• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil Lesh

Dylan Larkin's comments on ASG Last Man In voting...

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really don't get why everyone hates Burke so much.

This right here...I guess it's because he's a more mild mannered, and articulate version of Grapes...And you know how 'kids' under the age of 35 are now these days...Have an opinion  that they don't agree with - well then you're a racist/homophobe/misogynist/etc.

Gotta miss the time when people agreed to disagree, and having a differing opinion didn't mean you were a bad person...

Image result for gramps simpson cloud

Edited by F.Michael

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The truly good czech on this team doesn't get enough love. He's like the new Holmstrom, and is quietly the best player on this team.

If Hronek was Swedish, played the forward position, and got mostly in-the-crease, garbage goals on the PP, then yeah, exactly the same as Homer.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

22 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The mental gymnastics to defend the golden boy at all costs on full display today I see

I have no doubt Larkin would rather stay home. I think almost every player out there would rather stay home.

The difference is Alex Ovechkin turned down his invitation because he's old and said he needs the break to prepare himself for the coming playoff run. Very similar to Zetterberg. It makes sense, and Ovi has earned that privilege as a superstar with titles and a cup.

Larkin is 23 and has no chance of playing in the post season. He wants to stay home because he'd rather go fishing or drinking or whatever than represent his team at the ASG. I don't blame him for that, It's just a really dumb comment to make in his position being an under-performing player on the most under-performing team. Which is why he got the backlash from fans and from Burke.

But if you guys want to live in a bubble where these comments "make him honorable and an interesting person" go right ahead.

There's no one doing "mental gymnastics" here.  This is just you, once again, making something out of nothing. 

I'll ask you one simple question though... Do you honestly believe Larkin would have made those comment regarding the All-Star game if he had an extra 15-20 points on the season? I don't. Larkin is harder on himself than anyone, and he knows he hasn't been near good enough offensively this season. He's down on himself, and doesn't want to win a popularity contest to go to an event that he feels he doesn't deserve, this season. I respect the hell out of that.

10 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

If Hronek was Swedish, played the forward position, and got mostly in-the-crease, garbage goals on the PP, then yeah, exactly the same as Homer.

Remember how Homer could barely speak? That was the comparison I was trying to make

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

There's no one doing "mental gymnastics" here.  This is just you, once again, making something out of nothing. 

I'll ask you one simple question though... Do you honestly believe Larkin would have made those comment regarding the All-Star game if he had an extra 15-20 points on the season? I don't. Larkin is harder on himself than anyone, and he knows he hasn't been near good enough offensively this season. He's down on himself, and doesn't want to win a popularity contest to go to an event that he feels he doesn't deserve, this season. I respect the hell out of that.

Wow it's like you're in the room with him. Did he email you and tell you all this?

Or in reality do you not actually know anything about Larkin's personality or how he's currently feeling and ur just pulling narratives outta ur ass?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wow it's like you're in the room with him. Did he email you and tell you all this?

Or in reality do you not actually know anything about Larkin's personality or how he's currently feeling and ur just pulling narratives outta ur ass?

No, I forgot, Larkin isn't hard on himself. He's lazy...

The reporters asking question after question about Marchand... jesus were they groveling for a soundbite.

I can't believe I am about to say this...

Thank God there were a couple women there to steer the conversation away from manufactured drama and back to hockey.

AS RIDICULOUS AS THAT SOUNDS, IT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

TBH, I can kinda see it. As Blashill puts it, he's a "baller."

17 hours ago, F.Michael said:

This right here...I guess it's because he's a more mild mannered, and articulate version of Grapes...And you know how 'kids' under the age of 35 are now these days...Have an opinion  that they don't agree with - well then you're a racist/homophobe/misogynist/etc.

Gotta miss the time when people agreed to disagree, and having a differing opinion didn't mean you were a bad person...

I like Burke. Even when I don't agree with him, I can still appeciate his spicy outspokenness.

(For the record, I pretty much agree with his take on Larkin's comments.)

All star game and selection is not what it used to be....I'm sure 90+% of that is because what it used to be is when I was a kid, so much different perspective, but for me, part of looking at player accomplishments is how many all star selections they have....which really doesn't make sense anymore.  The best players don't always get selected anymore....didn't use to be that way.  How does the #5 scorer not make the all star team?

Is it annoying when players say stuff like what Larkin said?  Sure.....easy to disparage him for that.  However, since I don't care enough anymore, I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt and look at it this way:  If I'm in Larkin's shoes....I'd be thinking to myself "please don't vote me in"....I'd be embarrassed being selected when I clearly don't deserve to be there....I'd be dreading showing up to the event.  The John Scott was a completely different scenario....everyone had fun with that.

