• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Mantha might be done for the year - what now

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If that's considered arbitrary, then it would be almost impossible to ever compare most players. At least under my parameters neither player is having any of their points scored excluded from the discussion.

Fair, but regardless, it's still such a small sample size for both players. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You should be posting this in the draft thread for all the Fabbri haters. "If you see something. Say something."

Maybe we can flip Zadina for a top10 pick and draft Askarov

there are no Fabbri haters, it is just you saying it because people dared to say they think Zadina is/will be better

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Premise: Since joining the team Zadina has scored more at 5v5 than Fabbri
Conclusion: Zadina is the better offensive player (since joining the team)

Strawman: An intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

I haven't misrepresented or twisted your argument in the slightest. I simply rejected your premise. "Since Zadina joined the team" is an arbitrary time period I don't care to measure. So you're free to come to that conclusion based on the parameters you set, but it's a conclusion that lacks any sort of merit in the spirit of the discussion because of the parameters you set in the premise IMHO. And me stating that isn't a strawman. It approaches your argument head on.

A true example of a strawman to your argument would be me saying: "Since Zadina joined the team Fabbri has had to pick up his slack on defense, and that's why Fabbri hasn't scored as much as him" - I've twisted the conversation towards Zadina's defense and successfully committed a strawman fallacy.

Seriously the Fabbri hate needs to stop

This kid literally just turned 24, and only has 34 games with the team so far. It's way too early to call him a bust. He's still getting acclimated to the systems in Detroit and learning his teammates names for pete sake. He's also a 1st round pick and still in his Stanley cup hangover period. So the potential is there, and when the hangover is over this kid is going to explode. Give him time before you draw any rash conclusions. Did I mention he won a Stanley cup?

The future is Fab

Okay, if you say so. I made it clear I see it as entirely futile to try and get through to you here. Sorry for the wasted post.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Fabbri IS objectively better than Zadina though. Any argument to the contrary is just coming from people who thinks its fun to poop on Fabbri. 

Which metric are you basing that statement on? Curious

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I see it as entirely futile to try and get through to you here. Sorry for the wasted post.

Get through on what? I didn't even disagree with you. I was curious what made it objectively true.

But alright, become petulant simply because I'm over the previous conversation. That's cool too I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Get through on what? I didn't even disagree with you. I was curious what made it objectively true.

But alright, become petulant simply because I'm over the previous conversation. That's cool too I suppose. 

What's that? Sorry, it's hard to hear you when I have two lovely ladies whispering into each ear.

Get dabbed on hater.

CSw17HyUEAAY2lb.jpg

5 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Bold 1: Technically their time as red wings could be considered arbitrary as well due to them both having played a different # of games with the team. In the end, I just figure it's more of a hey, let's see where they are after a full season type of convo. Regardless of which approach to the stats you both take, it's an extremely small sample size regardless.

Bold 2:  It would be dumb as f*** to flip either of them at the deadline unless someone was stupid enough to give us a top 10 pick for them. Anything beyond that it's a crap shot if you even get anyone as good as both of them are now. They are both young, they both have shown enough that they have potential to be big time players for this team. So yeah, folks suggesting that are idiots. 

#TeamFabbriandZadina

My time frame isn't even arbitrary. It's when Zadina joined the team 26 games ago. A reasonable enough sample size to say fun things about how he's played in that time. CRL's isn't arbitrary either, it's just not relevant to what I said. I don't even know why he's arguing with me tbh. Apparently he "rejects my premise", which in itself is meaningless to me anyways. 

Zadina has been better offensively since joining the team, if someone doesn't care about that because it doesn't take into Fabbri's entire season, please don't feel obligated to respond and start an unrelated argument. WCSH, OUT!

19 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

My time frame isn't even arbitrary. It's when Zadina joined the team 26 games ago. A reasonable enough sample size to say fun things about how he's played in that time. CRL's isn't arbitrary either, it's just not relevant to what I said. I don't even know why he's arguing with me tbh. Apparently he "rejects my premise", which in itself is meaningless to me anyways. 

