• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/12 Sabre Rattling GDT - Sabres @ Red Wings - 5:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

what am I looking at here?  this is sadder than usual....

It's what happens when Jimmy "3 Goals" Howard is in net.  Looks like tonight he's overachieving.

Just now, NotTooAbby said:

It's what happens when Jimmy "3 Goals" Howard is in net.  Looks like tonight he's overachieving.

he has a 4.04 GAA.... so allowing 3 when you posted was actually a decent night for him...

now the story is different obviously

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2020/01/red-wings-goaltending-issues-muddled-by-jonathan-bernier-injury.html

Sorta agree with Mlives presentation and the Wings players take here. This team as a 5 man unit doesn't not manage the puck well. It's basically a nightmare for our goalies and the team in general.

Why is Bernier out again though? He's "sick" again? I'm sorta getting suspicious of why this guy is always "sick" or mysteriously strained/injured every time it's his time to start. Not to get all conspiratorial, but I would not at all be surprised if this guys agent told him to intentionally play as few games as possible for this years team. Protect your numbers so you can move on and get a job somewhere else next year. Honestly, I would tell him that if I was his agent. Playing for the Red Wings right now is a goalie career killing move.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2020/01/red-wings-goaltending-issues-muddled-by-jonathan-bernier-injury.html

Sorta agree with Mlives presentation and the Wings players take here. This team as a 5 man unit doesn't not manage the puck well. It's basically a nightmare for our goalies and the team in general.

Why is Bernier out again though? He's "sick" again? I'm sorta getting suspicious of why this guy is always "sick" or mysteriously strained/injured every time it's his time to start. Not to get all conspiratorial, but I would not at all be surprised if this guys agent told him to intentionally play as few games as possible for this years team. Protect your numbers so you can move on and get a job somewhere else next year. Honestly, I would tell him that if I was his agent. Playing for the Red Wings right now is a goalie career killing move.

He's stuck with the Wings for another year. UFA in 2021

52 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He'll be the great french ambassador for Lafreniere since Mantha will miss 50 games and Veleno will still be in GRs.  

Well I guess I'm glad we still have him.

I am jonesing for an Askarov though. We need SOMETHING in net. Still really skeptical that YZerman will be able to land one of the big FA netminders with this roster.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well I guess I'm glad we still have him.

I am jonesing for an Askarov though. We need SOMETHING in net. Still really skeptical that YZerman will be able to land one of the big FA netminders with this roster.

Well then Yzerman needs another lotto pick in the 10-14 range because it's looking like that's where Askarov has fallen to in most rankings now. 

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Fixed

The year is 2045. You turn on the TV to watch your Redbois and there he is. Jimmy Howard still in net. Many Mrazeks and Comries have tried to replace him in net but he has eaten all of them. Literally. He is massive now. With caloric intake well over 50,000 a day and increasing. Players try to score on him but his fat has consumed the entire net. Most players refuse to even skate near him out of fear of being consumed. Unable to move him, the Red Wings allow him to live stationary in the net at the LCA. Cults are formed and volunteers tend to him by emptying an endless stream of hot dogs into his now gaping maw. And the eternal Howard remains there in goal. Guarding his net for all time.

ZwyoRQH.gif