• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/20 Avalunch GDT - Red Wings @ Avalanche - 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

they look great... Jimmy Howard is his usual stellar self despite the Storm Trooper helmet.  We know this might not last, but they are bringing what serves as their A game here today.

oh look ANOTHER PP for the Avs.  Let's continue to press our luck here, shall we, Wings??? :nono:

2 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

they look great... Jimmy Howard is his usual stellar self despite the Storm Trooper helmet.  We know this might not last, but they are bringing what serves as their A game here today.

oh look ANOTHER PP for the Avs.  Let's continue to press our luck here, shall we, Wings??? :nono:

I remember when a 3:00 start time was a death sentence for the Wings. The times they are a-changin'? Maybe?

Just now, Dabura said:

I remember when a 3:00 start time was a death sentence for the Wings. The times they are a-changin'? Maybe?

this is upside down and backwards season (as is much of the world now).  Things that used to make sense no longer do, and vice versa

Just now, Dabura said:

End of 1st. Wings lead 1-0.

This is the Wings team we'd all hoped we'd be watching every night this season.

Jimmy brought his Hasek mojo today.. thankfully.   Now, if the Wings understand that one goal is probably not enough, this could end better than one would expect, statistically.

3 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Jimmy brought his Hasek mojo today.. thankfully.   Now, if the Wings understand that one goal is probably not enough, this could end better than one would expect, statistically.

I'm all for a Jimmy Howard redemption arc. Bring it on. Helps the team, helps him feel better about himself, and maybe pushes forced retirement off for another year. Everyone wins.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'm all for a Jimmy Howard redemption arc. Bring it on. Helps the team, helps him feel better about himself, and maybe pushes forced retirement off for another year. Everyone wins.

Some people hope it will force a trade.  I hope not.  He deserves to retire a Red Wing.  He has stuck with them through highs and lows, and deserves to go out on his own terms.

15 minutes ago, Dabura said:

End of 1st. Wings lead 1-0.

This is the Wings team we'd all hoped we'd be watching every night this season.

Maybe day games are the answer. Was the breakfast buffet that good this morning? Huge carb load?

Avs tie it up. :(

Kadri's a punk, but credit where it's due: he's a really good, really underrated player.

4 minutes ago, puckbags said:

Maybe day games are the answer. Was the breakfast buffet that good this morning? Huge carb load?

Maybe Ehn's a bigger drain on the team than we'd thought. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Avs take the lead. :(

Turns out Cale Makar is, in fact, as good as advertised.

Wings have scored their one goal per game limit, so by default, we may be done here... unless Jimmy can score one to tie it.

Edited by puckloo39

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Every team not named the Red Wings seems to have a powerhouse waterbug defenseman who skates like McDavid and scores seemingly at will (like McDavid).

I look forward to Seider picking them up and throwing them over the glass.

for moments this season and last, I thought we might have that.  We don't.

2 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

for moments this season and last, I thought we might have that.  We don't.

Whenever I'm watching our D and thinking what in the actual f*ck I go on youtube and watch Lidstrom highlights. Centers me for about 12 minutes. 

6 minutes ago, puckbags said:

This is the part of the game where our beloved coach looks totally confused and outclassed. He looks around trying to find an answer and next thing he knows it's 5-1 and its over. 

That sequence that happened just now, where the Wings were applying some o-zone pressure and Bertuzzi tried to force a long pass back to the point, which led to the Avs breaking out with purpose and ultimately getting a couple of quality scoring chances...at the risk of hugely oversimplifying things, I want to say that that sequence kind of sums up our meltdown pathology. Basically, we seem all too willing to back off from an attacking mentality and go through the motions of low-percentage playmaking.

When the going gets tough, you dig your heels in and push back in kind. Put pucks on net. Don't force adventures that very likely wouldn't work out even if you execute them perfectly.