• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Seider for Captain

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, town123 said:

Love the kid.    Will our smaller ice surfaces be better or worse for him as far as knocking the crap out of people?

he made his presence felt last year in the AHL, it really doesn´t matter to him, he´s comfortable on both sheets. But what is really frightening is when you see the frame of his dad, he is huge. If Moritz has the same build, we will see a lot of wreckage in Motown

2 hours ago, Gniwder said:

I told you he´s going to fix some things immediately. These were grown men not some 18 year olds he was pushing around. He seems to be the complete package, can´t wait to finally see him in Detroit

2 minutes ago, ely s said:

I told you he´s going to fix some things immediately. These were grown men not some 18 year olds he was pushing around. He seems to be the complete package, can´t wait to finally see him in Detroit

Bruh I'm Seider's biggest fan. I advocated drafting him before we did draft him. I unironically believe he's the best player not currently in the NHL and will win a norris or two one day.

I'm just not under the illusion that a 20 year old rookie Dman - even one as good as Seider - is gonna fix this team. It will certainly help, but this team has a longggggggg way to go even with a mature Seider on the roster.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

So destined to become a quality 2nd line center for the Wings...Cool.

When was the last time we actually had a legit 2nd line center not named Datsyuk or Zberg? Don't tell me it was Robby Lang.

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Wasn’t that Datsyuk?

23 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

When was the last time we actually had a legit 2nd line center not named Datsyuk or Zberg? Don't tell me it was Robby Lang.

Filppula in 2008?

And wasnt Larionov 2C in 98 with Federov on his wing?

On topic:

31 prospects; Red Wings Seider among top performers of 2020-21

Detroit Red Wings - Moritz Seider, D, Rogle (SHL)

The way he has played this year, I really feel that there’s a good case for Seider being the best player outside of the NHL currently. Seider leads all U20 players in the SHL with 26 points. That puts him just five points behind Nils Lundkvist’s record for points by a U20 defenseman in SHL history, set last season. Seider, however, has a higher points-per-game rate at 0.72.

He is 10th in scoring by defensemen in the league and sixth in points per game for a defenseman. On top of that, Seider has showcased elite defensive abilities thanks to his mobility, range and smarts. On top of that, he’s been absolutely dropping players, hardening his physical edge and showing that he will be a force in all zones. There just aren’t any noticeable weaknesses in his game. Maybe he’s not a naturally dynamic offensively, but he’s effective. His range is incredible and he moves pucks with such maturity and confidence. I can’t see any situation where he’s not on Detroit’s opening-night roster in 2021-22 and playing top four minutes in short order.

Also, I wanted to quickly recognize Jonatan Berggren, who probably would be in this slot if he were in any other organization. He’s seventh in SHL scoring right now with 40 points and by far the top scorer among players 21 or younger in the league. His skill level is simply outstanding and he’s made a huge impact this season.

57 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

I just want to reiterate that i am the genius hockey mind that discovered moritz seider. You all dismissed my calls to draft him prior to the day. And then i had to talk you all into the pick when he went at #6. Recognize me. 

Copy, and paste what you posted a few years ago, or forever be known on these boards as a lying sack of cat feces.

13 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Copy, and paste what you posted a few years ago, or forever be known on these boards as a lying sack of cat feces.

A month before the draft:

On 6/10/2019 at 1:16 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:
  • Dman. Just turned 18. 6'4", 207 lbs. Shoots right.
  • Spent his draft year playing in a men's pro league at 17 years old. Finished the season playing top 4 minutes.
  • Won the league championship with that team (5 assists in 14 playoff games)
  • Captained the German world junior team at 17 in a tourney for 19 year olds, where they earned advancement to the main group next year (1 goal and 5 assists in 5 WJ games). Named the best Dman of the tournament.
  • Plays in all situations
  • No weaknesses, but lacks elite level skill
  • Praised for poise and veteran style play
  • Like Pietrangelo, big mobile and smart

Sign me up. I'm a Seider guy.

Could be argued Seider is the best dman in the draft not named Bowen Byram.

Broberg has the elite level skill that Seider doesn't have, but Broberg also disappears for long stretches and makes serious defensive lapses. Seider might lowkey be one of the most NHL ready prospects as well.

If Yzerman wants a D...

1. Byram
2. Seider
3. Broberg
4. York
5. Soderstrom

On 6/11/2019 at 12:04 PM, krsmith17 said:

I'd say Podkolzin to Detroit at 6 is 25%, depending on who's available. Seider to Detroit at 6 is 0%, but I think you know that...

On 6/11/2019 at 10:09 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The more I read and watch about the German kid, the more I actually like him. I think he may truly be the 2nd best Dman in this draft behind Byram. Interestingly enough I'd almost call him the forward version of Cozens. Big, strong, athletic, very complete game, lacks the truly elite skill (i dont mind this as much in a Dman), mature, smart, poised, has leadership qualities, probably more NHL ready than most. He's probably gonna top out around 6'5" 220+ lbs and shoots right as well.

He started the season with Mannheim playing top 6 and PK. Ended the season and playoffs playing top 4 and PK. Also was heavily deployed by the coach in the D zone. From what I've gathered he'll likely go back to Mannheim for one more year where he's expected to play top pair as well as PP and PK. He's not afraid to join the rush and has a very good/heavy shot... the coach kept him sheltered away from the O zone and away from the PP in his rookie year though.

Korbinian Holzer commented that he felt like he was playing with a guy twice his age with Seider, and Seider's coach apparently has praised his adaptability. That he adapts/learns/overcomes any situation you throw him into very quickly.

Maybe it's just my love of Lidstrom, but he gives me Lidstrom lite vibes.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:36 PM, krsmith17 said:

Seider is a mid to late round pick, not a 6th overall pick. He may even slip to the 2nd round (unlikely) if we're lucky...

With special guest appearance from @krsmith17

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Imagine being so fragile mentally that you have to cite posts from two years ago about that one time you were right about something. 

Hoping Rogle s***s the bed in the playoffs so Seider can come over before the season ends. 

But I was right wasn't I?