• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Mantha might be done for the year - what now

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm down with moving him if it nets us a really good defenseman or a really juicy 2020 pick (+ prospect).

Seriously? You’d move mantha for say the 25th pick and some teams like 3rd best prospect? Im as frustrated as anyone that mantha got hurt but wasnt his fault punk ass muzzin’s Pulling some cobra kai bulls*** on the ice and injuring guys 

The guy was on the verge of breaking out , has the size and shot to be a 30-40 goal guy and id have zero interest in trading him atm . Sucks he got hurt yet again but this time wasnt some injury where we can say he was fragile but cause by some dickhead

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Seriously? You’d move mantha for say the 25th pick and some teams like 3rd best prospect? Im as frustrated as anyone that mantha got hurt but wasnt his fault punk ass muzzin’s Pulling some cobra kai bulls*** on the ice and injuring guys 

The guy was on the verge of breaking out , has the size and shot to be a 30-40 goal guy and id have zero interest in trading him atm . Sucks he got hurt yet again but this time wasnt some injury where we can say he was fragile but cause by some dickhead

Why does "really juice 2020 pick" = "25th pick", and "prospect" = "3rd best prospect" to you?

I'm not interested in moving Mantha unless it's a massive overpayment, but he shouldn't be untouchable.

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

First, Mantha shouldn't be fighting at all.  Second, he gets hurt every single time he fights, so it's starting to get harder and harder to make it seem like it's a fluke.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Why does "really juice 2020 pick" = "25th pick", and "prospect" = "3rd best prospect" to you?

I'm not interested in moving Mantha unless it's a massive overpayment, but he shouldn't be untouchable.

Cause im assuming it’ll be a cup contender who’d make such a move at this point ... cant see say the sens offering up their 2020 1st or l.a etc... it’ll likely be a team contending for the cup and i just threw in 3rd cause i cant see a tampa offering up cal foote for example 

I just think teams will be also weary of his injury problems last few seasons (even though like i said this last one was some dips*** play that caused it) I can be wrong but i cant see us getting the 4th overall pick for example and a #1 prospect

For that reason id say hes untouchable atm , i think hes far too important to trade away with what the return will be . He’s definitely got everything to bounce back and hit 35-40

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

First, Mantha shouldn't be fighting at all.  Second, he gets hurt every single time he fights, so it's starting to get harder and harder to make it seem like it's a fluke.

You wont hear any argument about the fighting part but that had nothing to do with that little ***** muzzin tackling his head down to the ice 

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Cause im assuming it’ll be a cup contender who’d make such a move at this point ... cant see say the sens offering up their 2020 1st or l.a etc... it’ll likely be a team contending for the cup and i just threw in 3rd cause i cant see a tampa offering up cal foote for example 

I just think teams will be also weary of his injury problems last few seasons (even though like i said this last one was some dips*** play that caused it) I can be wrong but i cant see us getting the 4th overall pick for example and a #1 prospect

IF Mantha were to be traded, it would likely be a "hockey trade", not a typical "deadline trade". Meaning it could be involving any of the other 30 teams. If it were a top team, they'd have to give up their 1st round pick (25th-ish), plus one or two high, high end prospects.

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

For that reason id say hes untouchable atm , i think hes far too important to trade away with what the return will be . He’s definitely got everything to bounce back and hit 35-40

This I agree with. I have no desire to move our best player, who is still only 25 years old. Like I said, it would have to be a massive overpayment for me to even consider giving up Mantha at this point.

36 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

IF Mantha were to be traded, it would likely be a "hockey trade", not a typical "deadline trade". Meaning it could be involving any of the other 30 teams. If it were a top team, they'd have to give up their 1st round pick (25th-ish), plus one or two high, high end prospects.

This I agree with. I have no desire to move our best player, who is still only 25 years old. Like I said, it would have to be a massive overpayment for me to even consider giving up Mantha at this point.

confused what are you doing GIF

9 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You wont hear any argument about the fighting part but that had nothing to do with that little ***** muzzin tackling his head down to the ice 

Unless Muzzin attacked Mantha on the bench, or while he was skating away, I think it probably did have something to do with it.  Mantha jumped into a scrum to "defend" a teammate after a legal hit and got hurt.  Too bad, so sad.  Stop pretending to be a tough guy and get to the bench Samantha.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Unless Muzzin attacked Mantha on the bench, or while he was skating away, I think it probably did have something to do with it.  Mantha jumped into a scrum to "defend" a teammate after a legal hit and got hurt.  Too bad, so sad.  Stop pretending to be a tough guy and get to the bench Samantha.

Lmao ya i disagree here , you can stand up for your teammates without getting into a fight , cant blame the guy for muzzing being a dips***

but yes he needs to stop fighting

Anthony needs to learn the same lesson Brendan Shanahan (also no stranger to fighting, getting hurt, and ruining his seasons) learned oh so many years ago.  He wasn't drafted to fight, or get in scrums, or be an enforcer, or whatever.  He was drafted to score.  And you can't score in the Press Box.  Unless Karen Newman happens to be in attendance...obviously. 

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

most talented offensive player when healthy? maybe yeah

but "best player" is what you said and he's not that

Ok, so arguably our "best player"? Top 2 or 3 player on the team? What would you say? Before the injury, Mantha was our most dominant player all over the ice. If he has stayed healthy, he would likely still be leading the team in goals and points. Who on this team is indisputably better than Mantha? Larkin? Maybe... Bertuzzi? Nope... Who else?

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ok, so arguably our "best player"? Top 2 or 3 player on the team? What would you say? Before the injury, Mantha was our most dominant player all over the ice. If he has stayed healthy, he would likely still be leading the team in goals and points. Who on this team is indisputably better than Mantha? Larkin? Maybe... Bertuzzi? Nope... Who else?

It's Larkin. 

It's not "arguably". There's no debate. 

No one that knows anything would "argue" that Mantha is this team's best player. Except you, I guess.  Admit this and let's move on. 

20 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Seriously? You’d move mantha for say the 25th pick and some teams like 3rd best prospect?

No.

20 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Im as frustrated as anyone that mantha got hurt but wasnt his fault punk ass muzzin’s Pulling some cobra kai bulls*** on the ice and injuring guys 

I agree that Muzzin slew footing him shouldn't be held against him. The injuries are piling up, though. I think we can afford to be patient and count on him having some dynamite seasons in his late 20s. Ideally, those seasons would be part of legit pushes for a Cup.

26 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It's Larkin. 

It's not "arguably". There's no debate. 

No one that knows anything would "argue" that Mantha is this team's best player. Except you, I guess.  Admit this and let's move on. 

So if Mantha stayed healthy, kept his pace and was sitting at 42 points right now, leading the team, there would be "no debate"? Yeah, okay...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

So if Mantha stayed healthy, kept his pace and was sitting at 42 points right now, leading the team, there would be "no debate"? Yeah, okay...

LOL In the moment (for example, not 3 years after Smith gets traded to NYR or after Jurco signs a contract to play roller hockey in Malaysia) have you ever admitted you were wrong?

You threw "Mantha = best player" into this quote like it was fact. 

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I called you on it and rather than settle on "best goalscorer or offensive player" (which I agreed with) you're still going to try and make the case eh? Seems reasonable.

Best players in this order:

1. Larkin

2. Hronek

3. Bertuzzi

4. Mantha

There's your debate ya goof.