyone else see the RUMOR that Stevie is gonna fire Blah-shill?

Game 41... woooaaahhh, we're halfway thereeee...... definitely livin' on a prayer at this point.. LOL    LGRW!!!

Edited by puckloo39

20 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Bernie in net... we have a chance, anyway.  Did anyone else see the RUMOR that Stevie is gonna fire Blah-shill?

Game 41... woooaaahhh, we're halfway thereeee...... definitely livin' on a prayer at this point.. LOL    LGRW!!!

Where did you catch that?

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

Where did you catch that?

some random post on Facebook... I will go see if I can find it...

here you go:  https://detroitsportsnation.com/rumor-detroit-red-wings-gm-steve-yzerman-fire-jeff-blashill/apowell/detroit-red-wings-news/12/31/2019/216605/?fbclid=IwAR0PE-5IiRcp_cMfFwfy1AkuQj9_LpX6xmSfmZ12fB8IeveM39a1k-aaRt0

Very unsubstantiated... LOL~

Edited by puckloo39

15 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

nhltraderumors.me seems to be the original source. I have no idea about the credibility of that website. Looking at their frontpage, they seem to throw a lot of s*** against the wall. 

One can hope...

Edited by Akakabuto

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

nhltraderumors.me seems to be the original source. I have no idea about the credibility of that website. Looking at their frontpage, they seem to throw a lot of s*** to the wall. 
One can hope. 

they do have that reputation, yes...   I am guessing Stevie will let it ride and make a change post-season.