• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Cholowski Sucks

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

As a superhero in a wheelchair and the legs of a man in a wheelchair who played a superhero on TV, you'd think we'd get along :confused:

I was just feeling sassy, it does appear that Cholowski sucks.

Although the connection with our names does make me feel like we're actually eternal rivals. You know, something like GOKU AND VEGETA :w00t:. Maybe we should change our avatars...

12 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I was just feeling sassy, it does appear that Cholowski sucks.

Although the connection with our names does make me feel like we're actually eternal rivals. You know, something like GOKU AND VEGETA :w00t:. Maybe we should change our avatars...

"Muh Cartoons"

Disgusting

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I know I feel l'm over-conditioned against this type of Dman now. Yelling at my monitor "C'MON THAT'S SMITH LEVEL s***" every game with him.

Smith. Kindl. Ouellet. Marchenko. Sproul. Backman. Almqvist. We've seen some s***. The only reason I'm not doubting Hronek is that he's just been that good.

16 minutes ago, Spongewingredpants said:

We should trade him like Tatar, who is on track for 86 season points. He might not suck on another team 

He's on track for 70 points, assuming he doesn't slow down at the end of the season like he did last year.

23 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Anyone on this team would drastically improve on another, lol.

sadly, that is very true

23 hours ago, marcaractac said:

He's on track for 70 points, assuming he doesn't slow down at the end of the season like he did last year.

you are correct. Siri sucks. Still a good output

It's not really that he improved.  Basically everyone in the league is scoring more than they did a few years ago.  Largely as a result of the changes with the goalies.  Did people NOT notice that all of a sudden half the league had career years all at once?

13 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's not really that he improved.  Basically everyone in the league is scoring more than they did a few years ago.  Largely as a result of the changes with the goalies.  Did people NOT notice that all of a sudden half the league had career years all at once?

That's because everyone is padding their stats against Detroit :ninja:

Just now, LeftWinger said:

basically Blashill sucks, that is why players underachieve here.

Although, I would dangle Cholowski out there to a Western Canada team and see what his trade value may be.

Agree about Blashill...Not so sure I'd give up on Cholo just yet.

There's always a decent chance he could flourish with Gallant/Laviolette running the show...The only way I'd move him would be if there was a sense of an overpayment.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

basically Blashill sucks, that is why players underachieve here.

Although, I would dangle Cholowski out there to a Western Canada team and see what his trade value may be.

You think Bertuzzi, Hronek, Larkin (this season aside) Mantha, and Zadina (since this most recent call-up) have underacheived? 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You think Bertuzzi, Hronek, Larkin (this season aside) Mantha, and Zadina (since this most recent call-up) have underacheived? 

put it this way, I cannot wait to see what they do under a new coach. Maybe Steve can woo Jon Cooper here if he is not interested in Gallant or Lavs.  If Bylsma takes over, I fear we will have more of the same.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

put it this way, I cannot wait to see what they do under a new coach. Maybe Steve can woo Jon Cooper here if he is not interested in Gallant or Lavs.  If Bylsma takes over, I fear we will have more of the same.

Agreed...We need a new group of coaches...Hopefully Grand Master Y has contacted those 3 you've mentioned in letting them know that there could be employment opportunity in the Motor City.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So you want to see if they can maybe overachieve? 

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Bert has been great, Zadina is progressing nicely, Mantha was having a breakout season, Hronek keeps getting better, and Larkin is heating up after a sluggish season with extra focus on D. Blash has been great handling those guys. Neither are underachieving. It's all the aging vets who aren't doing anything. It's the lack of NHL quality D and mediocre Howard that has killed us most of the season. None of that is Blashill's fault. 

I am not sure if there is a 2020 off season rebuild thread out there, but this team needs:

Entire new coaching staff. Needs to NOT re-sign any UFA's (Biega maybe as a #7) and then rid themselves of:

Ehn, Nielsen, Helm, Filppula and Abby.  I see maybe 2 of those names being gone though.

Do we have players in GR ready to come in and replace them? I believe so.

Rasmussen, Zadina, Veleno, Smith and Svech.  Any of which can fill some spots.

D is another beast though, we are losing 3 players to UFA, possibly 4 if Biega leaves.  Do we have 3-4 players in GR ready to come in? The thread subject Cholowski given another chance, Seider? McIsaac? Are they NHL ready? Should be a very interesting summer.

on subject, I really dont think Cholowski "sucks" but from what we all have heard, he has attitude (maturity) problems.  Maybe the right coach/D coach could change that. I hope so, I'd hate to try to fill another hole...but then again, Steve did draft a ton of D men last year.

6 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Bert has been great, Zadina is progressing nicely, Mantha was having a breakout season, Hronek keeps getting better, and Larkin is heating up after a sluggish season with extra focus on D. Blash has been great handling those guys. Neither are underachieving. It's all the aging vets who aren't doing anything. It's the lack of NHL quality D and mediocre Howard that has killed us most of the season. None of that is Blashill's fault. 

I'll give you that.  I would love to see what can be done with this team if the players I mentioned above were gone. Along with Howard. We are losing Green, Daley, E and Howard, so I guess that is a start. Either way, our D is going to be much different in 2020-21.

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So you want to see if they can maybe overachieve? 

I guess we will see what they can do when our D is rebuilt this summer. It is hard to score when you're always getting scored on. I even think (if he isn't traded) AA will turn it back around next season. That would be a huge plus.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'll give you that.  I would love to see what can be done with this team if the players I mentioned above were gone. Along with Howard. We are losing Green, Daley, E and Howard, so I guess that is a start. Either way, our D is going to be much different in 2020-21.

Like, if Yzerman wants Gallant, I think that's cool. I like how Gallant-coached teams play. Outside of that, I'm all for seeing what Blash can do with a competent roster. Once there are expectations of improvement and the team fails, THAT is when the coach should be replaced. 

Blash is great at getting an effort out of the guys, despite only winning 12 games. I've seen teams quit on the season with better records.

54 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Like, if Yzerman wants Gallant, I think that's cool. I like how Gallant-coached teams play. Outside of that, I'm all for seeing what Blash can do with a competent roster. Once there are expectations of improvement and the team fails, THAT is when the coach should be replaced. 

Blash is great at getting an effort out of the guys, despite only winning 12 games. I've seen teams quit on the season with better records.

Exactly, look at Toronto during the first half of the season.  A WAY better roster was sitting outside of the playoff picture because the team quit on the coach.  That's not the case with Blash.  We suck because we don't have enough talent, not because the coaching is bad. 

That said, I like Laviolette and Gallant as replacements.  I think it's important for management to indicate to the fans, and more importantly the players, that they're aware that the season was a MASSIVE struggle and they're doing everything they can to find a remedy.  I probably wouldn't be saying this if there were no talented coaches on the market, but there are at least two (including one top coach in Laviolette) who have already proven they are as effective as one would hope Blashill becomes.