Zadina has been better offensively since joining the team, if someone doesn't care about that because it doesn't take into Fabbri's entire season, please don't feel obligated to respond and start an unrelated argument. WCSH, OUT!

You're so vain. I bet you though my post was about you. Hint: it wasn't.

Just now, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

No I knew, my bad for not making that clear. I was actually originally just going to talk about how I mostly agreed with you but my post took a turn. I should've been more clear or unquoted you. 

Ahh lol. No worries! I was confused as I was basically telling them they were both right based on their approach to the stats. So I was confused when it seemed I was getting called out for "starting an unrelated argument" haha

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This kid literally just turned 24, and only has 34 games with the team so far. It's way too early to call him a bust. He's still getting acclimated to the systems in Detroit and learning his teammates names for pete sake. He's also a 1st round pick and still in his Stanley cup hangover period. So the potential is there, and when the hangover is over this kid is going to explode. Give him time before you draw any rash conclusions. Did I mention he won a Stanley cup?

The future is Fab

Found the shill.

You've been bought off by Big Fab. Sad. Truly sad.

25 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Found the shill.

You've been bought off by Big Fab. Sad. Truly sad.

Robert Fabbri is a brand new ambitious hockey player that is taking the NHL by storm and over 10 million fans have been already bought his jersey. His mitts are so good that it looks like he's playing in a mites game out there. He has strategic IQ, massive hits, automatic passing, an amazing wrist shot and over 400 highlight reels to choose from. My favorite reel is the one wear he scores his first Wings goal because the script says I have to say which one is my favorite or I won't get the money.

But you don't have to take my word for it, because Fabbri has over 250 thousand fans online NOW chatting about Robby that definitely aren't fake. If you want to find me online, my username is xX_Trap_Fabbri69_Xx and my clan is xX_Epic_Spaghetti420_Xx.

What are you waiting for, check out the link in the description to sign up and get 50000 Fabbri silver (which you definitely don't get automatically) and a free epic Fabbri avatar (the worst  Fabbri avatar) as a part of the new fan program.

Anyway thank you to the Fabbri Fan Flock for giving me a metric f*** ton of money from Italy in exchange for me being a shill to you.

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

There are no Fabbri haters. Only Zuul. 

Robby - This is basically the coolest way of naming the name Robert, besides maybe Bobby. Fabbri is a confirmed cool guy. In general the name Robby Fabbri roles off the tongue like speaking french or something, but cooler.

Filip - This is not even how you spell Philip, his parents are idiots. Trying shortening it to Fil... whoops sorry bucko the only Fil on this team is Val FILppula. Can't go by Z either cause that's Zberg. Kid is a nicknameless loser unless you count Zagina.

D_j2CdVXsAAWSrt.jpg

Look at this kid. Eating spaghet of the cup like a stallion. $500 dollar shades, rolex, gold chain, sick tats, and a humbling custom family apron. This guy has style, swag, and the game to back it up. Girls want to f*** him, men want to be him.

tumblr_p9srx3POkI1wcocppo3_500.jpg

Zadina has the complexion of a breadstick from little caesars and the body of a 13 year old girl. He does not have style or swag and he's hurting the teams game when their out late night looking for kills.

I rest my case.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Zadina has the complexion of a breadstick from little caesars and the body of a 13 year old girl. He does not have style or swag and he's hurting the teams game when their out late night looking for kills.

What a BUMmer

36 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Robby - This is basically the coolest way of naming the name Robert, besides maybe Bobby. Fabbri is a confirmed cool guy. In general the name Robby Fabbri roles off the tongue like speaking french or something, but cooler.

Filip - This is not even how you spell Philip, his parents are idiots. Trying shortening it to Fil... whoops sorry bucko the only Fil on this team is Val FILppula. Can't go by Z either cause that's Zberg. Kid is a nicknameless loser unless you count Zagina.

My wife likes the name Robert for our first kid, I'm not a fan. You're right though, Robby not so bad. Coolness maximized.