37 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

All star game and selection is not what it used to be....I'm sure 90+% of that is because what it used to be is when I was a kid, so much different perspective, but for me, part of looking at player accomplishments is how many all star selections they have....which really doesn't make sense anymore.  The best players don't always get selected anymore....didn't use to be that way.  How does the #5 scorer not make the all star team?

Is it annoying when players say stuff like what Larkin said?  Sure.....easy to disparage him for that.  However, since I don't care enough anymore, I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt and look at it this way:  If I'm in Larkin's shoes....I'd be thinking to myself "please don't vote me in"....I'd be embarrassed being selected when I clearly don't deserve to be there....I'd be dreading showing up to the event.  The John Scott was a completely different scenario....everyone had fun with that.

Oh, definitely. Being an all-star doesn't mean anything anymore and I'm fine with Larkin wanting time off. Truth be told, I don't even really mind him saying it to reporters. But in terms of politics and optics and all that stuff that may or may not actually matter, he probably should've just given the canned "Sure, it'd be a big honor" response.

40 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Oh, definitely. Being an all-star doesn't mean anything anymore and I'm fine with Larkin wanting time off. Truth be told, I don't even really mind him saying it to reporters. But in terms of politics and optics and all that stuff that may or may not actually matter, he probably should've just given the canned "Sure, it'd be a big honor" response.

***yawn***

Then what would give CRL fuel for his Larkin is a Coke head rumor?

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

***yawn***

Then what would give CRL fuel for his Larkin is a Coke head rumor?

The way the entire team has been playing this season I'd say they're all on sumthin...

Edited by F.Michael

10 hours ago, Dabura said:

TBH, I can kinda see it. As Blashill puts it, he's a "baller."

I know what he was getting at, I was being a smart***.

10 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

The way the entire team has been playing this season I'd say they're all on sumthin...

If they were on something, like cocaine or meth, I would expect to see them flying off the boards, skating around like madmen, and just buzzing all over the other teams like a swarm of bees. Not seeing that at all. If these guys are doing coke, they should probably change their dealers, cuz the product is clearly being cut with a lot of baking soda.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I know what he was getting at, I was being a smart***.

If they were on something, like cocaine or meth, I would expect to see them flying off the boards, skating around like madmen, and just buzzing all over the other teams like a swarm of bees. Not seeing that at all. If these guys are doing coke, they should probably change their dealers, cuz the product is clearly being cut with a lot of baking soda.

I was thinking ganj, or lsd...Listless, and showing no emotion.

21 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

But why wouldn't Bergeron 2.0 be a lock for the ASG?

2 hours ago, mackel said:

But why wouldn't Bergeron 2.0 be a lock for the ASG?

You are aware that Bergeron 1.0 isn't even an All-Star this season right? He also only made one NHL All-Star appearance, back in 2015 when he was 29 years old...

Get over it dude. Larkin is a hell of a lot closer to Bergeron 2.0 than he is J. Stall 2.0... 

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You are aware that Bergeron 1.0 isn't even an All-Star this season right? He also only made one NHL All-Star appearance, back in 2015 when he was 29 years old...

Get over it dude. Larkin is a hell of a lot closer to Bergeron 2.0 than he is J. Stall 2.0... 

True

Bergeron is on pace for like 105 pts

Staal is on pace for like 75

Larkin is on pace for 63

Larkin is not only closer to J Staal, he's worse than J Staal.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

True

Larkin is on pace for 63

Bergeron on pace for 86 points, actually

J Staal is on pace for 32 points. 

Therefore according to maths, Larkin is closer to Bergeron than Staal*

*this does not mean I think Larkin is a Bergeron calibre center

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Bergeron on pace for 86 points, actually

J Staal is on pace for 32 points. 

Therefore according to maths, Larkin is closer to Bergeron than Staal*

I swear they're both overrated, why people even try to compare them to Bergeron? seems unfair to me

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

True

Larkin is on pace for 63

Where are you getting these numbers? Not a single one of them are right...

Bergeron - 86 points
Staal - 32 points
Larkin - 52 points

Larkin is still closer to Staal, but not even you're dumb enough to think Larkin is closer to a 32 point center than an 86 point center... Larkin is having a down season, playing on a s*** team, with, relatively speaking, s*** linemates. Again, if Larkin had a Pastrnak caliber winger, he'd be a hell of a lot closer to that 86 point pace, than his current 52 point pace.

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I'm not saying Larkin IS a Bergeron caliber center, but the potential is definitely there. He's already proven that he can produce. His defensive numbers are off the charts good this season. If he can combine that offensive ability he showed in 2018-19, with the defensive ability he has shown in 2019-20, along with playing with legit top line wingers (Mantha / Lafreniere / Zadina), I think he could be very close to a Bergeron level center.