• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

Yzerman Interview with Ken Kal

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, xault said:

If we pick anywhere outside top 3, I want Yaroslav Askarov. I honestly wouldn't be mad taking him at #3.

Respek

It will take Yzerman level balls to do it... Good thing for us, we have Yzerman.

Just like last year with Seider people will shudder and gasp at the selection. But Yzerman knows better than these media R-tards.

I believe.

17 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Jesus dude. I'm not trying to argue. I'm trying to make sense of what you're saying. 

Do you want to extend Bernier or not? You said it twice. Like actually said it. And if so, when would you like this to happen? 

If Yzerman strikes out on a goalie this summer, and Bernier continues to play next season like he has lately, then I'd like to see him extended at some point during next season. I think it would be a mistake to wait until free agency in 2021 to deal with it, because at that point he'd likely test the market. Then we'd have nothing and have to hope to lure someone competent July 1st. Risky business. 

My hope is that Bernier is just hitting his prime years, which is not unusual for a goalie at 30. He's always had the tools. 

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Respek

It will take Yzerman level balls to do it... Good thing for us, we have Yzerman.

Just like last year with Seider people will shudder and gasp at the selection. But Yzerman knows better than these media R-tards.

I believe.

I honestly haven't followed the kids as much as usual this season.  Outside of the consensus top 2, I am not sure who is best at 3 or lower.  Since Uncle Gary is going to make sure Detroit drops as far as they can, I would not mind taking that Goalie at #4.  I just don't know much about the rest of the field.

Montreal, Ottawa or Anaheim will get the pick before we do. I just ran the simulator, and we won, but damn if Chicago didn't jump to #2. Seven spots! This needs to be addressed. Lottery flawed.

Quick sidenote, on tankathon, I ran the NHL,we won, I ran the NBA, Pistons won, Tigers are 1st OA, Lions 3rd. Could be very interesting for all of our sports teams!

Edited by LeftWinger

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Respek

I believe.

Pronman has the two guys picked after Seider (Zegras and Cozens) ranked higher than Seider.  In fact, he also has them in their own elite/high end class. 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Pronman has the two guys picked after Seider (Zegras and Cozens) ranked higher than Seider.  In fact, he also has them in their own elite/high end class. 

THEE Corey Pronman said that?

Wasn't Corey also the one who was forced to begrudgingly admit that he was wrong about Seider during training camp this fall? That he had him ranked way too low at the draft and that he hadn't even watched Seider play that much prior?

Seider was THE BEST player in his draft class. Better and more valuable than Jack Booos and Krappo Cracko. Years from now folks will do their little re-drafts and Seider will be #1 without question.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Seider was THE BEST player in his draft class. Better and more valuable than Jack Booos and Krappo Cracko. Years from now folks will do their little re-drafts and Seider will be #1 without question.

I hope you're right. 

1 hour ago, xault said:

I think if Yaroslav Askarov was canadien media would act if he was the next Price or Fleury.

Askarov has already been compared to Price by Canadian media...

40 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh boy more Jake Paterson's

There are a lot more elite goaltenders drafted beyond the 1st round than elite goaltenders drafted in the 1st round (top 10 (or top 4...) in particular)...

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There are a lot more elite goaltenders drafted beyond the 1st round than elite goaltenders drafted in the 1st round (top 10 (or top 4...) in particular)...

In 56 drafts the Detroit Red Wings have never once selected an elite goaltender. But I'm sure we'll find one in the late rounds this year, definitely. Maybe in 5 years he can even make the squad?

Or ya kno... we take Askarov, who can probably actually play soon.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

In 56 drafts the Detroit Red Wings have never once selected an elite goaltender. But I'm sure we'll find one in the late rounds this year, definitely. Maybe in 5 years he can even make the squad?

Or ya kno... we take Askarov, who can probably actually play soon.

In 56 drafts the Detroit Red Wings have only once had Steve Yzerman running the draft. Steve Yzerman drafted Andrei Vasilevskiy.

I'm not suggesting late rounds, I'm saying not with what will be our highest pick in 30 years, with some elite (can't miss) forwards on the board. If we end up falling to 3 or 4, your boy Stutzel will likely still be available, and I'd much rather pick him, or a number of other forwards before Askarov.

If we can somehow grab another 1st round pick, and Askarov is still on the board, I'd be more than happy to pick him there. Not with a top 4 pick though.