• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Seider for Captain

Rate this topic

As much as Larkin is a great player and hometown kid, I've never seen this sort of praise for him. Meanwhile, Seider has basically floods of people constantly taking about what a great person, vet presence, leader, and teammate he his. On top of that, he looks like the best Dman not in the NHL right now. With Yzerman not naming a captain this year I'm starting to suspect "The Captain" nabbed his future captain with his very first ever draft selection as a Red Wings manager...

If Yzerguy chooses not to name a C again next year (which I think is highly likely given the state of the team) I think the writing will be on the wall for Larkin. I can see Seider coming in and immediately capturing our crappy diseased locker-room with his big personality, and positioning himself for the C in his first year.

What'd you think? Too ambitious for him?

To be fair, I dont think Seider will be captain.

1. When he makes the team, he will likely be the youngest player on it.

2. He would be the only player on the roster from his country.

3. He's a defenseman, which is a less "flashy" position.

Yes, there have been captains who met one or even 2 of these points. But I think all 3 work against him.

I still think Larkin gets it. (Hence my post about Americans earlier)

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

27 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

us-border-rump-make-again-pepe-trump-271

Now that I think of it, the East Germans were good wall builders and border guards as well. 

But Seider is from Zell, a part of West Germany.

Fum fact: Seider is a South German and Jewish term for a silk merchant. (Stupid Neo and his apple cider references)

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

To be fair, I dont think Seider will be captain.

1. When he makes the team, he will likely be the youngest player on it.

2. He would be the only player on the roster from his country.

3. He's a defenseman, which is a less "flashy" position.

Yes, there have been captains who met one or even 2 of these points. But I think all 3 work against him.

I still think Larkin gets it. (Hence my post about Americans earlier)

I see #1 as the only real detriment.

Question is, how long is realistic to run 4 assistants?

Yzerman could be like "f*** this crappy team" and not name a captain for like the next 3 seasons if he wants. I don't see any reason why he can't. Giving Seider the time to become the lockerroom leader.

It's up to Larkin to grab I guess. The down season, plus his ASG comments, plus the cocaine rumors, plus the supposed hangover during the Winnipeg trip, are starting to paint a different pic of this kid. And I know a lot of people are starting to view him as only a good 2C as well.

I'm definitely taking the rumors with a grain of salt, and haven't given up on the kid even a lill, but maybe he's just not the leader we hoped...

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

plus his ASG comments, plus the cocaine rumors, plus the supposed hangover during the Winnipeg trip, are starting to paint a different pic of this kid. And I know a lot of people are starting to view him as only a good 2C as well.

I'm definitely taking the rumors with a grain of salt, and haven't given up on the kid even a lill, but maybe he's just not the leader we hoped...

Not yet.

So we were talking about the WJs in the discord and this is Seider in context so far:

Seider is literally playing like 30 minutes a game (mental)

He's been up against the toughest opponents (Canada, USA, Russia, Czech)

And has only allowed 1 even strength goal against during that time. When he's not on the ice Germany's opponents have scored 11 even strength goals against.

Couple that with the fact that his German teammates aren't exactly the best either

He literally IS team Germany. Other teams do not score when his skates touch the ice.

Yzerman to Konstantinov right now: "Shhhhh, don't worry Vladdy... I found ur brother"

Vladimir%20Konstantinov%20(Getty).jpg

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So we were talking about the WJs in the discord and this is Seider in context so far:

And has only allowed 1 even strength goal against during that time. When he's not on the ice Germany's opponents have scored 11 even strength goals against.

Couple that with the fact that his German teammates aren't exactly the best either

He literally IS team Germany. Other teams do not score when his skates touch the ice.

Yzerman to Konstantinov right now: "Shhhhh, don't worry Vladdy... I found ur brother"

That picture makes me sad. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Is Stutzle doing anything?

I haven’t been watching much of the tournament thus far.

18 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Is Stutzle doing anything?

I haven’t been watching much of the tournament thus far.

Stoots has 3 assists and is -4.

The only real players on the team are Stoots, Seider, and Bokk, so they've got their work cut out for them. Probably why the team is leaning on Seider so heavily. The rest of the D and the goalies aren't any good really.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I see #1 as the only real detriment.

Question is, how long is realistic to run 4 assistants?

Yzerman could be like "f*** this crappy team" and not name a captain for like the next 3 seasons if he wants. I don't see any reason why he can't. Giving Seider the time to become the lockerroom leader.

It's up to Larkin to grab I guess. The down season, plus his ASG comments, plus the cocaine rumors, plus the supposed hangover during the Winnipeg trip, are starting to paint a different pic of this kid. And I know a lot of people are starting to view him as only a good 2C as well.

I don't think I've heard this one, where's it from?

52 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

As much as Larkin is a great player and hometown kid, I've never seen this sort of praise for him. Meanwhile, Seider has basically floods of people constantly taking about what a great person, vet presence, leader, and teammate he his. On top of that, he looks like the best Dman not in the NHL right now. With Yzerman not naming a captain this year I'm starting to suspect "The Captain" nabbed his future captain with his very first ever draft selection as a Red Wings manager...

