• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Cholowski Sucks

Rate this topic

I honestly would take a young Brendan Smith over him.

His time in the NHL has been awful, and maybe he was rushed, but he's been just as bad for the Griffins.

4 pts in 14 games and -6. He's passing into everyone's feet, and panicking the moment any semblance of pressure is applied. Smith was picked 7 spots lower and was at least putting up 30 sum points in 60 sum games in the AHL at this age. It makes you wonder why Cholowoski was ever called up to the NHL prior to this.

I'm not saying his career is completely bust or anything, but both Yzerman and Holland had no business putting him in the NHL so young. This kid looks to be years away from contributing still (hopefully).

Thank god we have Hronek. Even undrafted Alex Mcrea makes him look scratchable.

I hope Yzerman gets creative and flips this kid for something better. I don't see a top4 future for him at all. Wasted 1st round pick.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

To add to the topic about Griffins

Comments rated

Svech sucks 5/10
Turgeon sucks 9/10
Pearson sucks 6/10
Kuffner sucks Who cares
Lindstrom sucks 4/10

Hicketts is decent Sucks
Veleno is decent :devil:
Hirose is decent 8/10

Rasmussen is awesome 10/10
Seider is awesome 10/10
Smith is awesome If Brendan? 2/10 If Givani? 8/10

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

To add to the topic about Griffins

Svech sucks
Turgeon sucks
Pearson sucks
Kuffner sucks
Lindstrom sucks

Hicketts is decent
Veleno is decent
Hirose is decent

Rasmussen is awesome
Seider is awesome
Smith is awesome

More or less agree with this. I like the odds of Veleno moving up to awesome status. He's looked a lot more confident since the WJC, hopefully he continues that. 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

With Hicketts he'll probably never make the NHL full time. But like Puempel or Terry he's a real gud AHLer.

I don't understand everyone's optimism with Turgeon though. He's completely forgettable. Would rather have Ferraro or Andersson in his spot honestly.

36 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

More or less agree with this. I like the odds of Veleno moving up to awesome status. He's looked a lot more confident since the WJC, hopefully he continues that. 

Yeah just needs to be better in the AHL

9 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

CRL, your unabashed optimism for this team is intolerably nauseating.

I will praise a good team, and have hope for a mediocre one. But bad teams deserve nothing.

Like an overgrown sapling the loser branchs/buds need to be pruned away so the tree can grow healthy.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't understand everyone's optimism with Turgeon though. He's completely forgettable. Would rather have Ferraro or Andersson in his spot honestly.

To clarify. I was rating your ratings. I gave your rating of "Turgeon sucks" a 9/10 for accuracy. And your rating of "Lindstom sucks" a 3/10 because I think he's better than "sucks" 

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

To clarify. I was rating your ratings. I gave your rating of "Turgeon sucks" a 9/10 for accuracy. And your rating of "Lindstom sucks" a 3/10 because I think he's better than "sucks" 

Oh I see

Meh Lindstrom looks like a 7th D to me. If he ever does make the team he'll never carry a load.

Cholowski has definitely been disappointing the past several months, but he's still young. I think he was thrown into the NHL too early. He may never be a top four defenseman, but I think he still has NHL potential. But then again, he may end up being Brendan Smith 2.0...

One thing I definitely disagree with though, is this...

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's passing into everyone's feet, and panicking the moment any semblance of pressure is applied.

... the bold in particular. He's still showing a lot of poise with the puck, including when he's being pressured. The offensive awareness is there, but like with Larkin, I think management are stressing the importance of defense first. Unfortunately, I still haven't seen enough improvement in his defensive game. Maybe he gets there, but maybe not... I'd definitely by okay with a trade, depending on the return. It would likely have to be part of a package, but maybe Athanasiou and Cholowski plus a pick could garner a nice return?...

