• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Seider for Captain

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Right now, I'd draft him ahead of all those guys except Makar.  No disrespect - a lot of those guys were better in their primes than Mo as a rookie.

Hot take Seider > every dman including Makar

What does a Seider extension look like?

We have to extend Berggren, Ras, and Raymond as well this coming year. I think their extensions will largely be based on performance in this coming year. But Seider is another animal entirely. He's our bonafide superstar #1 Dman.

SY bridged Hedman, but I think this would be a mistake for Mo. Hedman was a slow starter so it was warranted. But also the salary cap is predicted to dramatically rise over the next few years once covid escrow is paid off. So if we delay paying Seider with a bridge we may end up paying him a much larger cap hit down the road. I say lock him now on a massive 8 year deal.

$9 million x 8 years.

Seider was named All-Star Dman of the Worlds

There's also a czech news outlet that interviewed Seider at Worlds, and Mo talks about meeting up with Mazur and taking him under his wing, and how it's important to mentor rookies and make them feel included, and how it will benefit the organization long-term to do these things.

It's criminal this man is not captain.

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Seider was named All-Star Dman of the Worlds

There's also a czech news outlet that interviewed Seider at Worlds, and Mo talks about meeting up with Mazur and taking him under his wing, and how it's important to mentor rookies and make them feel included, and how it will benefit the organization long-term to do these things.

It's criminal this man is not captain.

Not happening for at least the next 8 years.

2 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Cuz Larkin was given the "C" by "The Captain" and just signed an 8 year deal? Maybe that's it?

I know. Such a bad take, right?

No it's a bad take cause Seider is a much better captain than Larkin