Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

1/3 CRL GDT ((Get in here)) Red Team @ Dallas Stars - 5:30 PM PST

Rate this topic

:goalie: ---------- Welcome to my GDT ---------- :goalie:

giphy.gif

:nhl2::nhl2::nhl2: DETROIT RED WINGS @ DALLAS STARS :nhl::nhl::nhl:

maxresdefault.jpg

:music::music::music::music::music::music: -------------------------- FRIDAY NIGHT HYPE -------------------------- :music::music::music::music::music::music:

******* New Decade *******
******* New Wings *******

3l2qp6.jpg

:hockey:

Last time these two teams met the Wings won 4-3 in the Wings home opener
Roope Hintz led Stars with 2 goals
Mantha had ******* 4

tenor.gif?itemid=5467410

Stars are starting their Winter Classic hangover as well

:hockey:

Recent News: Yzerman, Cleary, Horcoff seen scouting SWE/CZE WJ game

dxxbiqnjnf841.png

"Damn millennials and their flip phones" - Yzerman

LGRW

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Well, Wings are in the same state as me, but I am not there.  Once upon a time, I would have been driving to Dallas today...  Stars will be all full of themselves after winning the "winter classic" on NY Day.  Their fans are not mature, so expect an unfriendly welcome in Big D, my Wings.

See you guys later, Happy New Year!!  xo looo

PS - second largest crowd at Winter Classic at just under 90,000.  Wings v Loafs in 2014 was the largest at 105,000.  Not everything is bigger in TX. 

Edited by puckloo39

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

Well, Wings are in the same state as me, but I am not there.  Once upon a time, I would have been driving to Dallas today...  Stars will be all full of themselves after winning the "winter classic" on NY Day.  Their fans are not mature, so expect an unfriendly welcome in Big D, my Wings. 

See you guys later, Happy New Year!!  xo looo

When I attended a game back in '96 the Dallas fans were all quite nice, and very courteous...Sad to see that this may not be the case these days...Still - I gotta admit to really liking their WC jersey...I hope they wear it more often from now on.

Image result for stars wc jersey

I am not crazy about the GREEEEEEN-ness of their jerseys.  I live in TX, and love hockey.  I also lived in MN when the North Stars were still there.  Hockey did not begin its existence in 1992.  Try telling that to Dallas fans.  LOL~~   I would never, ever wear Wings gear in Dallas now.  Back 20 years ago, yes.  Now, no. I take Uber to the arena, as my car has Wings license plates and emblems on it.

i miss Reunion Arena (Dallas version of the Joe).  it's gone.  Since AA was opened I have noticed a shift in fan attitude.  Basically, if they're winning, fans are OK, I guess since they are winning?  Very fickle group, but fairly typical of this region.  Detroit fans are the best.  I watch (closely) how they respond to the team which doesn't win often.  They cheer and love them, and support the Wings.  That's why I am a Wings fan.. right there.  if they boo'ed this team (and Dallas fans would) - it would gut the current version of the Red Wings.  Love Motown!!

Edited by puckloo39

Pepes galore

So Jim Montgomery had a drinking problem. Not as exciting drama as I hoped lol. Stars probably told him to get his s*** together and get sober and he didn't and got caught. Hope the firing wake up call helps him pull himself together. One of those things where he probably says getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to him in a few years. Guy can probably still get a job somewhere in the future too I would think.

In unrelated news, I hope the Stars celebrated after that WC win and their livers are still feeling it!

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pepes galore

So Jim Montgomery had a drinking problem. Not as exciting drama as I hoped lol. Stars probably told him to get his s*** together and get sober and he didn't and got caught. Hope the firing wake up call helps him pull himself together. One of those things where he probably says getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to him in a few years. Guy can probably still get a job somewhere in the future too I would think.

In unrelated news, I hope the Stars celebrated after that WC win and their livers are still feeling it!

Well, I wish him well... addiction is a rough thing to deal with, and I hope this does wake him up. 

As for the Steers not feeling so well tonight, we can hope they went out and celebrated knowing it's 'just the Wings' they face tonight. 

We have Mom Power on our side, so it's all good.  LGRW!!!

I'll be here for this game unfortunately. Still posting on my dumb phone because my fat cat wanted a snack and I was ignoring it so she face rubbed my laptop off of the coffee table when my face was buried in my switch and now it's a brick. It was a sweet xmas gift. 

Fairy Perry suspended for five games, for elbowing a Pred in the Winter Classic.  That was the highlight of the game -- watching him take that looong walk off the ice, ejected from the game.  At least with him gone, our guys are safer from cheap shots and having to look at his nasty face. 

I don't like him, in case you're wondering. :lol:

Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

This is making me eager for draft day moms.

Moms are great.  Ehn's mother has no clue what is going on, but she's having fun.  LOL

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm going bold.. its gonna be that one game this year. Wings are gonna put up 8 in a 8-5 final. LGW!

I am hoping they are still feeling good from the last couple of games... and I dislike Dallas, so that would be sweet to see the Wings win

Edited by puckloo39