Veleno - middle six center
Rasmussen - middle six center / winger
Svechnikov - looking more and more like a bust, but could still be a decent 3rd line winger.
Smith - bottom six winger
Turgeon - nothing special, but could be a decent 4th line center.
Pearson - see: Turgeon
Hirose - career AHLer
Kuffner - career AHLer

Seider - top pair defenseman
Cholowski - bottom four defenseman
Lindstrom - see: Marchenko
Hicketts - career AHLer

Edited by krsmith17

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

CRL, your unabashed optimism for this team is intolerably nauseating.

I pretty much agree with his assessment overall...This team isn't good, and it won't be for a handful of years...We need luck at the draft - not just what spot we draft, but also the guy we pick actually turns out more than just some random 3rd line forward, or bottom pairing Dman at the NHL level.

Mete
Hronek
Fox
Girard

Amazing that this BCHL guy got drafted higher than all of them. Couldn't handle the more disciplined older players of the NCAA so he literally quit and went to the CHL lol. And yet he still got NHL time under Holland and Yzerman. At least it took Yzerman a lot fewer games to realize this kid is trash I guess.

Just happy the time of Holland drafting is behind us. Trade this kid.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mete
Hronek
Fox
Girard

Amazing that this BCHL guy got drafted higher than all of them. Couldn't handle the more disciplined older players of the NCAA so he literally quit and went to the CHL lol. And yet he still got NHL time under Holland and Yzerman. At least it took Yzerman a lot fewer games to realize this kid is trash I guess.

Just happy the time of Holland drafting is behind us. Trade this kid.

Holland has been awful at drafting dmen for a long time. I consider Hronek to be absolute luck on his part. First dman to really pan out since ******* Kronwall. 

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Holland has been awful at drafting dmen for a long time. I consider Hronek to be absolute luck on his part. First dman to really pan out since ******* Kronwall. 

Holland is awful at evaluating defensemen...

The conservative Kenny Holland has made two trades since becoming GM of the Oilers. The first was the Lucic for Neal trade. Great trade for Holland. The second trade Holland made was defense prospect, John Marino (2015, 6th round pick) to Pittsburgh for a 2021 6th round pick. Marino just turned 22 years old, and never played a single pro game for the Oilers / Condors. He went to Pittsburgh and impressed enough to make the team out of camp. He has since put up 23 points (4 goals, 19 assists) in 44 games. So Holland got a 6th round pick for a defenseman that would rank second on his team in points behind only Klefbom, ahead of Nurse, and 8th among NHL rookies, 4th among NHL rookie defensemen...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Holland is awful at evaluating defensemen...

The conservative Kenny Holland has made two trades since becoming GM of the Oilers. The first was the Lucic for Neal trade. Great trade for Holland. The second trade Holland made was defense prospect, John Marino (2015, 6th round pick) to Pittsburgh for a 2021 6th round pick. Marino just turned 22 years old, and never played a single pro game for the Oilers / Condors. He went to Pittsburgh and impressed enough to make the team out of camp. He has since put up 23 points (4 goals, 19 assists) in 44 games. So Holland got a 6th round pick for a defenseman that would rank second on his team in points behind only Klefbom, ahead of Nurse, and 8th among NHL rookies, 4th among NHL rookie defensemen...

Don't forget waiving Quincy to keep Meech only to trade a 1st to get him back. 

I'm beginning to think Holland just sucked at everything. His name should be stricken from the Stanley Cup. Poser. 

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

unfortunately it does seem that Cholowski has turned into a turd.  Trade him west, get a pick for him.

Guess Holland just should've skipped out on Nielsen, ate Datsyuk's contract hit and drafted Chychrun...but we are talking about Holland.

Hronek > Chychrun

Hronek + Cholowski (or whatever we get in a trade) >>> Chychrun

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Great point. That's a tough one... Who would we have signed the following season though?...

Then I add this nut twister.

Is:

the chance to sign Stamkos (which becomes Nielsen) + Hronek + Cholowski >>> not Nielsen + Chychrun

?

As far as your question goes, 2017 sucked for UFAs. Maybe Marleau on a three year deal?