• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Mantha might be done for the year - what now

Rate this topic

Saw it on twitter looks like he might be done , now wtf do we do with his contract situation? Doubt he’d go longterm as his cap hit wouldnt be too as high as he’d like due to always being injured and getting lower stats and doubt we’d do it since he’s always injured and its starting to seem like a risk

We sign him one year and he’s still an rfa? Sadly if thats the case thats where i see us going with mantha on his next deal now

This sucks

It's crazy, for years we had no enforcer, and league lowest fighting majors, and somehow Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Lidstrom managed to stay healthy anyway.  But for some reason Mantha feels the need to defend every single teammate that gets bumped and for the 3rd straight year he's the one paying for it.  What a bonehead.

34 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's not getting a 1 year deal. The benefit here, from a GM position, is that he has yet to hit the 30 goal mark. And there's an injury history. If I'm SY, I offer him a 4 year deal at 4.5 per. Mantha is at a disadvantage. I think he prefers the longer term over the actual salary.

If your mantha you take 4.5 x4-5 years? Zero chance that happens

45 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's crazy, for years we had no enforcer, and league lowest fighting majors, and somehow Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Lidstrom managed to stay healthy anyway.  But for some reason Mantha feels the need to defend every single teammate that gets bumped and for the 3rd straight year he's the one paying for it.  What a bonehead.

He needs to start taking palm striking lessons from Bas Rutten.  

can someone explain to me why this is still so vague? Why can't we divulge what this "mid-body/rib" mystery injury is? 

55 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm with you mostly, but to be fair to Mantha I don't think the weird body slam thing that happened is what he, or anyone, anticipated from a scrum. I'd rather just see him play physical and throw some hits than get into anymore fights though. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

As you well know by now that I don't have a problem with guys standing up for themselves, or for a teammate, but Mantha's injuries are almost freakish in nature.

Mantha's odds of getting injured in a fight are higher than ours staying in the top 3 with the upcoming lottery.

16 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

As you well know by now that I don't have a problem with guys standing up for themselves, or for a teammate, but Mantha's injuries are almost freakish in nature.

Mantha's odds of getting injured in a fight are higher than ours staying in the top 3 with the upcoming lottery.

As Wayne Gretzky once said (or at least surely thought), "you don't lose 100% of the fights you don't get into". 

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If your mantha you take 4.5 x4-5 years? Zero chance that happens

Yeah, I do. His numbers are unremarkable for a "power forward" and he can't stay healthy. It may not be the salary he wants, but he's getting term. If it goes to arbitration, what's he going to get based on his points and injury history? A 1 year deal for under 5.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Truth. Reminds me of Helm in his early years.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yeah, I do. His numbers are unremarkable for a "power forward" and he can't stay healthy. It may not be the salary he wants, but he's getting term. If it goes to arbitration, what's he going to get based on his points and injury history? A 1 year deal for under 5.

He’d gladly take that one year deal under 5 and bank on himself rather than take that deal you suggested . He seems like a confident guy who’d bet on himself and we can’t afford a 2 yr deal as he’d walk away and 3 id say is too short .

If i had to bet $ id say its a one year deal unless yzerman is confident enough with giving him a kyle connor type of contract at around 7 per, he’s hurt every year but this muzzin crap was some freak injury from some ******* player 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

It's crazy, for years we had no enforcer, and league lowest fighting majors, and somehow Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Lidstrom managed to stay healthy anyway.  But for some reason Mantha feels the need to defend every single teammate that gets bumped and for the 3rd straight year he's the one paying for it.  What a bonehead

Coaching

Every tragedy is an opportunity.

Mantha's not gonna get a huge contract now, in a season where we didn't exactly need him to get us wins anyway.

Hopefully we can get him signed cheap now and he continues to be a ppg production player later.

This is kinda why I wanted Witter re-signed thou. He costs nothing, and seemed like a good Michigan hillbilly. Coulda been out punching bag for years if needed. Yzerman drafted him too...

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Saw it on twitter looks like he might be done , now wtf do we do with his contract situation? Doubt he’d go longterm as his cap hit wouldnt be too as high as he’d like due to always being injured and getting lower stats and doubt we’d do it since he’s always injured and its starting to seem like a risk

We sign him one year and he’s still an rfa? Sadly if thats the case thats where i see us going with mantha on his next deal now

This sucks

Who's reporting this?

7 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That sucks.  This won't help the stereotype about French people and toughness.  If this were NHL 19, I'd trade him for picks.  

Getting injured and being tough have nothing to do with each other. 

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

So this is the 3rd year where he's basically f***ed his season by fighting for no good reason?  Awesome.  There's dumb, and then there's Brendan Smith dumb, and then there's this guy.

Ya, he really needs to stop with the fighting. Its one thing if someone starts waling on him and he defends himself, but he has to let someone else do enforcing His body clearly isn't built for it. Isnt this what we paid Abby 4.25mil a year to do?

54 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Helene st james and others , just have to search  on twitter. Its probably on mlive and wings news sites by now 

I don’t use Twitter. I can’t stand it lol. I see that CRL posted a tweet from HSJ though. You have to think he wants to come back this season, missing the entire season is going to kill his leverage in negotiations.

Based on reports, I’m guessing he has a really bad scapula injury.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Who's reporting this?

Getting injured and being tough have nothing to do with each other. 

Ya, he really needs to stop with the fighting. Its one thing if someone starts waling on him and he defends himself, but he has to let someone else do enforcing His body clearly isn't built for it. Isnt this what we paid Abby 4.25mil a year to do?

No. Abby is paid to be a punching bag. Not a fighter.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Helene st james and others , just have to search  on twitter. Its probably on mlive and wings news sites by now 

No. We're not supposed to search for it. You're supposed to link it.

24 minutes ago, kliq said:

I don’t use Twitter. I can’t stand it lol. I see that CRL posted a tweet from HSJ though. You have to think he wants to come back this season, missing the entire season is going to kill his leverage in negotiations.

Based on reports, I’m guessing he has a really bad scapula injury.

So then Muzzin signed July 1st comfirmed?

9 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That sucks.  This won't help the stereotype about French people and toughness.  If this were NHL 19, I'd trade him for picks.  

What about NHL 20?