• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Cholowski Sucks

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Exactly, look at Toronto during the first half of the season.  A WAY better roster was sitting outside of the playoff picture because the team quit on the coach.  That's not the case with Blash.  We suck because we don't have enough talent, not because the coaching is bad. 

That said, I like Laviolette and Gallant as replacements.  I think it's important for management to indicate to the fans, and more importantly the players, that they're aware that the season was a MASSIVE struggle and they're doing everything they can to find a remedy.  I probably wouldn't be saying this if there were no talented coaches on the market, but there are at least two (including one top coach in Laviolette) who have already proven they are as effective as one would hope Blashill becomes.

To be fair, the Leafs are still on the outside looking in :lol:

The team hasn't quit, but they sure suck at playing without the puck. 

But yes, if there are obvious upgrades available I get making a change. The question is, how many proven coaches are itching to join a team at this stage of a rebuild?

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You guys: "It's not Blashill''s fault"

Also you guys: "Replace Blash with Laviolette or Gallant"

funny

What's funny about that? Both could be true...

Is it Blashill's fault this team sucks? Nope.

Is it possible that another coach could get more out of this team? Yup.

Does Blashill need to be replaced this season? Nope.

Should Blashill be replaced if a better coach comes along? Yup.

12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

What's funny about that? Both could be true...

Is it Blashill's fault this team sucks? Nope.

Is it possible that another coach could get more out of this team? Yup.

Does Blashill need to be replaced this season? Nope.

Should Blashill be replaced if a better coach comes along? Yup.

If it's not Blashill's fault why would we get rid of him? There could be a good young coach under all that mess.

Watch him let us go and he runs off to Winnipeg and wins a cup

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If it's not Blashill's fault why would we get rid of him? There could be a good young coach under all that mess.

Watch him let us go and he runs off to Winnipeg and wins a cup

I'm not saying Blashill should be fired, but if there are better options available (I think there could be), then Yzerman should at least be considering it...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not saying Blashill should be fired, but if there are better options available (I think there could be), then Yzerman should at least be considering it...

I'm willing to roll with Blashill for another year but only because I've already written off next season. 

I just don't think proven coaches would have much interest at coming to a team at the bottom of a rebuild. Sure Gallant went to Vegas when they were expected to be a s***ty expansion team, but he got that taste of going to the finals and coaching a perennial playoff team. I have little doubt Laviolette wants to win as well. 

For a team in the Wings state, it's likely either stick with what you got, hire a garbage coach desperate for a job, or bring in someone new. Assuming no coaching upgrades want to come here, which is likely, I'm all for sticking it out with Blash to see what he can do as the team gets better. Who knows, maybe he would do great things with a capable roster. He's yet to have one at the NHL level. He walked into a lose-lose situation in Detroit and has done a great job developing young players. 

8 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I just don't think proven coaches would have much interest at coming to a team at the bottom of a rebuild. Sure Gallant went to Vegas when they were expected to be a s***ty expansion team, but he got that taste of going to the finals and coaching a perennial playoff team. I have little doubt Laviolette wants to win as well. 

For a team in the Wings state, it's likely either stick with what you got, hire a garbage coach desperate for a job, or bring in someone new. Assuming no coaching upgrades want to come here, which is likely, I'm all for sticking it out with Blash to see what he can do as the team gets better. Who knows, maybe he would do great things with a capable roster. He's yet to have one at the NHL level. He walked into a lose-lose situation in Detroit and has done a great job developing young players. 

I'm okay with waiting a little longer on Blash too, but if one of Gallant or Laviolette were interested, you'd have to consider it. 

I think them being interested in a team like Detroit, could be weighed heavily on the upcoming draft. If we luck out with Lafreniere, I could see a lot of coaches being interested in coaching the Red Wings.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm okay with waiting a little longer on Blash too, but if one of Gallant or Laviolette were interested, you'd have to consider it. 

I think them being interested in a team like Detroit, could be weighed heavily on the upcoming draft. If we luck out with Lafreniere, I could see a lot of coaches being interested in coaching the Red Wings.

Oh absolutely. I'm just not sure they'd be interested in joining a work in progress at this point in their careers. 

But yes, Lafreniere can change the game. Even when it comes to attracting UFAs. Markstrom, Lehner, or Greiss can solidify that position along with Bernier. Krug or Barrie at the right price could certainly speed the rebuild up as well. Key words, right price. 

Edited by marcaractac

8 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

When someone says Peters is a good coach 

flames_peters.jpg

Hey he got the Flames 50 WINS in his first and only season there. That's pretty impressive. Then after doing all that for them, they immediately canned him for some gamer talk he said in a different organization in a different league like 10 years ago.

There could be a lot of untapped potential there.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

MFW when someone says Prince is good music

flames_peters.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w

That's a face of agreement

BTW: why is it that every NHL coach either has a beautiful, full head of thick hair, or is completely shaved bald? Where is the normal "thinning hair, but not bad enough to shave my head" guys?