If Yzerguy chooses not to name a C again next year (which I think is highly likely given the state of the team) I think the writing will be on the wall for Larkin. I can see Seider coming in and immediately capturing our crappy diseased locker-room with his big personality, and positioning himself for the C in his first year.

What'd you think? Too ambitious for him?

As you stated, with him on the ice GER was a different team, he is a natural leader, I´ve seen it during the WC, in development camp, the prospects tournament and now the world juniors. He wants to be the guy, he is giving "orders", is talking a lot to his teammates and having this calm demeanor only helps, but being the captain from the get go might be a bit more than he can carry. I don´t know, he mastered every task that was given to him so far. He is 18 only on paper and as you said, probably(i think he is) the best defenseman not playing in the NHL. He might be a good captain, but it looks like a bold move to me to name a then 19 yo captain of an NHL team

9 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I don't think I've heard this one, where's it from?

Straight off the bat, it's pure speculation...

We had a game in Winnipeg earlier this season, then a day off, then we played Winnipeg in Detroit.

The Wings were supposed to fly home to Detroit on that middle day off, but the plane broke down so the team had to spend an extra night in Winnipeg.

Come game time for the game against Winnipeg in Detroit, Larkin and Athanasiou were both reported as sick and unsure if they were gonna play. Larkin ended up playing in the game last minute, but AA did not. AA was back for the next game after (awfully speedy recovery for the two of them). When asked about their "sickness" by the media, Larkin responded something along the lines of "Just that cold Winnipeg air got us".

Anyway it screamed to me that the two went out boozin' and carryin' on during their extra night in Winnipeg. It's exactly what I would've done when I was 23/24. They were temporarily "sick" the next day cause they were hungover as all hell prolly. Which explains the speedy recovery by the two of them. But to Larkin's credit he manned up and played at the last minute.

I'm not overly miffed about it, that's what young guys do, but the behavior is setting a bad example, especially for Larkin who is now the supposed face of the franchise and a guy that everyone is expected to look to. Makes me think he's def not ready to be a captain yet. And you better believe their teammates and Yzerman knew exactly what kind of shenanigans they were up to in Winnipeg. I'm sure Yzerguy and Blash weren't exactly thrilled about it...

54 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Stoots has 3 assists and is -4.

The only real players on the team are Stoots, Seider, and Bokk, so they've got their work cut out for them. Probably why the team is leaning on Seider so heavily. The rest of the D and the goalies aren't any good really.

Lukas Reichel (nephew of Robert Reichel) and John Peterka are also playing in the DEL at the age of 17 and might be second round selections this year and Justin Schütz a 6th round pick in 2018, but apart of these 6 the team is pretty much crap

6 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

and cocaine rumors?

Someone else will have to clarify the cocaine rumors. I've heard second hand that the Dboss has a penchant for the special snow.

But I tend to believe a lot of young players do coke from time to time, and it doesn't overly concern me TBH. As long as he doesn't develop a problem.

But now he doesn't wanna go to the ASG? What so you can go party and blow off steam? Little concerning amidst some of the other things popping up...

3 minutes ago, ely s said:

As you stated, with him on the ice GER was a different team, he is a natural leader, I´ve seen it during the WC, in development camp, the prospects tournament and now the world juniors. He wants to be the guy, he is giving "orders", is talking a lot to his teammates and having this calm demeanor only helps, but being the captain from the get go might be a bit more than he can carry. I don´t know, he mastered every task that was given to him so far. He is 18 only on paper and as you said, probably(i think he is) the best defenseman not playing in the NHL. He might be a good captain, but it looks like a bold move to me to name a then 19 yo captain of an NHL team

Yeah it probably wouldn't be in his first season. Maybe 2nd season at the very earliest. I just don't know how long Yzerman plans to run with 4 A's. Part of me thinks you can do it indefinitely, and part of me thinks you should hurry up and pick a captain at some point.

Maybe name someone like Glendog captain in the meantime? IDK...

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Someone else will have to clarify the cocaine rumors. I've heard second hand that the Dboss has a penchant for the special snow.

But I tend to believe a lot of young players do coke from time to time, and it doesn't overly concern me TBH. As long as he doesn't develop a problem.

If he's doing any coke, its a problem. It's banned by the league and it's illegal. If he were to be busted for it, it would cost him and the team dearly.

40 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

If he's doing any coke, its a problem. It's banned by the league and it's illegal. If he were to be busted for it, it would cost him and the team dearly.

You're not wrong

But among rich young adults I'd say cocaine is a lot more common than a lot of folks realize, or are at least willing to admit. It's like what weed is to not-so-rich young adults. Even if you don't do it yourself, you're still gonna run into a lot of folks who do. Don't mean to normalize it, but I think it's kinda the ugly truth.

Also cocaine leaves ur system super fast, especially if you're in great shape like young athletes are. I imagine that's why most aren't that concerned about getting caught by the league.

I don't really care personally if that's what he wants to do. As long as he's smart about it and saves it for a weekend here or there and doesn't get his dumb ass caught. But yeah, I'd definitely prefer he NOT do it. And if he wants to be captain he probably shouldn't being doing it. But I'm aslo saying there's probably more Red Wings on this team who have done coke at some point than those who haven't.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs